What's the last movie you watched? And what's the next one?

On a relaxed weekend, I decided to watch a movie. I didn't choose it specifically, I just opened the last three saved tabs.
It turned out to be the day of St. Overton...
Film 1. "Alice", a French film about a woman who had to become a prostitute in a difficult life situation
. And immediately her life improved – great money, nice clients, loyal girlfriends, and work in general is nothing, tolerable. Literally: "Woman, stop hanging around at the factory! Prostitution is more pleasant and better paid! " only without any irony at all.
The main idea: it's better to work as a prostitute than to be married.
Movie 2. "Gunowder Milkshake", a fem version of " John Wick.
It was shot stylishly; great fights and inventive races.
I rather liked it. And the plot.. The heroine is a killer. Her mother is also a killer. And there is also a girl, she will also become a killer, but for now she is being offended by some men-bandits. But three more female killers come to the rescue. They (six female killers) win.
The main idea: it's better to work as a killer than to be a man.
Movie 3. " Breaking news in Yuba County
Another story about a middle-aged housewife (woman) who accidentally got into a criminal story and eventually beat everyone.
It's a bit like the Cohen films, only there's a lot of blood, cruelty and corpses.
It's a bit like the second, weak, season of "Ordinary Woman", only it's very naive, and also the main character is very disgusting.
The main idea: yes, it's better to be a lying, cynical, stupid creature, than any man.
In general, I didn't even think that the windows were open so wide today.
It's not even windows anymore, it's just the absence of walls.
P.S. And you do understand why there are so many american movies about super-cool women, who beat men right and left?
Just according to the new rules, you can not shoot how men beat women (if you are not a Tarantino), and at the same time you can not shoot a movie in which there are no women. Therefore, if you shoot action movies with fights, then you have only one option left – shoot how women beat men.

1627470445548.png

Last night wife and I watched welcome to the dollhouse.

Tonight it's going to be new arrow release of switchblade sisters I just got.

/——/ When the pandemic closed the theaters, I though I’d miss the movies more than I do. I can’t remember the last one I saw, and refuse to pay extra for them on cable. Mostly I watch series like Chicago PD, NCIS and others. Binge watching three episodes of them is like going to the movies. The only exception will be the next 007.

I am on Barbara Payton movie kick. Next will be Only the Valiant. Payton was a fine actress but alcohol addiction destroyed her.

Forum List

Back