What's next after this 2 trillion dollar pork bill, how about 3 trillion more?

"You people" this and "you people" that is always the response from "you people".
"You people" always inflate the numbers. Of course, I don't want certain items in the package, get it?

No, I don't. Do you support this 2 trillion bill or do you not?
I have mixed feelings. However, I believe in the covid part of it and anything that will aid the middle class, underclass, and small business. So yes.

You just need to remember, that everything that you say "will aid the middle class, under class, and small buisness"... is going to come from those people. The middle class will have to pay higher taxes. The under class will have to pay higher taxes. Small business will have to pay higher taxes.

Everyone that will benefit from this.... will also be harmed by it.

There is no free lunch. The bill has to be paid, and don't believe the mythology that "the rich will pay it"... no they won't. You will. Your kids will. Their kids will.

Not going to be the rich paying this bill. Never worked in all human history, and won't work today.
Everybody making over $400000 will get an increase and the super-wealthy will lose that huge tax reduction that Trump gave them. It will be our grandchildren
who will bear the brunt. The money for the covid is necessary no matter what.

They'll just hide their wealth like they did before.

Warren Buffet has a total salary of $100,000 a year. He's not going to pay it.
Mark Zuckerberg has a salary of $1. He's not going to pay it.
No one is.
No one.

Yeah, it will be your grand children that are going to pay half their income to fund this nonsense.

And no, it's not necessary. You are entitled to your opinion, that's fine. And we'll disagree.

But spare me this "the wealthy will lose their tax cut". The amount of money the rich paid, went up with the tax cut. It will go back down with the hike.

They are not going to pay it.

Why not? No one has cared about the debt for years so why start now?
total bullshit---yes, people have cared..I've been saying it for years

You say people care but yet the debt continues to grow no matter who is in charge.
1. you don't refute my claim at all
2. that's why the Capitol protest was legit!!! for many reasons--they WON'T stop spending
They didn't storm the capitol because of spending you moron...and you know it......

If it were spending they were mad at -- they would have stormed the Capitol earlier when Trump was exploding the debt and deficit with tax cuts for billionaires
YOU are the moron
1. what BLM/etc did was a lot worse!!!
2.yes, they stormed the Capitol for all the bullshit---and it is BULLSHIT--just like in 1776

WASHINGTON (AP) — Looking beyond the $1.9 trillion COVID relief bill, President Joe Biden and lawmakers are laying the groundwork for another top legislative priority — a long-sought boost to the nation’s roads, bridges and other infrastructure that could run into Republican resistance to a hefty price tag.

Biden and his team have begun discussions on the possible outlines of an infrastructure package with members of Congress, particularly mindful that Texas’ recent struggles with power outages and water shortages after a brutal winter storm present an opportunity for agreement on sustained spending on infrastructure.

Democrats passed a $1.5 trillion package in the House last year, but it went nowhere with the Trump administration and the Republican-led Senate. A Senate panel approved narrower bipartisan legislation in 2019 focused on reauthorizing federal transportation programs. It, too, flamed out as the U.S. turned its focus to elections and COVID-19.

Biden has talked bigger numbers, and some Democrats are now urging him to bypass Republicans in the closely divided Congress to address a broader range of priorities urged by interest groups.

During the presidential campaign, Biden pledged to deploy $2 trillion on infrastructure and clean energy, but the White House has not ruled out an even higher price tag. McCarthy said Biden’s upcoming plan will specifically aim at job creation, such as with investments to boost “workers that have been left behind” by closed coal mines or power plants, as well as communities located near polluting refineries and other hazards.

DeFazio said General Motors’ recently announced goal of going largely electric by 2035 demonstrates the need for massive spending on charging stations across the country. Biden campaigned on a plan to install 500,000 charging stations by the end of 2030.

It's been written about that the Covid bill is around 90% pork that has nothing to do with the actual virus itself. Billions of dollars for nonsense like mass transit in Piglosi's state as well as a bridge to Canada in Shoemakers state. Now it's time to spend more money catering to their construction union supporters.

With the Republicans virtually helpless to control spending, we could very well find ourselves with a 4 to 5 trillion dollar additional debt within the first few months under this administration, mostly pandering to unions, environmentalists, and a host of Democrat loyalists. 500,000 charging stations by 2030? At this rate, the US will be Venezuela by then.
Well some republican governors don't think they are getting enough 'pork'...DeSantis joins GOP governors, says $16 billion in federal relief to Florida is unfair

Well some republican governors don't think they are getting enough 'pork'...DeSantis joins GOP governors, says $16 billion in federal relief to Florida is unfair

He's correct. It is. What he stated is they are being penalized for success which as we both know, is the Democrat way. Because of the great job he did in Florida compared to commie cities that closed many things down, they are going to get less money for all their hard work.

If passed, we'll see how the distribution goes. But what do you want to bet that the Democrat cities and states get much more?

He's correct. It is. What he stated is they are being penalized for success which as we both know, is the Democrat way. Because of the great job he did in Florida compared to commie cities that closed many things down, they are going to get less money for all their hard work.

If passed, we'll see how the distribution goes. But what do you want to bet that the Democrat cities and states get much more?
Point being he isn't complaining about it being pork is he.

Secondly, because the lockdowns were uneven, the disease continued to spread. The Japanese, the Germans, the South Koreans, bit the bullet, did national lockdowns and got the disease under control. The US, not so much.

Maybe that's because our government has less control over our lives.......at least until you people get into total power across the country.

Point being he isn't complaining about it being pork is he.

No, that wasn't the subject of his comment. What he's saying is that states will get more money based on how poorly of a job they did; not on size, not on population, just how badly they did. The people and the state contribute to the federal tax system like any other state. Why should they get a pittance because their citizens weren't stupid enough to pick leaders like Cuomo or Newsome?

Maybe that's because our government has less control over our lives.......at least until you people get into total power across the country.

Yes, that would be terrible, a government that actually has the ability to get stuff done!

Only a Wingnut would define "Freedom" as the ability to die of a preventable disease.

No, that wasn't the subject of his comment. What he's saying is that states will get more money based on how poorly of a job they did; not on size, not on population, just how badly they did. The people and the state contribute to the federal tax system like any other state. Why should they get a pittance because their citizens weren't stupid enough to pick leaders like Cuomo or Newsome?

We asked the same questions when Trump held up aid to the Blue States.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Looking beyond the $1.9 trillion COVID relief bill, President Joe Biden and lawmakers are laying the groundwork for another top legislative priority — a long-sought boost to the nation’s roads, bridges and other infrastructure that could run into Republican resistance to a hefty price tag.

Biden and his team have begun discussions on the possible outlines of an infrastructure package with members of Congress, particularly mindful that Texas’ recent struggles with power outages and water shortages after a brutal winter storm present an opportunity for agreement on sustained spending on infrastructure.

Democrats passed a $1.5 trillion package in the House last year, but it went nowhere with the Trump administration and the Republican-led Senate. A Senate panel approved narrower bipartisan legislation in 2019 focused on reauthorizing federal transportation programs. It, too, flamed out as the U.S. turned its focus to elections and COVID-19.

Biden has talked bigger numbers, and some Democrats are now urging him to bypass Republicans in the closely divided Congress to address a broader range of priorities urged by interest groups.

During the presidential campaign, Biden pledged to deploy $2 trillion on infrastructure and clean energy, but the White House has not ruled out an even higher price tag. McCarthy said Biden’s upcoming plan will specifically aim at job creation, such as with investments to boost “workers that have been left behind” by closed coal mines or power plants, as well as communities located near polluting refineries and other hazards.

DeFazio said General Motors’ recently announced goal of going largely electric by 2035 demonstrates the need for massive spending on charging stations across the country. Biden campaigned on a plan to install 500,000 charging stations by the end of 2030.

It's been written about that the Covid bill is around 90% pork that has nothing to do with the actual virus itself. Billions of dollars for nonsense like mass transit in Piglosi's state as well as a bridge to Canada in Shoemakers state. Now it's time to spend more money catering to their construction union supporters.

With the Republicans virtually helpless to control spending, we could very well find ourselves with a 4 to 5 trillion dollar additional debt within the first few months under this administration, mostly pandering to unions, environmentalists, and a host of Democrat loyalists. 500,000 charging stations by 2030? At this rate, the US will be Venezuela by then.
The Rs and Ds are all about protecting Wall Street. You know this. Right?

"You people" this and "you people" that is always the response from "you people".
"You people" always inflate the numbers. Of course, I don't want certain items in the package, get it?

I have mixed feelings. However, I believe in the covid part of it and anything that will aid the middle class, underclass, and small business. So yes.

You just need to remember, that everything that you say "will aid the middle class, under class, and small buisness"... is going to come from those people. The middle class will have to pay higher taxes. The under class will have to pay higher taxes. Small business will have to pay higher taxes.

There is no free lunch. The bill has to be paid, and don't believe the mythology that "the rich will pay it"... no they won't. You will. Your kids will. Their kids will.

Not going to be the rich paying this bill. Never worked in all human history, and won't work today.
Everybody making over $400000 will get an increase and the super-wealthy will lose that huge tax reduction that Trump gave them. It will be our grandchildren

No one is.
No one.

Yeah, it will be your grand children that are going to pay half their income to fund this nonsense.

And no, it's not necessary. You are entitled to your opinion, that's fine. And we'll disagree.

But spare me this "the wealthy will lose their tax cut". The amount of money the rich paid, went up with the tax cut. It will go back down with the hike.

Their companies pay it, not them if they are set up the way you think. Their companies make the big bucks and pay the big tax. They take a small salary and have plenty in the bank. Normal stuff.

No one is.
No one.

Their companies pay it, not them if they are set up the way you think. Their companies make the big bucks and pay the big tax. They take a small salary and have plenty in the bank. Normal stuff.
So you don't want to do anything with the ordinary income tax, you want to raise the corp tax rate? Because you seem to be talking about two different things. Trump's ordinary income tax cuts for all Americans, and then having companies pay taxes....

Just fyi, the companies won't pay it either....they simply will raise the price of their products or services, so the customers will pay it.

Expect higher cost for food, milk, bread, internet, cars, clothes, houses etc.....thanks for hurting the middle class

Trump had his fat little hands in Biden's son. Believe it, with Julie flapping away)
You obviously don't know, do you? I have already listed Biden's long list of accomplishments during his Senate years. He has plenty to show for it.
Trump wasn't qualified when he ran the first time, and he is still not qualified.
He fucks up almost everything he touches in one way or another. He knows 0 about diplomacy, among other things. Trump played 300 days of golf. He worshipped Fox News (fake news), Specifically Hannity, Tuckie, and Lewie. all day long. He has no idea how to govern and takes no advice from anyone.
Ronald Regan knew what he didn't know and brought into his cabinet the sharpest, most experienced minds to tell him what he needed to hear and not what he wanted to hear.

And Biden is selecting unqualified people as well, plus the twist most of his selections are based on gender and race--not the best he could get.

Trump was the best President we've had since Reagan with many accomplishments. You refuse to recognize them based on your personal opinion of him. If Trump had anything to do with Hunter's FBI investigation, please post a reliable source for it. If Trump were President today, we'd still be paying $2.10 a gallon for gasoline rather than the $2.70 we are paying today, and zero threat of the Democrats stopping us from buying firearms and ammo in the future.

I don't know if the FBI interviewed Tony Bobolinski, but Tucker Carlson did. You should dig up that interview to see what he had to say that reinforced the investigation by the FBI. Not only was Tony a diehard Democrat, but also a military vet, successful businessman, and a former partner in the Biden scam.
Biden has selected highly qualified people who were not brought in because they voted for him, and gender and race are well represented as they should be and are as qualified as any. Biden does not make decisions based on his "gut". He knows what he doesn't know. Trump thought he knew everything, and said so. He brought in mostly white men, most of them hardly the best he could get. They kept their positions by telling Trump what he wanted to hear, instead of what he needed to hear. As soon the experts began to tell him what he needed to hear, they were gone. Trump's "accomplishments" have or will have unintended consequences. Trump is a grifter and easily fools people with his gift of gab.
I remember Trump, Rudy, the phone calls to Ukraine, Rudy's time in Ukraine, the Congressional hearings, those two and their seedy comments about Biden and his son, and now the follow-up.

However much is necessary to destroy the US dollar and everyone’s savings.
Wouldn’t have been necessary if Trump had come through on his promise to reinvest in infrastructure.

I guess tax cuts for wealthy Americans was just more important than helping out average Americans.
What the fuck does infrastructure have to do with these bailouts and Coronavirus relief ?

he money for the covid is necessary no matter what.

Correct, it is. But that only represents 9% of the bill. The rest is pork and unnecessary Covid related things.
Where is the pork?

American Rescue Plan: What's in the House's $1.9 trillion ...

www.washingtonpost.com › us-policy › 2021/02/26 › a...

3 days ago — The House on Saturday approved President Biden's $1.9 trillion stimulus ... month, with hundreds of billions of dollars going to vaccination programs, ... These breakdowns and estimates were compiled from ... the Disaster Relief Fund, which is managed by FEMA, and cover funeral expenses tied to covid.

The money for the covid is necessary no matter what.
Only because of a red flag fear mongering by red flag fear mongers- people die. Period. The flu deaths have gone down- wonder why? People never lose their livelihoods because of the flu- or any other sickness- unless they die.
The US gov't is counting on ignorance- and winning. You may think it's on your side- but, it ain't.
You need to rethink your logic. People die? Fear mongering? Even your president admitted the seriousness of this virus.

No one is.
No one.

So you don't want to do anything with the ordinary income tax, you want to raise the corp tax rate? Because you seem to be talking about two different things. Trump's ordinary income tax cuts for all Americans, and then having companies pay taxes....

Just fyi, the companies won't pay it either....they simply will raise the price of their products or services, so the customers will pay it.

Expect higher cost for food, milk, bread, internet, cars, clothes, houses etc.....thanks for hurting the middle class
According to Biden, only those making $400000+ will lose that ridiculous tax reduction that Trump gave them. The tax cuts were invested in the stock market and not in our economy. We will get higher prices because of trade wars,
and that was a gimme. Companies simply do not raise prices because they may not be competitive. FYI

Trump had his fat little hands in Biden's son. Believe it, with Julie flapping away)
You obviously don't know, do you? I have already listed Biden's long list of accomplishments during his Senate years. He has plenty to show for it.
Trump wasn't qualified when he ran the first time, and he is still not qualified.
He fucks up almost everything he touches in one way or another. He knows 0 about diplomacy, among other things. Trump played 300 days of golf. He worshipped Fox News (fake news), Specifically Hannity, Tuckie, and Lewie. all day long. He has no idea how to govern and takes no advice from anyone.
Ronald Regan knew what he didn't know and brought into his cabinet the sharpest, most experienced minds to tell him what he needed to hear and not what he wanted to hear.

And Biden is selecting unqualified people as well, plus the twist most of his selections are based on gender and race--not the best he could get.

Trump was the best President we've had since Reagan with many accomplishments. You refuse to recognize them based on your personal opinion of him. If Trump had anything to do with Hunter's FBI investigation, please post a reliable source for it. If Trump were President today, we'd still be paying $2.10 a gallon for gasoline rather than the $2.70 we are paying today, and zero threat of the Democrats stopping us from buying firearms and ammo in the future.

I don't know if the FBI interviewed Tony Bobolinski, but Tucker Carlson did. You should dig up that interview to see what he had to say that reinforced the investigation by the FBI. Not only was Tony a diehard Democrat, but also a military vet, successful businessman, and a former partner in the Biden scam.
Biden has selected highly qualified people who were not brought in because they voted for him, and gender and race are well represented as they should be and are as qualified as any. Biden does not make decisions based on his "gut". He knows what he doesn't know. Trump thought he knew everything, and said so. He brought in mostly white men, most of them hardly the best he could get. They kept their positions by telling Trump what he wanted to hear, instead of what he needed to hear. As soon the experts began to tell him what he needed to hear, they were gone. Trump's "accomplishments" have or will have unintended consequences. Trump is a grifter and easily fools people with his gift of gab.
I remember Trump, Rudy, the phone calls to Ukraine, Rudy's time in Ukraine, the Congressional hearings, those two and their seedy comments about Biden and his son, and now the follow-up.
Who has he brought in to his Cabinet that didn't vote for him?

Yes, and we know...we are all aware that Biden isn't really leading this admin...but being told what to do and who to put into place etc....but he has certainly suggested in the past that he goes by what he's "gut" tells him:

No one is.
No one.

According to Biden, only those making $400000+ will lose that ridiculous tax reduction that Trump gave them. The tax cuts were invested in the stock market and not in our economy. We will get higher prices because of trade wars,
and that was a gimme. Companies simply do not raise prices because they may not be competitive. FYI

So again are you talking about the ordinary income tax, or corp taxes? Also, investing in the market....IS investing in our economy!

Yes, if you raise the corp tax rate, our businesses won't be able to be competitive with foreign businesses...I agree...further hurting the American economy.

Who has he brought in to his Cabinet that didn't vote for him?

Yes, and we know...we are all aware that Biden isn't really leading this admin...but being told what to do and who to put into place etc....but he has certainly suggested in the past that he goes by what he's "gut" tells him:

You know nothing if you think that Biden isn't leading our nation. Leadership is as good as his team because NOBODY can do it alone. If the team does the job it is supposed to do, you look good. If the team is weak, as in Trump's case, you do not look good. Trump took advice from nobody, made a mess and we will realize the unintended consequences of his actions. Nobody is telling Biden what to do--that is the dumbest comment.

New Topics

Forum List

Back