What's Wrong With KoolAid?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I'm mostly asking this question to OhPleaseJustQuit, but to anybody who knows as I see it being bashed quite a bit on here. Or is drinking KoolAid just a reference to the fact that kids mostly drink it?

I'm mostly asking this question to OhPleaseJustQuit, but to anybody who knows as I see it being bashed quite a bit on here. Or is drinking KoolAid just a reference to the fact that kids mostly drink it?
No, it was that Jim Jones in Guyana who put cyanide in something like Kool-Aide and got his cult followers all to drink it and die. Not too many had heard of the off-brand he used so they called it Kool-Aide and I guess it's a metonym for doing what you are told by a cult leader.

"Drinking the KoolAid" is a reference attributed to liberals, before they tried to hijack it. The "reverend" Jim Jones and his flock were leftists. He would loan out or rent his flock to be used for left-wing functions such as protests, rallies, and canvassing the neighborhood for liberal political candidates.

When he moved his "church" to Jonestown, Guyana, they all drank the KoolAid and died. This happened back in the 70's.

Ah okay, makes sense now, but yeah I was like I guess everybody here just hates KoolAid or they really changed it up or something LMAO

I like KoolAid. Don't care for cyanide that much though.

"...the Jonestown massacre itself is only dimly known to contemporary Americans, and the details of the event are often ignored by news and academia. It is, after all, an inconvenient story, in which a Communist community, led by a committed Marxist and ’60s Bay Area radical, came to a horrifying end.

Following the mass suicide, the mainstream media spun the story into one of religious fanaticism rather than leftist fanaticism...."

The Unburied Truth About Jim Jones | National Review

Well, you know ... ;)

hill-2.png

830b18e760e783086482d9b2d6940d11.jpeg

Oh, no my dear. It is a reference to idiot cultists who will do anything their cult leader demands, up to and including suicide. It's a reference to Jim Jones' People's Temple in Guyana, South America, where the cult leader convinced most of his 900+ congregation to drink grape flavored KoolAid laced with cyanide in a massive suicide in 1978.

Here's a bit of a read about it. If you look up "Jonestown Massacre", be prepared for heart-rending pictures of the hundreds of bodies of believers who "drank the KoolAid".

We use the phrase "drinking the KoolAid" to describe the indoctrinated leftists who will go over the cliff like lemmings rather than question their cult masters.

Don't listen to to the political hacks on both sides on this board. "Drinking the Kool-Aid" is widely used by both sides to describe the other. The sad part is neither side is wrong. They just don't realize how much they have in common.

When the darling of the democrat party (photographed with the governor of Ca. and Roz. Carter), Rev. Jim Jones created an integrated paradise In Guiana, the media reported that it was working beyond expectations. What they didn't know or didn't care to share with the public was that Jones was training his flock for mass suicide early on. He would call them together and ask them to have faith and take a cup of cool aid that was laced with cyanide. It was only practice but one day they were forced to do it for real. Since then the term "drinking the cool-aid" means accepting a lie.

Forum List

Back