What would you do if you were the Police Chief in Chicago?

You would think. How did she get elected in the first place?

I'm glad you asked.

We had a guy named Rahm Emmanual. you, know, one of your co-religionists famous for saying, "Never let a Crisis go to waste".

Well, old Rahm had a problem. He was well on his way to a third term until he found out that they would be putting Jason Van Dyke AKA "Officer 16 Shots" on trail for shooting Laquan McDonald about the same time he'd be running for that primary. So Rahm dropped out before people started asking embarrassing questions about his role in the cover-up.

Now, we had a bunch of people in the primary, but Chicago has a rule that if no one gets 50%, the top two vote getters would go into a run-off. The Top Two were Lightfoot, who had a great reputation as a Police Reformer up to that point, and Toni Prekwinkle, the Chairman of the Cook County Board. It was kind of a no-brainer... vote for a reformer, or vote for another machine politician.

You are an idiot....both lightfoot and prekwinkle are political hacks in a city run by democrat party morons..........the city has been run by the democrat party since 1931, all 50 seats of the city council are held by democrats, the States Attorney is a democrat as is the Governor and the General Assembly is controlled by the democrat party....

Notice anything?

The "reformer," is an anti-police moron, who supports the violence and hates the police.........and now you can see what that gets you...more violence, not less violence...but that works for the democrat party.....they increase violence and murder with their policies....then say..."But....Trump."

-- Your mayor is a deranged politician who cannot decipher peaceful protests from riots and looters
-- Your death rate makes you look more like Stalingrad in 1942 vs. Chicago in 2020.

Uh, wow, if you are going to make statements like that.

Number of people killed in Chicago this year- 432. That's higher than last year, when the amount for the whole year was 490.

Number of people who died in the Battle of Stalingrad- 478,741 Just on the Russian Side.

-- The Media doesn't cover this because black on black crime is irrelevant to them

Uh, I live here. The media can't shut up about the demonstrations. Most of which have been peaceful and most of the murders have been unrelated to them.

-- You want to protect the innocent people and want to protect local businesses

Do they? The problem with CPD is that they are mostly interested in protecting themselves, that's why they have no respect in the community.

That tells me the police are doing a very bad job of spotting the signs of stress... Police suicides according to your article are 60% higher in Chicago than the rest of the nation.

-- Kim Foxx your prosecutor is inept and won't prosecute people you arrest

No point in prosecuting petty offenses you can't win.. The fact was, the Murder Rate in 2019 was at a three year low. Kim Fox was making progress, up until the point the whole thing fell apart in TRUMP PLAGUE, TRUMP RECESSION and TRUMP RIOTS.

You are an idiot.......kim foxx stopped prosecuting the most violent felons, and the democrats enacted no cash bail....allowing violent felons to walk out of the court house even with repeat arrests for felonies...

You are a blind fool....

You moron....where is Trump in any of this crap....?

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx is dropping felony cases involving charges of murder and other serious offenses at a higher rate than her predecessor, according to a Tribune analysis that comes amid a growing debate over criminal justice reform.

During Foxx’s first three years as the county’s top prosecutor, her office dropped all charges against 29.9% of felony defendants, a dramatic increase over her predecessor, the Tribune found. For the last three years of Anita Alvarez’s tenure, the rate was 19.4%.

In all, a total of 25,183 people had their felony cases dismissed under Foxx through November 2019, up from 18,694 for a similar period under Alvarez.
--------

However, the Tribune found that Foxx’s higher rates of dropped cases included people accused of murder, shooting another person, sex crimes, and attacks on police officers — as well as serious drug offenses that for decades have driven much of Chicago’s street violence.

For the three-year period analyzed, Foxx’s office dropped 8.1% of homicide cases, compared with 5.3% under Alvarez, the Tribune found. Under Foxx, the office dropped 9.5% of felony sex crime cases; the rate was 6.5% for Alvarez.

Foxx’s office also increased the rate of dropped cases for aggravated battery and for aggravated battery with a firearm. And under Foxx, the percentage of cases dropped for defendants accused of aggravated battery of a police officer more than doubled, from 3.9% to 8.1%.
----------

Along with Chief Judge Timothy Evans and Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle, Foxx has advocated for lowering or eliminating cash bonds for defendants facing a host of charges, including many gun offenses. They have said people should not be held in jail before their trial merely because they are too poor to come up with bail money.

These public officials argue that their changes to the bail system have had no impact on violent crime. But a Tribune investigation earlier this year found that the key study used to support those claims, done by Evans’ office, had flaws that minimized the number of defendants charged with murder and other violent crimes after being released from custody under bail reform.

As more defendants were freed from jail, judges increasingly placed many of them on electronic home monitoring as a condition of their release. Defendants who destroy the ankle bracelet or simply take off can be charged with felony escape.

It’s a charge where the difference between Foxx’s office and Alvarez’s is particularly stark. About 400 people are charged every year with felony escape. During Alvarez’s last three years in office, she dropped a total of 55 such cases, compared with 429 for Foxx.

Foxx could not explain why her office has pursued far fewer escape cases than under Alvarez. “We don’t have an official policy on escape and so I don’t have an answer for you as to why that number would be different, other than, again, we’re asking our people to be able to proceed on cases where the facts, the law and the evidence support it.”

Last edited:
Activate stop and frisk policies in South and West Chicago

Again, this kind of racist shit is why people are out demonstrating... it's like you guys are incapable of learning.

Moron......the gang members are already banned from buying, owning and carrying guns.........it isn't the guns, you twit....it is the policies of the democrat party politicians, judges and prosecutors and kim foxx, the states attorney who are letting known, violent, repeat gun offenders out on bail, often no cash bail, and out of prison on short sentences.

We never had prison space to lock up "Second Amendment Enthusiasts"

You are an idiot....both lightfoot and prekwinkle are political hacks in a city run by democrat party morons..........the city has been run by the democrat party since 1931, all 50 seats of the city council are held by democrats, the States Attorney is a democrat as is the Governor and the General Assembly is controlled by the democrat party....

Notice anything?

That we realized the GOP shouldn't be in charge of a lemonade stand... um, yeah, the whole country is figuring that out.

The "reformer," is an anti-police moron, who supports the violence and hates the police.........and now you can see what that gets you...more violence, not less violence...but that works for the democrat party.....they increase violence and murder with their policies....then say..."But....Trump."

Uh, guy, violence was going down in the city up until this year on Foxx's watch, until TRUMP PLAGUE, TRUMP RECESSION and TRUMP RIOTS upended the apple carts all over the country.

You are an idiot.......kim foxx stopped prosecuting the most violent felons, and the democrats enacted no cash bail....allowing violent felons to walk out of the court house even with repeat arrests for felonies...

Again, we don't have the jail space to lock up everyone we catch with a gun... Sorry, man.... Besides, you're the one who thinks everyone should have a gun...

-- Your mayor is a deranged politician who cannot decipher peaceful protests from riots and looters
-- Your death rate makes you look more like Stalingrad in 1942 vs. Chicago in 2020.
-- The Media doesn't cover this because black on black crime is irrelevant to them
-- Your department is stressed to the point of suicide: Newly promoted Chicago police chief dies by suicide in department facility - TheGrio

So as the TV shows asks...."What would you do"??????

Thank you
There would be an increase in officer shootings of suspects. That's what I'd do.

Maybe they should vote out the crappy mayor then.

No, we need to reform our corrupt police department.

After the Laquan McDonald Shooting, there was a list of 60 reforms that were needed to keep more incidents like that from happening. So far, the City has only implemented six of them.
What good is it to make arrests when the prosecutors don't prosecute?
As usual, you're wrong again.
Chicago has been corrupt since the gangster days.

1. Arm police with tear gas, shields and every safety piece possible.
2. Call out the National Guard.
3. Police black neighborhoods as much as riot areas,
4. Hire more police and give a $20,000 signing bonus for experienced new hires with military backgrounds. Give raises to police in dangerous positions.
5. Begin a Call In feature where citizens can call and tell who the instigators to the rioters are and gang murder suspects.
6. Bring about a Castle Doctrine as a security measure for your own business or home.
Sounds good but... Police chief can't call national guard, can't give raises that have not been approved by the city and can't change laws

Sounds good but... Police chief can't call national guard, can't give raises that have not been approved by the city and can't change laws

The problem with calling out the National Guard is that they are the same people who are protesting...

The unit I was with in the 80's... 90% black and brown.. Yeah, good luck getting them to shoot at the rioters... they'll probably shoot their officers first.

-- Your department is stressed to the point of suicide: Newly promoted Chicago police chief dies by suicide in department facility - TheGrio

Thank you
I like the idea of using water cannons that way you get to clean the streets while cleaning the rioters out of the area.

The problem with calling out the National Guard is that they are the same people who are protesting...

The unit I was with in the 80's... 90% black and brown.. Yeah, good luck getting them to shoot at the rioters... they'll probably shoot their officers first.
My post was not about protests but murders that were happening there before the protests as well.

Again, this kind of racist shit is why people are out demonstrating... it's like you guys are incapable of learning.

Moron......the gang members are already banned from buying, owning and carrying guns.........it isn't the guns, you twit....it is the policies of the democrat party politicians, judges and prosecutors and kim foxx, the states attorney who are letting known, violent, repeat gun offenders out on bail, often no cash bail, and out of prison on short sentences.

Why are you so hell bent on protests? If there aren't any protests, Chicago still has major issues.

Thank you
Well, if I were the chief of police and the Mayor instructed my force to step back and allow protesters to riot and loot and the DA refused to prosecute looters and rioters, I would find a judge that believed that rioters and looters should be prosecuted, then ask the judge to swear out a warrant for the arrest of both the Mayor and the DA, for "felony Obstruction of Justice," in the case of major crimes committed by looters and rioters, then I would send the police force to go after the criminals and hold them until I could find an Assistant DA that would actually prosecute all involved.
This is a terrific answer, sir. Thank you!

You mean armed blacks. Get it right racist. I know for you it doesn't matter if the blacks you are talking about are armed up against the cops. The cops should just let them shoot them. That'll do racist.

George Floyd wasn't armed. Sandra Bland wasn't armed. Tamir Rice wasn't armed. Mike Brown wasn't armed.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

etc etc comes to less than 10 in 2019 racist. Keep dreaming.

This is why no one takes you seriously. You throw out unsupported lies about the police with no evidence like a typical gutless racist.

But you convinced me. Let's ban private guns, then cops won't have to worry about getting shot at anymore.

Sorry mein Fuhrer you aren't going to take away our rights to defend ourselves from racists like you.

And the police were charged and are awaiting trial. No one got away with anything. That's how it works.

Most of the time it doesn't work that way, that's the point.

More lies without evidence. Typical of a gutless troll.

This is why no one takes you seriously. You throw out unsupported lies about the police with no evidence like a typical gutless racist.

The racism on your side is dealing months of destruction over a dozen black lives which you don't give a shit about caught in the crossfire and the countless black businesses destroyed by the racists you support.

The last thing you care about is black lives.

Hey, I've been calling for Police Reform for YEARS before these riots started.

You mean you've been led around by your bigotry and lies.

I have family members who refuse to talk to me because of it. So I look at these Riots and say, "You should have fucking listened to me years ago, stupid."

Thanks for admitting you don't care about the police and use racism and violence to justify your political position.

Typical liberal racist.

Why are you so hell bent on protests? If there aren't any protests, Chicago still has major issues.
The city is run by the DNC cartel
The only solution is to leave

Forum List

Back