When 2nd Amendment Saves Lives

The NRA certainly supports individual sales where they can buy all the guns they want without even giving their name, and certainly not a background check.

Tough shit, babe. I bought 12 guns this year at garage sales. Not a single on e of them asked my name or asked me to fill out a piece of paper.

Good lucking changing that. :21:

i have the prog slave on ignore, because he always did lie. I just cant keep my honor listening to all the lies the left says.

I had him/her/it on ignore, but I just had to unignore him/her/it so I could respond.

I also used all-inclusive pronouns so I wouldn't offend him/her/it.. :laughing0301:

Well since the other guy had a gun also then it can also be said the 2nd amendment also cost a couple of lives and even the shooter's life
Get a retro-active abortion you fucking vacuous piece of shit. The 2nd Amendment had NOTHING to do with any deaths. It's a right for people to take advantage of so that they're not victimized by pathetic diseases like you.

The NRA spent 1.6 million to prevent background checks being required for individual sales.

Yes, because the wording was fucked up. It required FAMILY members to get a background check if a father gave a gun to a son. That is simply bullshit.

Very few people I know would have a problem with a background check that worked this way, you make a call to a government entity, the call is free, you give the entity the information of the person buying the gun, the entity says whether it is OK for that person to have a gun. No registration of the type of firearm.

You do that, and the law would pass. Make it even better, if a private person does that, they are PROTECTED from any civil litigation if the buyer uses the gun to commit a crime.

Then you would have almost everyone willingly doing it.

NO REGISTRATION is the key.

Yes, because the wording was fucked up. It required FAMILY members to get a background check if a father gave a gun to a son. That is simply bullshit.

Very few people I know would have a problem with a background check that worked this way, you make a call to a government entity, the call is free, you give the entity the information of the person buying the gun, the entity says whether it is OK for that person to have a gun. No registration of the type of firearm.

You do that, and the law would pass. Make it even better, if a private person does that, they are PROTECTED from any civil litigation if the buyer uses the gun to commit a crime.

Bed wetting leftists are not reasonable adults.

You know that though.

That is great!

For every 30 criminal homicides and 60 suicides, there is one justifiable homicide. Sometimes fentanyl can save lives.

Never forget:

usgun-deaths-1999-2016.jpg

That is great!

For every 30 criminal homicides and 60 suicides, there is one justifiable homicide. Sometimes fentanyl can save lives.

Which is a bullshit number because you intentionally don't count the defensive use of a gun unless the victim shoots their assailant. The vast majority of the time just showing you have the gun, PREVENTS the crime.

And that is what pisses off the Progressives elites. With our ability to shoot back, the Dems have to burn cities to the ground just to let off steam...

I believe that the fact that guns in the suburbs are a big thing, it kept blm and antifa, democrat party terrorists, from going into the suburbs in 2020....and that coverage of the Missouri couple kept people safe.....blm and antifa realized that the people in the suburbs had guns and can shoot back....

The NRA certainly supports individual sales where they can buy all the guns they want without even giving their name, and certainly not a background check.

Wow.....you have gone from being just lazy and dishonest to being outright stupid........

So you got nothing on any part of my statement you said was a lie.

Which is a bullshit number because you intentionally don't count the defensive use of a gun unless the victim shoots their assailant. The vast majority of the time just showing you have the gun, PREVENTS the crime.
Guns were used in self-defense only in 1.3% of violent crimes. Here.

Most people understand that it is unwise to enrage a criminal by threatening them and escalating violence.

So you got nothing on any part of my statement you said was a lie.

Yeah, you didn't bother to give the reason why the NRA refused to back that legislation. They are publicly in support of background checks that have no registration component. DUUUUR

Guns were used in self-defense only in 1.3% of violent crimes. Here.

Most people understand that it is unwise to enrage a criminal by threatening them and escalating violence.

Fuck criminals. If they attack me or mine, they die. Assholes, like you, protect criminals so they harm hundreds of people before they are caught. And, once again, your stats are bullshit. Proven false long, long ago.

Never forget:

usgun-deaths-1999-2016.jpg

Never forget the actual truth.....

600 million guns in private hands......over 21.25 million Americans can carry guns legally in public for self defense.........

American use those legal guns 1.2 million times a year to stop rapes, stabbings, beatings, robberies, and murders, as well as also stopping mass public shootings when they are allowed to have their legal guns with them...

Gun deaths...the truth....

Gun murder...10,235

Gun accidents...486

Of the gun murder deaths....over 70-80% of the victims are not regular Americans....they are criminals...murdered by other criminals in primarily democrat party controlled cities....where the democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicians have released them over and over again no matter how many times they are arrested for felony, illegal gun possession and violent crimes with guns...that's on you and your political party...not normal gun owners.

Gun suicides... 23,491...

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop brutal rapes, robberies, beatings, knifings, murders......according to the Centers for Disease Control, and 1.5 million times according to the Department of Justice.

Lives saved....based on research? By law abiding gun owners using guns to stop criminals?

Case Closed: Kleck Is Still Correct

that makes for at least 176,000 lives saved—

Money saved from people not being beaten, raped, murdered, robbed?.......

So figuring that the average DGU saves one half of a person’s life—as “gun violence” predominantly affects younger demographics—that gives us $3.465 million per half life.

Putting this all together, we find that the monetary benefit of guns (by way of DGUs) is roughly $1.02 trillion per year. That’s trillion. With a ‘T’.

I was going to go on and calculate the costs of incarceration ($50K/year) saved by people killing 1527 criminals annually, and then look at the lifetime cost to society of an average criminal (something in excess of $1 million). But all of that would be a drop in the bucket compared to the $1,000,000,000,000 ($1T) annual benefit of gun ownership.

When compared to the (inflation adjusted from 2002) $127.5 billion ‘cost’ of gun violence calculated by by our Ludwig-Cook buddies, guns save a little more than eight times what they “cost.”

Which, I might add, is completely irrelevant since “the freedom to own and carry the weapon of your choice is a natural, fundamental, and inalienable human, individual, civil, and Constitutional right — subject neither to the democratic process nor to arguments grounded in social utility.”

So even taking Motherboard’s own total and multiplying it by 100, the benefits to society of civilian gun ownership dwarf the associated costs.

Annual Defensive Gun Use Savings Dwarf Study's "Gun Violence" Costs - The Truth About Guns

Forum List

Back