What's the story behind your nickname?

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
I chose this name because my favorite avatar at the time I registered was a pic of Amelia Earhart.

Someone else is posting with my real first name. It confuses me sometimes when I'm scrolling down looking for posts I made.

At least she's also a conservative or I might have a breakdown when I read "my" posts. :lol:

The company I used to work for transferred me from Chicago to the St Louis area. Before I moved, my regional manager told me that one of the foremen here was called the "Rat in the Hat" by his crew because he was always turning them in for errors. And he always wore a baseball cap on the job.

That foreman turned out to be one of my most trusted employees, and only turned guys in when they went way beyond accepted company practice.

I took his nickname first in honor of him, and second to poke a thumb in my RM's eye. I had a framed copy of my original avatar in my office until they laid me off last year.

I chose this name because my favorite avatar at the time I registered was a pic of Amelia Earhart.

Someone else is posting with my real first name. It confuses me sometimes when I'm scrolling down looking for posts I made.

At least she's also a conservative or I might have a breakdown when I read "my" posts. :lol:

Is your name Sherry??:D

I wasn't in a very creative mood when I signed up here.

Once upon a time several people posted under this account, hence the name manifold.

But that was a while ago and it's been just me for some time now.

• Banned

Is your name Sherry??:D

I wasn't in a very creative mood when I signed up here.

It has an S, an h and an e. :)

Tried to impress a hot girl i knew in college by signing up in the same classes as her freshman year. Didn't go so well, but I got to know the hebrew alphabet and a few choice words.

Later on I took a pottery class, and we had to sign our pots. My first name is very common and my last name is very long, so I used Baruch Menachem as a substitute as it was very small (7 letters total) and distinctive. Also I like the translation, which I find kind of cool. "Blessed Comforter."

I began climbing when I was pretty young as my father was a climber. No tree was safe and I enjoyed making the ropes to climb so my father called me ropey and I've kept it ever since.

Thanks for asking :)

Well my folks decided on Hussein instead of Michael... Sean Hussein McGinnis. They said it was a techincality.

Last edited:
Tried to impress a hot girl i knew in college by signing up in the same classes as her freshman year. Didn't go so well, but I got to know the hebrew alphabet and a few choice words.

Later on I took a pottery class, and we had to sign our pots. My first name is very common and my last name is very long, so I used Baruch Menachem as a substitute as it was very small (7 letters total) and distinctive. Also I like the translation, which I find kind of cool. "Blessed Comforter."

For some reason I enjoy calling your first name.

Many times a day. :clap2:

I chose mine ( Aqua ) because I love all bodies of water and swimming and diving in them. I am a water nymph..lol. I chose Athena because I am a warrior in the water..lol. I had used mermaid Avatars in my past two sites, I was on for 5 years, but when I came here, another poster was using a mermaid avi, and I didn't want to duplicate her board identity or creativity. Not that she might have minded, but I would have. I have respect for "first come, first serve." I also try to treat others the way I wish to be treated.

Amelia, I love your reason for your selection and that last line made me....:lol: :lol: I can relate.

Sherry, I have often thought, your name to be one I would have liked, had I not had my own given name, I love. I really like the name, Sherry. The way it slides off the tongue....very sensually....

I had just read a book on the history and worldwide impact of the ancient salt trade title "Salt" and I had started reading Chester Himes' "Cotton comes to Harlem" about Gravedigger Jones and Coffin Ed.

I don't like having to find a user name that has already been taken, and one has to add fucking numbers at the end, to make it work.
I wanted something simple, and I got it....Dabs.
It is the first initial of each of my 4 children......

Derek
Andrew
Bradley
Stephanie

New Topics

Forum List

Back