What year did the most good movies come out ?

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Of course it's just a matter of opinion and individuals' tastes in films, and something most people never really thought about.

But I'm gonna say 1989, because that's the year my first son was born and there really were a bunch of great (imo) notable movies that came out that year.

Here's a list of my favorites from that year...
Parenthood, Kickboxer, Family Business, Batman, Weekend At Bernie's, K-9, Back to the Future 2, Dead Poet's Society, Driving Miss Daisy, She Devil, Ghostbusters 2, Pet Sematary, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Pink Cadillac, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Lethal Weapon 2, Major League, Nat. Lam.'s Christmas Vacation, Next of Kin, The Package, Road House, See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Turner and Hooch, War of the Roses, Uncle Buck, When Harry Met Sally, Harlem Nights, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Casualties of War, Black Rain.....

That's about it.

Of course it's just a matter of opinion and individuals' tastes in films, and something most people never really thought about.

But I'm gonna say 1989, because that's the year my first son was born and there really were a bunch of great (imo) notable movies that came out that year.

Parenthood, Kickboxer, Family Business, Batman, Weekend At Bernie's, K-9, Back to the Future 2, Dead Poet's Society, Driving Miss Daisy, She Devil, Ghostbusters 2, Pet Sematary, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Pink Cadillac, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Lethal Weapon 2, Major League, Nat. Lam.'s Christmas Vacation, Next of Kin, The Package, Road House, See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Turner and Hooch, War of the Roses, Uncle Buck, When Harry Met Sally, Harlem Nights, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Casualties of War, Black Rain.....

That's about it.

My favorite year for movies is probably 1982. Star Trek II, Blade Runner, ET, The Thing, The Verdict, Tootsie, Gandhi, Creepshow, 48 Hours, The World According To Garp, and coincidentally, My Favorite Year, are just a sampling of great movies that came out that year.

1939 ...

"Wizard of Oz" and "Gone With the Wind" ...

997b785a727c9d54b20198a295376d14.gif

That's about it.

"Ghostbuster's 2" in a list of 'good' movies?

Excuse me while I hurl.

1994 in my opinion was a good year due to the following films.

D2 The Mighty Ducks
The Santa Clause 1
Little Rascals
Baby's Day Out
Angels In The Outfield
Lion King

1995 was another good year due to the following films.

It Takes Two
Little Big League
First Kid
Toy Story 1
Man Of The House
Tom And Huck

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back