When arguing against SNAP for single mothers, why do repubs ignore the children themselves?

Either that or we are tired of Daddy having 17 kids to 17 different women, that he never intends to support while using welfare money for liquor and titty bars. Kids having babies that they have no intention of ever working to support. Tired of watching the parents sell snap for crack, while their kids eat a bag of noodles because it is the only thing in the house except for the kids.

Want assistance? Take a drug test and then show up for community service.

Shouldn't the parents care as much about their own children as the rest of us are forced to?
Lol it's amazing to me the way you people just buy into cliches and stereotypes so easily. You people jus believe what you want to believe. Um who cares what this very atypical guy did with 17 women. This is about the kids obviously.

You need to educate yourself on basic facts. The actual occurrence of drug use by SNAP recipients is extremely low. Statistics prove that. Stop believing shit just because it sounds like it makes sense. I'm sure it makes demonizing these people easier but you sounds like jackass.

of all the social welfare programs------I consider SNAP to be
the most justifiable------we should all be happy that our country
provides food for ALL
Define "food"...
Because what's permitted under SNAP and other food( notice the term "nutrition" is absent) stipends, the crap the recipients are allowed to buy is a disgrace.

They say "well she shouldn't have had kids in the first place therefore she shouldn't get any ."

Of course as always republicans reason the way mentally retarded people do so you must remind them the kids themselves benefit from this welfare. It also doesn't help that low wage jobs largely outnumber higher wage jobs so this is a difficult situation for this family as you could imagine.

So repubs, shouldn't those kids born to a broke caregiver deserve food stamps assistance? After all, 83% of food stamp funding goes to households with at least one dependent living there.
I will turn this back on you....Why are YOU not writing checks?....Where is YOUR compassion?
Um well even if I did write checks, it really wouldn't fix the broad problem now would it?

provides food for ALL
Define "food"...
Because what's permitted under SNAP and other food( notice the term "nutrition" is absent) stipends, the crap the recipients are allowed to buy is a disgrace.
Oh let me guess the famous "lobsters argument" right? They can buy lobsters? That's what you don't like? Christ dude, try to think realistically will you? The average person on SNAP gets about $133 per month and makes no more than $744 per MONTH. If they did buy lobsters, they would only be screwing themselves by going hungry.

Either that or we are tired of Daddy having 17 kids to 17 different women, that he never intends to support while using welfare money for liquor and titty bars. Kids having babies that they have no intention of ever working to support. Tired of watching the parents sell snap for crack, while their kids eat a bag of noodles because it is the only thing in the house except for the kids.

Shouldn't the parents care as much about their own children as the rest of us are forced to?
Lol it's amazing to me the way you people just buy into cliches and stereotypes so easily. You people jus believe what you want to believe. Um who cares what this very atypical guy did with 17 women. This is about the kids obviously.

You need to educate yourself on basic facts. The actual occurrence of drug use by SNAP recipients is extremely low. Statistics prove that. Stop believing shit just because it sounds like it makes sense. I'm sure it makes demonizing these people easier but you sounds like jackass.
"The actual occurrence of drug use by SNAP recipients is extremely low"..And you know this how...?
Look, those that use the drug angle are barking at the moon...
My objection is not the programs themselves. My objection is they are not only over run with waste fraud and abuse, that also the emphasis of the programs should be on ensuring children are being fed nutritious meals. Instead, SNAP ,etc can be used to buy junk food. That's wrong

They say "well she shouldn't have had kids in the first place therefore she shouldn't get any ."

Of course as always republicans reason the way mentally retarded people do so you must remind them the kids themselves benefit from this welfare. It also doesn't help that low wage jobs largely outnumber higher wage jobs so this is a difficult situation for this family as you could imagine.

So repubs, shouldn't those kids born to a broke caregiver deserve food stamps assistance? After all, 83% of food stamp funding goes to households with at least one dependent living there.
"They" who, sOn?
This shit with you is getting old.

Any links or quotes where someone said this shit?

What someone needs to explain to Billy000 is that if the woman's choice to have kids is hers, then the responsibility of feeding them is also hers and the person that she spread her legs for that helped create them.
You're such an idiot dude. Why am I not surprised you missed the point? Obviously it should be her responsibility but if she CANT, should the children starve to death?

"The children" long ago replaced patriotism as the last refuge of scoundrels.
Um okay.

Anybody else have something to add?
Republicans only care about the "unborn". They are like some awful science fiction movie. Once they are "born", the GOP quickly loses interest. Why? I don't know. It's obviously true, but as to the reason, you would have to ask one of them.

"The actual occurrence of drug use by SNAP recipients is extremely low"..And you know this how...?
My objection is not the programs themselves. My objection is they are not only over run with waste fraud and abuse, that also the emphasis of the programs should be on ensuring children are being fed nutritious meals. Instead, SNAP ,etc can be used to buy junk food. That's wrong
Lol try educating yourself on factual information will you? Food stamps fraud is actually very statistically low. Drug use is also very uncommon. Here are the myths. I suggest reading:

Six Myths About Food Stamps BillMoyers.com

I will turn this back on you....Why are YOU not writing checks?....Where is YOUR compassion?
Um well even if I did write checks, it really wouldn't fix the broad problem now would it?
What problem?

What problem?
That 15% of our population lives in poverty. That the vast majority of those on food stamps would starve without it.

Um okay.

Anybody else have something to add?
Republicans only care about the "unborn". They are like some awful science fiction movie. Once they are "born", the GOP quickly loses interest. Why? I don't know. It's obviously true, but as to the reason, you would have to ask one of them.

They don't believe in using the government to help people. Hell, they don't believe in using government to invest our tax dollars into our own fucking country. You're expecting too much!

provides food for ALL
Define "food"...
Oh let me guess the famous "lobsters argument" right? They can buy lobsters? That's what you don't like? Christ dude, try to think realistically will you? The average person on SNAP gets about $133 per month and makes no more than $744 per MONTH. If they did buy lobsters, they would only be screwing themselves by going hungry.
Who said anything about lobster?
Look, you're playing stupid to further a political point....
You know darned well what is basic nutritious foods which are far less expensive than convenience and junk food.
But to your side it is not politically correct to demand these people's food choices are limited to foods that can be easily made into nutritious meals.

What problem?
That 15% of our population lives in poverty. That the vast majority of those on food stamps would starve without it.
Who told you that? Did that come from some blog or government website turned out by those with a vested interest in seeing these programs grow without limits?

provides food for ALL
Define "food"...
You know darned well what is basic nutritious foods which are far less expensive than convenience and junk food.
But to your side it is not politically correct to demand these people's food choices are limited to foods that can be easily made into nutritious meals.
Are you fucking kidding me? Nutritious food is much cheaper? What planet do you live on? Nothing about that is true.

provides food for ALL
Define "food"...

Personal choice. If someone wants to eat crap and feed their family that. What's the difference? They're screwing themselves. We as a nation tried to help them and they made a bad choice.

What problem?
Who told you that? Did that come from some blog or government website turned out by those with a vested interest in seeing these programs grow without limits?
Here are the actual facts. The average household (not simply one person) on food stamps has a gross income of $744 per MONTH. The average household gets about $133 a month in assistance.

Lol try educating yourself on factual information will you? Food stamps fraud is actually very statistically low. Drug use is also very uncommon. Here are the myths. I suggest reading:

Bill Moyers? Yes, fair and balanced, he is.
The fraud is in the lack of enforcement of the rules which qualifies those to be recipients. The waste is in the excessive numbers of employees and bureaucrats who get paid by us taxpayers to keep and grow the things.

Most food stamps go to children and the elderly.

Then there are vets and the handicapped.

As human beings, why wouldn't we want to help those people?

Bill Moyers? Yes, fair and balanced, he is.
The fraud is in the lack of enforcement of the rules which qualifies those to be recipients. The waste is in the excessive numbers of employees and bureaucrats who get paid by us taxpayers to keep and grow the things.
Bill moyers used government data as their sources.

Find me a quote from a remotely mainstream, elected Republican saying we should cut off SNAP to single mothers. As far as I can determine, the only thing Republicans have tried to do with such programs, at least for the last two decades, is merely to slow their growth.

This OP is just the kind of demagoguery and mud-slinging that makes civil, intelligent debate almost impossible.

WHY aren't libs screaming about the the $700 billion that Obama cut from Medicare to help pay for Obamacare? Can you imagine if a Republican president had proposed a health care plan that involved taking that much money from Medicare? And, no, this is not a "myth." At least the Washington Post has admitted that Obamacare does reduce Medicare by $700 bill, through what it calls "savings"--yeah, like huge cuts in how much Medicare reimburses hospitals and private health insurance companies. And guess who's gonna have to pay the difference?
Unfortunately, we are again finding ourselves debating with a troll who used liberal talking points and straw man arguments to start a thread.

Forum List

Back