When 2nd Amendment Saves Lives

the government has stolen that power,,

the 2nd doesnt need interpreted since its written in simple english even a moron can read,,
Our government doesn't steal power from anyone. Our elected representatives pass laws and the supreme court interprets them, as our constitution requires.

are you saying they never get it wrong or dont overstep their authority??

god I hope not,,
I'm saying the constitution makes it their call to make. If you don't like it, vote for people who will change the laws. How long have you opposed our constitution?

Our government doesn't steal power from anyone. Our elected representatives pass laws and the supreme court interprets them, as our constitution requires.
Which is how my state's governor issued edicts to shut down private businesses as initiatial response to Covid 18+ months ago,

... refused to allow our Legislature to meet in special session to deal with the pandemic and have public input on how to deal with the pandemic,

...and has also issued mandates forcing state and private sector employees to be vaccinated if they wish to remain employed.

All an exercise of power not granted in our State's Constitution to the Executive branch.

Insert sarcasm emoji here.

I'm saying the constitution makes it their call to make. If you don't like it, vote for people who will change the laws. How long have you opposed our constitution?
you forgot a link,,

as for mine the last for words in the 10th A make it clear its the peoples right and authority,,

the 2nd A isnt a law dumbass,,

Which is how my state's governor issued edicts to shut down private businesses as initiatial response to Covid 18+ months ago,

... refused to allow our Legislature to meet in special session to deal with the pandemic and have public input on how to deal with the pandemic,

...and has also issued mandates forcing state and private sector employees to be vaccinated if they wish to remain employed.

All an exercise of power not granted in our State's Constitution to the Executive branch.

Insert sarcasm emoji here.
This thread is about the 2ndammendment dumb ass. Quit whining about the vaccine. Grow up and get the shot, you big baby.

you forgot a link,,

as for mine the last for words in the 10th A make it clear its the peoples right and authority,,

No it isn't. The constitution allows us to make laws concerning the 2nd as well as all the other amendments, and the supreme court interprets them.

you forgot a link,,

OK here you go

OK here you go
if you took time to read it you will see in the 10th A it says the people and since the 2nd A says specifically the people the authority lies with the PEOPLE as per the 9th A,,

you just proved yourself wrong because you choose to be ignorant,, but you are free to point out something specific I might have missed,,

if you took time to read it you will see in the 10th A it says the people and since the 2nd A says specifically the people the authority lies with the PEOPLE as per the 9th A,,

you just proved yourself wrong because you choose to be ignorant,, but you are free to point out something specific I might have missed,,
Got it. You don't think the supreme court interprets our laws.

the government has stolen that power,,

the 2nd doesnt need interpreted since its written in simple english even a moron can read,,

Wow the government stole that power.

Then please interpret what well regulated militia means and keep in mind that when they wrote the constitution there was no well formed US military. IF you had a gun you were more than welcome to fight. So a well armed militia was necessary if the country was to defend itself and wage a war. Thus it is a specific reference and not a general one

Returning to the thread topic here ...
... seems much of the discord on the subject results from a lack of historical knowledge and perspective on some issues. One would be the nature of language usage from about 230+ years ago. A second comes from lack of knowledge regards military tactics and methods from 230+ years ago.

A couple quick notes on language and terms will help.
1) "Arms" need not be limited to firearms. Spears, pikes, lances, halberds, swords, bow-n-arrow, crossbows, slings, etc. would also be included here. Hence the sharpened sabre hanging on my wall is covered. Since some colonial militias also had cannons, those also are covered.

2) Muskets were the principle type of firearm of that era and there was a prescribed method, or drill, on how a body(formation) of musket armed men would operate in a combat/battle situation.

We'll use the example of a small town militia of say @ 30 men. They would march toward the battlefield in three columns of 10 men each and once where they were to deploy, they would move to left or right and form as three lines of ten across. Usually they would be about an arm's length apart, and each line a step or two behind the frontline.

To engage, their leader would order;
"Present Arms"
"Aim"
"Fire!"
Once the first/front line has fired, they would then move "through the ranks" - the space between individuals in the lines behind them, to form a new line in the rear where they would reload their muskets.

The second line would then fire when ordered and do a similar move to the rear to reload.

And then the third line would fire when ordered and also move to the rear to reload.

This way the formation is always presenting a portion of their strength ready to fire and engage, covering those whom are reloading.

If well trained in the Drill (well regulated), they might also be capable of succeeding lines taking a step or two forward before firing in order to remain on that piece of ground rather than gradually moving rearward.

The well trained ~ know their drills ~ "well-regulated" militia unit would also likely have one or more leaders - officers and sergeants.

Bottom line here means the community's militia unit is trained in drill and proper maneuver as used on the battlefields of the 17-18-19th centuries versus just being an unorganized armed mob.

3) Since England kept few troops/army in the colonies until the decades prior to 1775, it had been the responsibility of the colonies to provide for their own defense, often against hostile natives, hence having a militia had been the custom for generations.
The colonists had been forming militias since the very beginnings of Colonial settlement for the purpose of defense against Indian attacks. These forces also saw action in the French and Indian War between 1754 and 1763 when they fought alongside British regulars. Under the laws of each New England colony, all towns were obligated to form militia companies composed of all males 16 years of age and older (there were exemptions for some categories) and to ensure that the members were properly armed. The Massachusetts militias were formally under the jurisdiction of the provincial government, but militia companies throughout New England elected their own officers.[13] Gage effectively dissolved the provincial government under the terms of the Massachusetts Government Act, and these existing connections were employed by the colonists under the Massachusetts Provincial Congress for the purpose of resistance to the military threat from Britain.

Wow the government stole that power.

Then please interpret what well regulated militia means and keep in mind that when they wrote the constitution there was no well formed US military. IF you had a gun you were more than welcome to fight. So a well armed militia was necessary if the country was to defend itself and wage a war. Thus it is a specific reference and not a general one
well regulated at the time meant well supplied and since a militia is a civilian army it means THE PEOPLE can/SHOULD have military grade arms,,,

any other stupid questions you would like answered??

Get a retro-active abortion you fucking vacuous piece of shit. The 2nd Amendment had NOTHING to do with any deaths. It's a right for people to take advantage of so that they're not victimized by pathetic diseases like you.

Yes and with your sane post , then I can rest easy that a gun owner as yourself has some self control.

your posting on a thread entitled the 2nd amendment saves lives. please wake up.

Forum List

Back