When Are You Born?

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
I was making a post in another thread regarding the abortion theme and this question suddenly popped into my head. When are you born? What is a birth? Of course we have normal births where the baby is "born" and it can be varying degrees, usually slightly before or after 9 months of pregnancy.

But, of course, there are other cases where a baby is either born very early or with a c-section, sometimes at a very early stage. I posted a link that experts say that a baby cannot survive on it's own before about 22 weeks. So, if a fetus is removed from a women in some manner at about 22 weeks or later, as far as I know, that is considered the birth date, or when it is born.

The left often claim that a fetus does not have a Constitutional right to life until it is born. Therefore, any time a fetus is removed from a woman around 22 weeks or later, isn't that a birth, or when it was born and, therefore, this fetus then does have constitutional right to life at that instant? In other words, aborting a fetus after 22 weeks would actually be murder because if the fetus is removed from the woman at that point, it instantly has been born, has a birth date, and has a Constitutional right to life. That's what the left say, is that as soon as you are "born" you have right to life.

Am I wrong? Will the left actually agree that anytime a baby is "aborted" at 22 weeks and beyond it instantly has a right to life once it is outside of the woman's body?

Last edited:
On the subject of a baby can't survive before 22 weeks that doesn't make it less of a baby. Hell a baby can't survive for the first decade of it's life without someone to take care of it and help it survive. A 2 year old still requires outside intervention for it to be able to live.

From the moment the sperm enters the egg and it drops down and begins to gestate it's a person because if you just leave it alone (aside from unforseen circumstances) it will continue to grow for the next 18 to 20 years before it reaches adulthood. Being a blob inside the woman, having a heartbeat, coming out of the woman, eating it's first solid food, first day of 2nd grade school and so on it's all one long process of growing.

I'm not talking about abortion being right or wrong, all I'm saying even as a blob it's still a baby and having an abortion is ending that babies life because that's what an abortion is, ending a babies life to get it out of you. You can't have an abortion without a baby being in there. No one seems to acknowledge that fact for the most part.

If we held people responsible for their actions, taught people to think and be safe, and stop acting like women have no choice but to just raw dog it all the time and are unable to say no to unsafe sex and the whole abortion issue would go away.

Responsible people don't need abortions. I'm 47 and never had a kid because I don't want one. I had safe sex and used protection, or I just wouldn't have sex if I didn't have protection.

According to my mother ... I was born after 139 consecutive hours of HARD LABOR ...

All my life, all I ever heard was "If abortion had been legal in 1961, I wouldn't be having these problems" ... good thing all 14 of my house cats say she's wrong ...

Forum List

Back