What would you do if your dad came out?

I don't know, try to set him up with a rich old man to spend the rest of his life with (and see if I can get a loan)?

You ask many different questions, that's for sure.

Men leave their wives all the time. Does it really make any difference as to whether he left for another man or a woman?

John Walker Lindh was a teen when his father came home wearing a dress and announced he was leaving his family for another man. John joined the Taliban to fight sinful infidels.

Men leave their wives all the time. Does it really make any difference as to whether he left for another man or a woman?
It does the spouse being left. How would you feel if you turned James gay?

It does the spouse being left. How would you feel if you turned James gay?

You know... I don't know which would be worse.

In the end it wouldn't matter because they gonna die no matter what.

Yeah, I think it does.

Usually a woman sees her husband leaving for another, younger woman; a lover who, probably, has a much nicer body. Now, though, the wife would have to come to grips with the fact that her husband's new lover has chest hair and a dick.

I have to imagine that would take some sort of extra special psychological toll on a woman...

Yeah, I think it does.

Usually a woman sees her husband leaving for another, younger woman; a lover who, probably, has a much nicer body. Now, though, the wife would have to come to grips with the fact that her husband's new lover has chest hair and a dick.

I have to imagine that would take some sort of extra special psychological toll on a woman...
Same with a guy. Imagine how it would feel if you turned your old lady into a carpet muncher.

As gay and he leaves your mom for another man. My dad is dead but if he had done that I still would have loved him
I call bullshit on this happening. If a man has gone through the process of getting married to a woman and enjoyed having sex with her enough to have several kids, then he isn't gay. He may be bisexual, but he isn't gay. He should fulfill his commitment to his wife and kids.

As far as still loving your father, that's how unconditional love works.

Yeah, I think it does.

Yeah. I can see your point. But I still don't think the trade for dick would matter to me that much. Any cheating at all would give me an extra special psychological toll on me.

When we married I made it clear that infidelity was just about the only deal breaker. And 100% deal breaker.

As gay and he leaves your mom for another man. My dad is dead but if he had done that I still would have loved him
I call bullshit on this happening. If a man has gone through the process of getting married to a woman and enjoyed having sex with her enough to have several kids, then he isn't gay. He may be bisexual, but he isn't gay. He should fulfill his commitment to his wife and kids.

As far as still loving your father, that's how unconditional love works.
Just because they have kids, doesnt mean they enjoyed the sex.

Just because they have kids, doesnt mean they enjoyed the sex.
I find it highly unlikely that HE didn't enjoy the sex, especially if he busted a nut doing it.
I have busted a nut during sex and i didnt enjoy it. Im just saying.
This lady I know had 2 kids. Stayed with her husband even after both kids grew up. One day she finally came out and said she was gay and was leaving her husband to find a woman and be happy.
You got to think man, back in the day alot of people were scared to come out. Or wanted a "normal" life. Or tried to ignore it. IDK. It just isnt that black and white.

Mortimer

Ahh....Mort, it is apparent that you aren't happy pretending to be something that you aren't. You have nothing to lose by being your real self instead of trying to remake and pretend to be something that you aren't.

The people that really love you will continue to love you------------those that won't never did love you. You need to find people who will love you for being who you really are even if you have to find a support group outside of your family. Families can be surprising supportive, but others can be very sadly and predictively NOT supportive and abusive when they think some member has insulted the family. Perhaps a church that accepts gays----honestly, I think a Lutheran one might be a bit more supportive of a lone a member without a huge family joining all at once...often the whole congregation is bit more low key as well.

I don't think being gay is "normal" ....like having a missing arm and saying that it is "normal" is not exactly accurate which irritates me that it isn't the complete TRUTH. However, I have a step cousin that I love despite always knowing from the moment we met when we were both 4 that he was gay.....(he liked playing with dolls more than I or his sister ever did.) We ALL have our flaws though, now don't we.

This lady I know had 2 kids. Stayed with her husband even after both kids grew up. One day she finally came out and said she was gay and was leaving her husband to find a woman and be happy.
The wife doesn't have to have an "O" to have kids.

Still, do you really believe of all the times they had sex that the "Gay" partner never enjoyed it? I call bullshit.

The wife doesn't have to have an "O" to have kids.

Still, do you really believe of all the times they had sex that the "Gay" partner never enjoyed it? I call bullshit.
ok

Forum List

Back