CDZ When Did You Stop Believing In Santa Claus and How Old Is Too Old?

I can't remember when I stopped believing, but I remember the night I knew for sure he wasn't real. I was probably 8, and had woken up in the middle of the night. I walked around a corner, and saw my mom wrapping presents from "Santa" next to the tree. Before she saw me I ran back to bed. I never told her I saw her wrapping them. I didn't want to spoil it for her. :)

There is nothing wrong with tradition....embrace it....its our link to the past....we never want to lose that.....Merry Christmas!

I'm a big believer in tradition, but it needs to be a tradition with a real purpose and benefit. Blurring the line between fantasy and reality is not that.

I never stopped believing in Santa Claus. When I was a kid I believed, then, I played him for my kids, now my kids play him for their kids. It's a wonderful belief and tradition. Long live Santa Claus!!!! And his 'elf on the shelf' LOL Look, it's all just loving FUN. Seems we've forgotten about that.

Why would you stop believing in Santa Claus?

Because the legend itself isn't real, but like other people have already said on here, the spirit of Santa Claus is what keeps him alive in all of us. :)

I still believe is Santa and if the fat bastard doesn't bring me what I really want THIS year, this time, I'm not letting him and his reindeer out of the hall closet till Spring! :smoke:

All I really want for Christmas is my country back the way it was. If I had that, then I wouldn't need anything else on my list. Although, I wouldn't complain if I did. XD

I actually found out when I was ten which I was a bit of a late bloomer I admit, but now I'm finding out about teenagers who still believe. What do you guys think about that? I find it really strange myself.
I don't know exactly when I figured the Santa thing out, but I remember knowing by Christmas in the first grade. Even at a young age, I had a notion that the world is too big of a place for Santa to visit all the houses and deliver Christmas presents. Also, the adults in my family layed it on much to thick trying to convince kids there is such a person, so I could tell they did not sincerely believe in the jolly fat guy.

On the other hand, I learn early that "if you don't believe, you don't receive".

I don't know exactly when I figured the Santa thing out, but I remember knowing by Christmas in the first grade. Even at a young age, I had a notion that the world is too big of a place for Santa to visit all the houses and deliver Christmas presents. Also, the adults in my family layed it on much to thick trying to convince kids there is such a person, so I could tell they did not sincerely believe in the jolly fat guy.

That sounds about right. First I think I noticed that there were Santas everywhere I went and they all couldn't be Santa, then I started piecing the logistics together about his reading every kid's wishes, then the impossibility of getting it all on the sleigh and delivered to every house in one night, even if he followed the international date line!

Them were some really good pep pills Mrs. Claus was putting in Nick's egg nog! :nono:

There was the issue of how Santa got all the reindeer to land on our roof without making a sound, leaving hoof prints or keeping the sleigh from tipping and sliding off.

Then there was the chimney problem and I was pretty sure Santa wasn't getting in through the furnace duct, the lame behavior and excuses relatives would make, especially Aunts, promoting Santa and trying to vet my wishes and things while telling me stuff that didn't quite wash.

So I finally decided to settle the matter one night back in about 1964 or 65: I stayed up all night clandestinely sneaking down to the tree and camping out there one night after the rest had all gone to bed. That is when I figured it out and saw where all my gifts were really coming from---- I caught a few Antifa and BLM sneaking in with loot they had lifted from the local department store in the latest $950 and under reparations heist and repurposed, but some of the idiots forgot to remove the Walmart stickers on the packages!--- I just knew Santa wasn't shopping at Walmart.

I mean, I may have only been a child at the time, but I wasn't stupid! :shok:

Forum List

Back