What you feeding your dog?

SmokeALib

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
Last year, we lost our 3-year old Wheaten Terrier to kidney failure. After 2 weeks and 2500 dollars in vet bills, we were devastated to find out it was due to Chinese manufactured chicken jerky treats we had purchased at Costco.
At any rate, we are desperately trying to find a dry dog food without any Chinese ingredients whatsoever. Almost impossible. Even foods like Merrick and Fromm source vitamins from China for their formulations.
I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.
IMG_20200211_203606136.jpg

Last year, we lost our 3-year old Wheaten Terrier to kidney failure. After 2 weeks and 2500 dollars in vet bills, we were devastated to find out it was due to Chinese manufactured chicken jerky treats we had purchased at Costco.
At any rate, we are desperately trying to find a dry dog food without any Chinese ingredients whatsoever. Almost impossible. Even foods like Merrick and Fromm source vitamins from China for their formulations.
View attachment 387431
Halo. That's what I fed my dog. For cheap Purina is good. They have their own farms. Before I bought the first kibble I called the Halo main headquarters and questioned them about the product line. Nothing from China. Quit buying dog ingestibles at Costco.

View attachment 387431
we get boneless chicken thighs and steamed veg and rice from aldis and mix it with a high quality organic dry food,,,remember to adjust for weight of dog,,
we've had to switch to hamburger from time to time,,,

not cheap but its given our big coon hound another few yrs when she was fading fast,,

I have ten dogs and feed them mostly from the garden and then cook for them during the none gardening season. They eat just like humans, they love greens beans, yellow squash, okra, not to wild about lettuce, they love tomatoes... and then occasionally they get a good old fashioned rotting corpse of an animal to chew on..

View attachment 387431

We NEVER buy ANYTHING made in China. We have a 7 week old German Shephard pup and she gets US made puppy food.

..we give our shep-pit mix soft treats made in Topeka, KS..been about 4 years now...we also give her the Paws Happy Life twist beefhide treats once a day

Either real meat and the one we've had since a pup eats bananas, salad, and most whatever we eat. If I do not have real meat for them they get K9 Rage (they are on FB too and it can be found in farm stores). It is made in Missouri and the dogs love it. In fact unless they feel like they are totally starving they will not eat anything else. We dry meat in the Winter by the stove and I got a smoker to dry meat other times of the year but I have only used it a few times due to needing a dedicated electric line for it.

View attachment 387431
we get boneless chicken thighs and steamed veg and rice from aldis and mix it with a high quality organic dry food,,,remember to adjust for weight of dog,,
we've had to switch to hamburger from time to time,,,

not cheap but its given our big coon hound another few yrs when she was fading fast,,
Feeding our 200lb Pyre human food gave him four years extra that his litter mates did not have.

View attachment 387431
Halo. That's what I fed my dog. For cheap Purina is good. They have their own farms. Before I bought the first kibble I called the Halo main headquarters and questioned them about the product line. Nothing from China. Quit buying dog ingestibles at Costco.
Purina is out. I was looking at their pro plan focus only to discover numerous chinese- sourced ingredients. I'll look into Halo. Thank you.

View attachment 387431

We NEVER buy ANYTHING made in China. We have a 7 week old German Shephard pup and she gets US made puppy food.
May I ask what brand?

View attachment 387431

May I ask what brand?

Canidae-new-Logo1.png

Honest Kitchen.

The Force formula.

There is no better all-natural dog food on the market. In my view, anyway. And all of its ingredients are American. In fact, it's human grade food. Grain free. No gluten. Non-gmo. No by-products. Meat is all free range/ranch raised.

It is, however, expensive. I'm going through 1 ten pound box per month at 85 Federal Reserve Notes per box. The ten pound box of dehydrated food makes 40 pounds of food, though.

And if you call em, they'll send you free samples to try out first.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back