What would happen if the USA automatically stopped sending foreign aid to anyone?

High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA
I was thinking about this over the weekend, what would happen today if the USA just automatically stopped sending foreign aid overseas, to everyone, Israel, Egypt, Pakistan, El Salvador, whoever, even humanitarian aid to places like North Korea and Africa would be pulled, what would the world look like? I predict all kinds of riots and wars breaking out.

Considering most of the money that the federal govt. doles out comes from middle/poor income families in teh US, into the hands of dictators and political elites of the world, I see nothing happening. Maybe a few places will get paranoid such as Israel...wait, they're already paranoid...

I dont se any real change taking place. Except the saved money in the US. Which I'm sure the parasites will find a new way to waste.

Considering most of the money that the federal govt. doles out comes from middle/poor income families in teh US, into the hands of dictators and political elites of the world, I see nothing happening. Maybe a few places will get paranoid such as Israel...wait, they're already paranoid...

I dont se any real change taking place. Except the saved money in the US. Which I'm sure the parasites will find a new way to waste.

The thing is alot of that aid money that goes to places like Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon etc is basically bribe money for them to listen to us and not try any funny business with Israel. The humanitarian aid we give North Korea helps them prop up their regime while they spend their cash on nukes and the Military. I don't know I think some regimes would collapse without the billions we hand out like candy.

That's their problem, not ours. It's not our responsibility to bribe countries to leave Israel alone, or to prop up dictators we "like", or to make people listen to us through bribery. Which, isn't working anyway. Let all of those countries run on their own merit. If they can not, that's their problem.

I was thinking about this over the weekend, what would happen today if the USA just automatically stopped sending foreign aid overseas, to everyone, Israel, Egypt, Pakistan, El Salvador, whoever, even humanitarian aid to places like North Korea and Africa would be pulled, what would the world look like? I predict all kinds of riots and wars breaking out.
A lot of that money ends up supporting brutal dictators, who would be probably overthrown and replaced with brutal dictators.

Difference being that America would no longer be sending taxpayer dollars around the globe to prop brutal dictators and building better enemies for the effort.

Since the money we dole out doesn't make beyond the bank accounts of dictators and political elites of those countries, I doubt we would see any change in attitude from the average citizen of those countries.
It does seem like a worthwile project that I would like to see tried. I imagine the look on some of those politicians faces would be hilarious when they saw that their cash cow had died.

we would have more money to spend at home to get our own house in order

but that's a bad thing according to the moronic politicians.

That's their problem, not ours. It's not our responsibility to bribe countries to leave Israel alone, or to prop up dictators we "like", or to make people listen to us through bribery. Which, isn't working anyway. Let all of those countries run on their own merit. If they can not, that's their problem.

Friendships bought with money mean nothing, I agree.

Since the money we dole out doesn't make beyond the bank accounts of dictators and political elites of those countries, I doubt we would see any change in attitude from the average citizen of those countries.
It does seem like a worthwile project that I would like to see tried. I imagine the look on some of those politicians faces would be hilarious when they saw that their cash cow had died.

We spend alot in humanitarian aid though, in places like Africa and even to our enemy North Korea, if that all stopped today what would happen in your opinion?

What would happen if the USA automatically stopped sending foreign aid to anyone?

The fifth columns and pocket regimes will lose their financial platform and the US will lose it's current empire.

The people will get better chance to restore their states as independent from US.

We spend alot in humanitarian aid though, in places like Africa and even to our enemy North Korea, if that all stopped today what would happen in your opinion?

Not sure what would happen. What I hope would happen is that the people of those countries would hold their governments responsible. This would cause the governments of these countries to re allocate their spending habits.

Forum List

Back