What would happen if the US declared bankruptcy today?

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
What would be the social, political and economical problems/backlash in the US and in the world?
I suppose that the US economy would tank, the federal government would cease to function, and there'd likely be a global market collapse.
Your thoughts???

What would be the social, political and economical problems/backlash in the US and in the world?
I suppose that the US economy would tank, the federal government would cease to function, and there'd likely be a global market collapse.
Your thoughts???
nuclear-survival.jpg

China can get to the US straightaway. If a foreign invasion were on the way, I think it would be hardly possible that some military personnel would work for free for a short time to defend the country. It would be an absolute defeat.

Your thoughts???

why on earth would USA declare bankruptcy when it can print money? Its stupid to think about it, but not stupid to think about if you should be a conservative, libertarian, or lowly liberal..

Are you talking a Chapter 9, municipal bankruptcy like Detroit? Or do you have a 7 in mind trying to make a point? It's a nonsensical question.

Are you talking a Chapter 9, municipal bankruptcy like Detroit? Or do you have a 7 in mind trying to make a point? It's a nonsensical question.

yes which explains why he does not follow up on his OP. I guess he realized it was a little goofy.

Forum List

Back