when did the term *freshman* become non-pc?

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
i got an email from my daughter's college which contained the following

Talk to your student about stopping in at this event – First Years, Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors can bring a resume and are encouraged to dress professionally. UNH has even prepared a list of tips on preparing for the fair –

and then i saw an article on drudge UNC drops term

and then i thought, what the fuck, don't these people have anything better to do?
:eusa_hand:

This language tells me "RUN THE OTHER WAY..!"

We are “committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our community,” reads a statement administrators sent to Campus Reform on Monday.

The University of North Carolina (pictured above) dropped the term “freshman” in an effort to adopt more “gender neutral language.”
“Consistent with that commitment, gender inclusive terms (chair; first year student; upper-level student, etc.) should be used on University Documents, websites and policies,” it continues.

It starts with the youth... Some day we will learn.

I just hope it is not too late.

Last edited:
i got an email from my daughter's college which contained the following

Talk to your student about stopping in at this event – First Years, Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors can bring a resume and are encouraged to dress professionally. UNH has even prepared a list of tips on preparing for the fair –

and then i saw an article on drudge UNC drops term

and then i thought, what the fuck, don't these people have anything better to do?
:eusa_hand:

Are you fucking joking??!!!???

this PC crap is just going to far now.

I guess now we're all Hubeings... :lol:

what about mailmen?

should we call them personpersons?

Ah I believe the correct ah term these days Norm, is ah mail delivery person.

220px-Cliff_Clavin_in_Cheers.jpg

Law students call themselves first-years (or 1L), second-years (2L), third-years (3L)...so its not completely unprecedented in this country...but I agree, PC nonsense run amok.

the term "freshman" should be limited to the flame zone just like XXXXX

• Thanks
Reactions: del

New Topics

Forum List

Back