Whats Going On With Our Health System?

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
Little girl goes to the hospital to have a routine procedure and dies.

7-year-old girl dies during tonsillectomy - CNN

"A 7-year-old South Carolina girl died one minute into surgery to remove her tonsils, her parents told CNN affiliate WHNS.

Paisley Cogsdill snored in her sleep but was perfectly healthy, relatives said, according to WHNS. But her heart suddenly stopped during the operation in Greenwood on Friday."

"A 7-year-old South Carolina girl died one minute into surgery to remove her tonsils, her parents told CNN affiliate WHNS.

Paisley Cogsdill snored in her sleep but was perfectly healthy, relatives said, according to WHNS. But her heart suddenly stopped during the operation in Greenwood on Friday."
What? You think medicine is at the level portrayed in Star Trek?
Personally I'd wait for the coroner's report to see what the cause was......... The girl may not have been "perfectly healthy".

Personally I'd wait for the coroner's report to see what the cause was......... The girl may not have been "perfectly healthy".
Yeah. Theyre supposed to test that before putting her under.

Mistakes happen...adults are suppose to learn that and except it as part of life....but many comfy cozy spoiled rotten humans today think if perfection in medicine isn't performed all the time and every time someone is at fault legally..I can guarantee you one thing....we won't get a better system by giving it to Bernie to run....

Mistakes happen...adults are suppose to learn that and except it as part of life....but many comfy cozy spoiled rotten humans today think if perfection in medicine isn't performed all the time and every time someone is at fault legally..I can guarantee you one thing....we won't get a better system by giving it to Bernie to run....
Thats not a mistake. Its a lack of professionalism. The little girl should have been tested first. Some doctors do it. Others are lazy and dont.

Dude, medically speaking (when put in perspective) we're barely out of the dark ages. What, you think we can do a quick test and determine EVERY potential health problem? You've been watching too much Sci Fi............

Thats not a mistake. Its a lack of professionalism. The little girl should have been tested first. Some doctors do it. Others are lazy and dont.
There is that possibility also. Of course you, lacking any medical expertise is going to jump on it........ :rolleyes:

Dude, medically speaking (when put in perspective) we're barely out of the dark ages. What, you think we can do a quick test and determine EVERY potential health problem? You've been watching too much Sci Fi............
Her heart stopped. Thats pretty much the first thing a doctor would be testing. She didnt die because she had a rare blood disease that was activated by exposure to oxygen.

There is that possibility also. Of course you, lacking any medical expertise is going to jump on it........ :rolleyes:
Thats where you would be wrong. My uncle is a surgeon and my wife and mother law are RNs.

Were you there?....

Her heart stopped. Thats pretty much the first thing a doctor would be testing. She didnt die because she had a rare blood disease that was activated by exposure to oxygen.
Uummmm, guess you're the expert....... :rolleyes:

Thats where you would be wrong. My uncle is a surgeon and my wife and mother law are RNs.
Good for them....give them a link to our board....

Uummmm, guess you're the expert....... :rolleyes:
Following the lead of the experts I just mentioned. :rolleyes:

Good for them....give them a link to our board....
They know you're a dumbass. They dont want to talk to you. :rolleyes:

So, my brother is a Nurse Practitioner. I was a DT/CA in the Navy and worked as a specialized tech, ICUs, CCU, OR and ER for ten years in a major metropolitan, Level I Trauma Center I actually have a couple of years of pre-med. You're just related to some...... :lol:

So, my brother is a Nurse Practitioner. I was a DT/CA in the Navy and worked as a specialized tech, ICUs, CCU, OR and ER for ten years in a major metropolitan, Level I Trauma Center I actually have a couple of years of pre-med. You're just related to some...... :lol:
If thats true why dont you know she should have been tested? :rolleyes:

The daughter of a girlfriend was 21 and in great health and died in her sleep. The coroner said it was arrhythmia. So sad.

If thats true why dont you know she should have been tested? :rolleyes:
I don't know, That's why I said it was a possibility. Do you know or are you just guessing?

The daughter of a girlfriend was 21 and in great health and died in her sleep. The coroner said it was arrhythmia. So sad.
Happens all the time, seemingly healthy people just drop dead for various reasons.

Was it during a procedure? Did she have an EKG before it happened?

New Topics

Forum List

Back