What's Wrong With The IRS Scrutinizing Non-Profits Anyway?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
Audit indicates liberal nonprofits also got extra IRS scrutiny

I've heard for years and years during the Obama administration how the IRS was oppressing and trampling over the rights of good Christian conservative non profit organizations by placing them under scrutiny to make sure they qualified for tax-exempt status. The IRS did terrible things like profiled groups, flagged them just for their appearance basically -- if they had such names as "Tea-Party", "Freedom", “Green Energy,” "Conservative" "ACORN", "Progressives" -- those groups were placed under extra scrutiny and those organizations had to hop thru extra hoops -- it was an outrage. Many congressional investigations were held, as one congressman said "The IRS targeted Americans based on their political beliefs. Both parties — the IRS not only had no protections for taxpayers, they actively targeted Americans based on buzzwords,” -- Can you imagine a government targeting citizens for their political beliefs or what they assumed their political beliefs to be??

Luckily, the majority of those non-profits got their tax-exempt status, some had to wait longer than others to get it granted, but they got it...My question is, what is wrong with making sure these organizations are on the up and up when it comes to gaining tax-exempt status? Shouldn't we want to know who these people are and what they are up to?? If you say no -- then tell me why you folks don't get upset at the hoops and obstacles republicans try to make people go thru based on what they believe those voters political beliefs are???

And unlike in the case of the IRS non-scandal -- these voters don't always get their rights granted to them -- many times, they don't get to exercise their right to vote at all -- not without having to file lawsuits, etc etc etc --- why no outrage in that situation??

I've heard for years and years during the Obama administration how the IRS was oppressing and trampling over the rights of good Christian conservative non profit organizations by placing them under scrutiny to make sure they qualified for tax-exempt status. The IRS did terrible things like profiled groups, flagged them just for their appearance basically -- if they had such names as "Tea-Party", "Freedom", “Green Energy,” "Conservative" "ACORN", "Progressives" -- those groups were placed under extra scrutiny and those organizations had to hop thru extra hoops -- it was an outrage. Many congressional investigations were held, as one congressman said "The IRS targeted Americans based on their political beliefs. Both parties — the IRS not only had no protections for taxpayers, they actively targeted Americans based on buzzwords,” -- Can you imagine a government targeting citizens for their political beliefs or what they assumed their political beliefs to be??

Luckily, the majority of those non-profits got their tax-exempt status, some had to wait longer than others to get it granted, but they got it...My question is, what is wrong with making sure these organizations are on the up and up when it comes to gaining tax-exempt status? Shouldn't we want to know who these people are and what they are up to?? If you say no -- then tell me why you folks don't get upset at the hoops and obstacles republicans try to make people go thru based on what they believe those voters political beliefs are???

And unlike in the case of the IRS non-scandal -- these voters don't always get their rights granted to them -- many times, they don't get to exercise their right to vote at all -- not without having to file lawsuits, etc etc etc --- why no outrage in that situation??
Can you say politics? I knew you could..........

So basically, its fine for the government to try to put up roadblocks to stop minorities from voting -- but an outrage if that government does anything to inconvenience you personally? especially if that you is white and conservative? No, that is not politics....

So basically, its fine for the government to try to put up roadblocks to stop minorities from voting -- but an outrage if that government does anything to inconvenience you personally? especially if that you is white and conservative? No, that is not politics....
You got that from my post? Really? Thanks for playing politics..... :rofl:

Last edited:
The IRS was SELECTIVELY auditing non-profits whose mission was perceived to be in opposition to the political desires of the Administration. This is what happens in countries like Cuba, North Korea, and the old Soviet Union.

Non-profits are generally operating on a shoestring budget, and the costs of responding to IRS demands are often sufficient by themselves to hinder the operations of the non-profit.

Which is what was intended.

It's disgraceful.

But as a general proposition, non-profits should be monitored to be operating within the law - just like everyone else.

With automation today , electronic tax filings, we dont need liberal scum operating in the guise of federal agents. Then do this shit and expect US not to notice.

Forum List

Back