When a country abandons God. God then abandons the country.

It can never be said that a country "abandons God," since a belief in a Supreme Being is held by individuals and the only thing that can be said is that lots of people in a given country, even a majority, believe in a Supreme Being. In the U.S. The plethora of religious groups and houses of worship shows that a goodly amount of Americans believe in a Supreme Being, although they act on this belief in different ways and have different supplemental beliefs.
Like when they claim that God is not in schools..How do you stop an omnipresent being from not being somewhere when they want to?

They also insist that students "can't pray" in schools, which totally misrepresents the law. Students may pray as long as school personnel are not involved and they are not interfering with normal academic activities, i.e. no loud praying in the middle of an algebra test.

I am old enough to have been in school before the school-prayer decision. The teachers led us in the Lord's Prayer every morning, using the Protestant version, which caused confusion in church on Sunday. I had Jewish kids in my classes, including a good friend, and it was only when I became an adult that I realized that this prayer does not exist in Judaism. These kids must have been terribly confused, and it must have made it difficult for their parents to raise them in their faith.

As long as there are tests there will be prayer in schools.

It can never be said that a country "abandons God," since a belief in a Supreme Being is held by individuals and the only thing that can be said is that lots of people in a given country, even a majority, believe in a Supreme Being. In the U.S. The plethora of religious groups and houses of worship shows that a goodly amount of Americans believe in a Supreme Being, although they act on this belief in different ways and have different supplemental beliefs.
Like when they claim that God is not in schools..How do you stop an omnipresent being from not being somewhere when they want to?

They also insist that students "can't pray" in schools, which totally misrepresents the law. Students may pray as long as school personnel are not involved and they are not interfering with normal academic activities, i.e. no loud praying in the middle of an algebra test.

I am old enough to have been in school before the school-prayer decision. The teachers led us in the Lord's Prayer every morning, using the Protestant version, which caused confusion in church on Sunday. I had Jewish kids in my classes, including a good friend, and it was only when I became an adult that I realized that this prayer does not exist in Judaism. These kids must have been terribly confused, and it must have made it difficult for their parents to raise them in their faith.
Yeah, they used to make us pray we did the Baptist version..They prayed at sports events, school pep rallies and after sporting events. They even prayed for a lunch that was worth eating.

Does the Baptist version end with the "for thine is the kingdom" phrase? When I was a kid, we would yap along at Catholic mass when everybody else had finished. We didn't pray at sports events. I never understood that. But the school-prayer decision came down when I was in probably third or fourth grade. Hope the lunch you got was worth it.

Last edited:

Tell that to Sodom or Gomorrah....

So the faithful within the country will suffer because others did not keep the faith? lol Ok.

So the faithful within the country will suffer because others did not keep the faith? lol Ok.

The faithful will be removed before the shit hits the fan. Those individuals that become faithful after that, not only suffer, they lose their heads because of their faith:

I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony they had upheld

Were those faithful to God spared in Hiroshima?

Hello everyone I'm new here and I'm interested in civilized discourse about our great nation

The Black Horse Regiment has arrived!

welcome-group.gif

And yet given world history Christian have proven to be the most sadist tormenters to date..ask any witch..so peddle your bullshit elsewhere
That's because the gospel is the Truth. You non believer will die a HORRIBLE DEATH I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU.I WILL PRAY FOR YOU. YOU LOST SOUL.

The holly spirit transcends everything so the country too believes in Christ not only the individuals.

Simple. By teaching the kids that God is the devil and that the devil is God. Done often enough.

Hello everyone I'm new here and I'm interested in civilized discourse about our great nation
I do believe you are wrong about the great country/nation. As for belief in me it makes no difference as most of the christians are suedo christians.
Since it’s not a great country, let’s make illegal immigration an exchange program. You leave first.
You don’t understand Christianity.

And yet given world history Christian have proven to be the most sadist tormenters to date..ask any witch..so peddle your bullshit elsewhere
That's because the gospel is the Truth. You non believer will die a HORRIBLE DEATH I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU.I WILL PRAY FOR YOU. YOU LOST SOUL.
so, when was your first acquaintance with the christian bible ...

The holly spirit transcends everything so the country too believes in Christ not only the individuals.
Only an individual person can believe. Then there is the question of believes in what? There is way more than one religion. Which religion? Which spokesperson? People like graham and jeffress purport to speak for the Christian Supreme Being, but they are just human beings who know nothing, which they have shown by making shambles out of the entire Christian faith.

Simple. By teaching the kids that God is the devil and that the devil is God. Done often enough

But nobody does this. These subjects are not discussed in public schools because the parents have the right to raise their children according to the parents' faith.

As I said on another thread, I started school before the school-prayer decision. Each morning the teacher led us in the Lord's Prayer (protestant version). There were Jewish kids in my class, and the Our Father does not exist in the Jewish faith.

New Topics

Forum List

Back