What would you do if you were the Police Chief in Chicago?

We need to reform our corrupt police department.

No, there are a few police departments that need to increase training and accountability. Our police system is not corrupt. Ever hear the term throwing the baby out with the bathwater?

Tamir Rice, Sandra Bland, Laquan McDonald, Walter Scott, Jean Botham... they weren't about to rape, rob, loot or murder anyone.

Wow, you cited, some questionable examples, five folks over five years out of tens of millions of interactions of police and civilians.

LET'S JUST TRASH THE WHOLE SYSTEM! Have you ever heard the cliche, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater?

Last edited:
-- Your mayor is a deranged politician who cannot decipher peaceful protests from riots and looters
-- Your death rate makes you look more like Stalingrad in 1942 vs. Chicago in 2020.
-- The Media doesn't cover this because black on black crime is irrelevant to them
-- You want to protect the innocent people and want to protect local businesses
-- Your department is stressed to the point of suicide: Newly promoted Chicago police chief dies by suicide in department facility - TheGrio
-- Kim Foxx your prosecutor is inept and won't prosecute people you arrest

So as the TV shows asks...."What would you do"??????

Thank you

I'd resign. Appoint you, sense you seem to be an authority on everything.
You mean "since"? I am asking an honest and polite question. Why are you so triggered? Please explain.

Yeah, mea culpa, since you seem to be ....judgmental of the Chief of Police you must have the sense to correct the situation and she did not. The idea that a solution exists requires study, not some glib and simple solution to a very complex issue.

Want a simple solution, pass an ordinance to ban all firearms within the city limits. Those who do not surrender their guns will be imprisoned one year for every gun owned, and a $5,000 fine for each gun.

Of course the NRA would oppose this solution.
I am not judgmental of the police chief, I am judgmental of the shit he has to deal with. I am actually on his side. Do you believe criminals will give up their guns?

No, I don't believe criminals or most gun owners will give up their guns.

The statement by the activist supporting looting as reparations was the last straw for many of these store owners. They are moving out. If the Chicago police chief joins the mayor in the wrong alliance the whole city needs to go.

-- Your mayor is a deranged politician who cannot decipher peaceful protests from riots and looters
-- Your death rate makes you look more like Stalingrad in 1942 vs. Chicago in 2020.
-- The Media doesn't cover this because black on black crime is irrelevant to them
-- Your department is stressed to the point of suicide: Newly promoted Chicago police chief dies by suicide in department facility - TheGrio

Thank you

You mean "since"? I am asking an honest and polite question. Why are you so triggered? Please explain.

See when someone is just too emotional common sense and reasoning are a threat.

Know your place :)

To answer your question I would resign as well and send a message to the voters.

Thank you

Settle down there Francis. Are you able to actually address the question or is this just another mindless emotional bit to avoid answering it?

He is absolutely right about the crime, the idiocy of the mayor and the worthless DA.

Thank you

Yeah, mea culpa, since you seem to be ....judgmental of the Chief of Police you must have the sense to correct the situation and she did not. The idea that a solution exists requires study, not some glib and simple solution to a very complex issue.

Want a simple solution, pass an ordinance to ban all firearms within the city limits. Those who do not surrender their guns will be imprisoned one year for every gun owned, and a $5,000 fine for each gun.

So you're pretending its a negative aspect to one's personality to judge the actions and inactions of others. On what planet did that make sense to you?>

And speaking about another planet, how would you find and confiscate all the weapons Mein Fuhrer?

Thank you

I am not judgmental of the police chief, I am judgmental of the shit he has to deal with. I am actually on his side. Do you believe criminals will give up their guns?

No, I don't believe criminals or most gun owners will give up their guns.

So you have no answer or reasoning to pick them up. Got it.

Thank you

as a lib/prog who can't stand right wingers if I were police chief in chicago I would

1. arrest (as nonviolently as possible) all looters and rioters
2. I would defend and protect all peaceful protestors
3. I would insist that ALL members of the police force obey their oaths and "serve and protect" all citizens
4. I would insist that they learn to NOT AUTOMATICALLY START KILLING PEOPLE simply because they are black and jogging or black and holding a cell phone

in short

i would fix the actual problem so people wouldn't need to demonstrate against police abuse

Thank you

as a lib/prog who can't stand right wingers if I were police chief in chicago I would

3. I would insist that ALL members of the police force obey their oaths and "serve and protect" all citizens
4. I would insist that they learn to NOT AUTOMATICALLY START KILLING PEOPLE simply because they are black and jogging or black and holding a cell phone

in short

i would fix the actual problem so people wouldn't need to demonstrate against police abuse
Ummmm what about all the murders in Chicago prior to the protests? What would you do about that?

Thank you

in short

Except they don't. Do you really need yet another education on how many unarmed blacks were killed by police in 2019? That it was the lowest since the washington compost has been tracking them? And you were doing so well up to then.

The statement by the activist supporting looting as reparations was the last straw for many of these store owners. They are moving out. If the Chicago police chief joins the mayor in the wrong alliance the whole city needs to go.
No fking money

in short

Funny, no mention of protecting civilians affected by the chaos? So reparations is okay by you, when no one was ever a slave? Can’t fix your kind of stupid

No, there are a few police departments that need to increase training and accountability. Our police system is not corrupt. Ever hear the term throwing the baby out with the bathwater?

I was specifically speaking about Chicago, which is massively corrupt.

That said, most of the reforms could be applied to all police departments.

Ummmm what about all the murders in Chicago prior to the protests? What would you do about that?

Well, good question.

you see, what I would do is arrest, prosecute and imprison those responsible.

Of course, you need a police department that will treat homicide as seriously, as let's say, a C-List actor faking a hate crime.

So 83% of homicides in Chicago go unsolved, but man, they proved Jussie beat himself up. So that's what an investigation looks like.. Interesting.

Wow, you cited, some questionable examples, five folks over five years out of tens of millions of interactions of police and civilians.

LET'S JUST TRASH THE WHOLE SYSTEM!

Um, yeah. Five is too many.

Just like a company will do a complete recall of a product if just one box is tainted... Funny how that works.

The problem with these "Questionable" examples is they all involved officers who had lots of red flags... complaints, lawsuits, being fired by other police departments.

Forum List

Back