What's with the involuntary downloads?

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Sometimes when mousing over USMB content I get something called sync.dms popping to top right of screen on my iMac. I have to stop the download and then delete from downloads. Highly annoying.

Thanks

Sometimes when mousing over USMB content I get something called sync.dms popping to top right of screen on my iMac. I have to stop the download and then delete from downloads. Highly annoying.

Thanks
I looked it up it appears to be an Apple Safari issue. The .DMS appears to be a bug associated with Safari and Apple Mail, some claim it's associated with specific "unsecured sites" any more than that I really don't know, you might want to contact Apple Support.

Thanks
I looked it up it appears to be an Apple Safari issue. The .DMS appears to be a bug associated with Safari and Apple Mail, some claim it's associated with specific "unsecured sites" any more than that I really don't know, you might want to contact Apple Support.

Yeah, USMB is not an https (TLS) secure site. It should be. Interesting possibility though and your response is appreciated. Never has happened on any of the other boards I frequent.

It happens maybe once every 6 hours or so - Nothing chronic or anything. Thanks.

Thanks

Yeah, USMB is not an https (TLS) secure site. It should be. Interesting possibility though and your response is appreciated. Never has happened on any of the other boards I frequent.

It happens maybe once every 6 hours or so - Nothing chronic or anything. Thanks.
Actually there's nothing anyone can compromise on the site unless they hack into the registration database so it doesn't really need to be secure. Don't know if it's something from the site or if Safari is trying to download an extension because it's an unsecured site. That's why I recommended checking with Apple Support.
I'm running Linux Mint 19.3 and using the Brave Browser or Firefox with the DuckDuckGo search engine when I come here, no problems with the site on my end. Been using Brave more often, deemed the most private browser available.

Thanks
Oh, good. It worked.

Forum List

Back