What's with Palin being included in most Republican Primary polls?

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
She's not even a candidate, and she's the only one included that isn't.

She's averaging 11% that could be going to the other candidates actually running. Why waste 11% of poll response? It's counter productive to an otherwise important function of politics and makes zero sense.

Probably she is going to use her leverage and throw that support behind one of the other candidates... :dunno:

Probably she is going to use her leverage and throw that support behind one of the other candidates... :dunno:

Yeah but that shouldn't have anything to do with conducting polls. Polls aren't to be used for gathering leverage to utilize elsewhere, they're for the candidates in the race to use for their campaigns against each other. Until she enters the race, she has no campaign and no reason to be getting any 'leverage'.

You know damn well there will be sheep out of that 11% who mindlessly transfer their support to whoever she potentially endorses, when they could otherwise be choosing someone else independently instead.

Yeah but that shouldn't have anything to do with conducting polls. Polls aren't to be used for gathering leverage to utilize elsewhere, they're for the candidates in the race to use for their campaigns against each other. Until she enters the race, she has no campaign and no reason to be getting any 'leverage'.

Until she absolutely says she isn't a candidate, or the filing deadlines have expired, she's still a viable candidate.

Incidently, not all polls include her and when they don't, Perry does better.

So the person who would benefit the most from a Palin Entry would be Romney, and it's no secret that Palin and Romney don't like each other.

Until she absolutely says she isn't a candidate, or the filing deadlines have expired, she's still a viable candidate.

So the person who would benefit the most from a Palin Entry would be Romney, and it's no secret that Palin and Romney don't like each other.
What makes her a viable candidate? Because the media says so?

Anyone who meets the legal requirements for POTUS is a viable candidate. It's ridiculous to list official poll choices based on who hasn't said they aren't a candidate. With that logic, we might as well include Christie, Ryan, and fuck, ANYONE.

Anyone who meets the legal requirements for POTUS is a viable candidate. It's ridiculous to list official poll choices based on who hasn't said they aren't a candidate. With that logic, we might as well include Christie, Ryan, and fuck, ANYONE.

I'd vote for you Paulie.

So now you're polling at .001%

I'd vote for you Paulie.

Fuck what my advisers and handlers say, I'm rocking a blowout on the campaign trail and I'm the only candidate advocating the fist pump be added in to official military movement drill.

Well, except those guys have 1) Said they are definitively not running (I mean Christie and Ryan. I still haven't checked with "Fuck Anyone".) and 2) don't have the stature of perviously having been on a Presidential Ticket.

I'd vote for you Paulie.

Fuck what my advisers and handlers say, I'm rocking a blowout on the campaign trail and I'm the only candidate advocating the fist pump be added in to official military movement drill.
fistpump1.png

Well, except those guys have 1) Said they are definitively not running (I mean Christie and Ryan. I still haven't checked with "Fuck Anyone".) and 2) don't have the stature of perviously having been on a Presidential Ticket.
I admittedly haven't checked the status of Christie and Ryan on their decision to enter or not, but that's semantics because they were just examples, and in fact they were at one time in consideration to enter and were never included in any past polls.

And again your logic is flawed. Since when does previously being on a presidential ticket have to do with poll inclusion? That logic removes everyone from the list of choices except her.

I admittedly haven't checked the status of Christie and Ryan on their decision to enter or not, but that's semantics because they were just examples, and in fact they were at one time in consideration to enter and were never included in any past polls.

And again your logic is flawed. Since when does previously being on a presidential ticket have to do with poll inclusion? That logic removes everyone from the list of choices except her.

Well, it isn't semantics because the fact they've eliminated themselves from contention means there's no point in asking. Mitch Daniels was included before he decided not to run. So was Mike Huckabee. In fact, Huckabee was leading many polls. Donald Trump was included for those few weeks he decided to pull everyone's chain.

Guiliani was included until quite recently. I'm not sure why they stopped including him, even though he hasn't declared one way or the other as far as I know.

So inclusion I think is a factor of

1) Have you declared definitively if you are not running.
2) Do you have major name recognition due to being on a previous ticket, ran previously, or have the resources to run an effective campaign. So, yeah, Palin is a bigger threat than Gary Johnson or that McCotter guy, who are "declared" candidates no one pays attention to.

New Topics

Forum List

Back