What would Hitler have done about ISIS?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
I wanna ask this question and try to keep partisan politics out of it.

What would Hitler have done about ISIS? Lets use alternative history. Lets say Hitler stopped his push with the French appeasement. ..and WW2 stopped. And Hitler stayed in power over his new empire....and ISIS struck them. Lets say it was 1950.

What would Hitler have done?

My point is...maybe we are just not evil enough to deal with Islamic radicalism. Obama. Bush. Reagan. ALL of us...we are all civilized Americans.

That old saying that sometimes a monster can only be destroyed by another monster...is it true? Afterall...Hitler was ultimately defeated because he picked a fight with another monster- Russia and Stalin.

Does our modern world have a monster that is the equal of ISIS? In a twisted way...I think this theory is why the Middle East needed some evil dictators. Radical Islam will flourish until another monster defeats it.

The West was and is just too nice to do what may be required.

Hitler would have allied with ISIS...they are anti-Jew after all. Or are you a holocaust denier too?

hitler-a-muslim.jpg

What would Hitler have done about ISIS? Lets use alternative history. Lets say Hitler stopped his push with the French appeasement. ..and WW2 stopped. And Hitler stayed in power over his new empire....and ISIS struck them. Lets say it was 1950.

He may have supported them given the importance of Iraq to British oil supplies and perhaps given the fact that in such a world, the Middle East may still be under colonial possession. It's a pretty big speculation to make in general, since a fascist Germany completely throws off the entire political ideological exchange in the area. He my have also sought to court and gain influence in Eastern Europe and elsewhere by labeling Islam in general a plague and targeting it for nationalist populist reasons like we saw happen in post WWII Balkans.

My point is...maybe we are just not evil enough to deal with Islamic radicalism. Obama. Bush. Reagan. ALL of us...we are all civilized Americans.

That old saying that sometimes a monster can only be destroyed by another monster...is it true? Afterall...Hitler was ultimately defeated because he picked a fight with another monster- Russia and Stalin.

Does our modern world have a monster that is the equal of ISIS? In a twisted way...I think this theory is why the Middle East needed some evil dictators. Radical Islam will flourish until another monster defeats it.

A somewhat distasteful theory. We've already seen these monsters in action and there is a reason why we label them monsters. Why you might be interested in trading one monster for an even stronger one seems a bit odd.

He would have allied The Third Reich with ISIS insofar as working toward the common goal of ridding the planet of Jews. There were Muslim SS units during WWII.

Relations between Nazi Germany and the Arab world - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

There were Catholic ones as well. That doesn't make all Catholics natural allies of Fascist Germany.

There were also fascist militia units allied to Nazi Germany that engaged in pogroms against Muslims, particularly in the Balkans and even more particularly out of Croatia.

The existence of potent anti-Islamic nationalist rhetoric in Europe would have made Muslims a prime target for fascist politicking and populist policies so they would have eventually likely been treated the same as the Jews given where that same setting led to for Jewish populations within Germany. We saw this happen with the Bosnian Genocide in Europe so it isn't a very far stretch to insinuate that Germany may have eventually utilized such an approach to Muslim minorities had they stayed so heavily fascist / nationalistic.

Hitler would bomb Mecca, then hunt down as many Muslims as he could, regardless if they be extremist or moderate... and then murder them in the worst ways possible so that fear would prevent them from ever challenging him again.

That's not how I would go about things. I would rather see Christians, Muslims, and Jews united together under a one world religion to attack Mecca, the Vatican, and Jerusalem.

We dealt with the evil of Hitler just fine.

ISIS exists in part because we got rid of Iraq's Hitler- yes strong men like Hitler and Hussein and Stalin all used extreme brutality to put down any perceived threat.

If we are 'too nice to do what may be required' then 'what may be required' would make us like Hitler and Stalin.

ISIS is a relatively minor threat the the West- it is a real threat to the Middle East- Egypt, Jordan, the Gulf States and Iran could deal with ISIS without our help if they want to.

Hitler would have allied with ISIS...they are anti-Jew after all. Or are you a holocaust denier too?

Well most of the middle east is anti jew. But even they are turning on ISIS.

He may have supported them given the importance of Iraq to British oil supplies and perhaps given the fact that in such a world, the Middle East may still be under colonial possession. It's a pretty big speculation to make in general, since a fascist Germany completely throws off the entire political ideological exchange in the area. He my have also sought to court and gain influence in Eastern Europe and elsewhere by labeling Islam in general a plague and targeting it for nationalist populist reasons like we saw happen in post WWII Balkans.

A somewhat distasteful theory. We've already seen these monsters in action and there is a reason why we label them monsters. Why you might be interested in trading one monster for an even stronger one seems a bit odd.

Interesting. But havent we dont exactly that, trading one monster for an even stronger one in ISIS instead of Saddam or even Bin Laden? ISIS is like a virus. They were snakes we could contain. ISIS has no head. It infects the globe.

You make a decent point. But when until I see ME boots on the ground, I will believe they secretly support ISIS.

We dealt with the evil of Hitler just fine.

ISIS exists in part because we got rid of Iraq's Hitler- yes strong men like Hitler and Hussein and Stalin all used extreme brutality to put down any perceived threat.

If we are 'too nice to do what may be required' then 'what may be required' would make us like Hitler and Stalin.

ISIS is a relatively minor threat the the West- it is a real threat to the Middle East- Egypt, Jordan, the Gulf States and Iran could deal with ISIS without our help if they want to.

Had Hitler not picked a fight with Stalin...a bigger monster...he may have won. The dual front destroyed him.

You make a decent point. But when until I see ME boots on the ground, I will believe they secretly support ISIS.

Yeah same here. When those ME countries truly attack ISIS ill believe them.

Hitler would have hunted down and hung ISIS members along with tens of thousands of innocent Muslims he suspected of being ISIS

Interesting. But havent we dont exactly that, trading one monster for an even stronger one in ISIS instead of Saddam or even Bin Laden? ISIS is like a virus. They were snakes we could contain. ISIS has no head. It infects the globe.

We did, in a way, help create ISIS by removing Saddam and largely disbanding the Iraqi army. That allowed them the void and room they needed to establish themselves as AQI then as ISI and the subsequent civil war in Syria allowed them the room to grow further into ISIS. That said, a dictator like Saddam isn't needed in order to prevent their rise. they didn't rise because there wasn't a dictator in power they rose because of the instability that took place after the external dismemberment of the Iraqi government. Political and economic stability and strong state institutions tends to be the key over dictatorship vs. democracy or liberal vs brutal governments. Some of the more brutal governments like Russia in Chechnya were a major impetus in spurring the growth of global and international jihadi ideology so they are particularly damaging in our fight against radical groups due to that.

He would have allied The Third Reich with ISIS insofar as working toward the common goal of ridding the planet of Jews. There were Muslim SS units during WWII.

Relations between Nazi Germany and the Arab world - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

There were Catholic ones as well. That doesn't make all Catholics natural allies of Fascist Germany.

There were also fascist militia units allied to Nazi Germany that engaged in pogroms against Muslims, particularly in the Balkans and even more particularly out of Croatia.

The existence of potent anti-Islamic nationalist rhetoric in Europe would have made Muslims a prime target for fascist politicking and populist policies so they would have eventually likely been treated the same as the Jews given where that same setting led to for Jewish populations within Germany. We saw this happen with the Bosnian Genocide in Europe so it isn't a very far stretch to insinuate that Germany may have eventually utilized such an approach to Muslim minorities had they stayed so heavily fascist / nationalistic.

Really? Please refer me to your source for SS units identified as "Catholic".

New Topics

Forum List

Back