What will happen if everyone in the US turned against the government?

buddhallah_the_christ

Dec 4, 2014
What I mean is if everyone in our country realizes and sees the corruption in our government and society and decides to stop going to work everyday to pay the government their taxes and bills and stopped shopping at stores and just stopped supporting our gov. to live their lives the way they want to outside of a materialistic world, what would the government do? How would they react when they see the people aren't being fooled by them anymore? I hope i worded this carefully enough. I should add that in my mind none of the people would be attacking the government violently, they would just ignore the government and all the media and focus on happiness, peace and love and living their lives unscheduled and living their dreams. Do u think the government would imprison a bunch of people or even beat and kill people? Or would the government just shut down completely and the people get what they want? Lets say artificial technology wont matter to the people either and everyone starts growing their own natural food.

None of that.

More Americans would stay at home on election day. Maybe all.

Then the entrenched professional politicians would just continue in office, polish their jackboots and chuckle.

Did you know you can really piss off bullies by ignoring them completely? Like not participating in their fantasies? So long as you're prepared to beat the living shit out of them when they take offense at being ignored. And they will give it a shot.

What I mean is if everyone in our country realizes and sees the corruption in our government and society and decides to stop going to work everyday to pay the government their taxes and bills and stopped shopping at stores and just stopped supporting our gov. to live their lives the way they want to outside of a materialistic world, what would the government do? How would they react when they see the people aren't being fooled by them anymore? I hope i worded this carefully enough. I should add that in my mind none of the people would be attacking the government violently, they would just ignore the government and all the media and focus on happiness, peace and love and living their lives unscheduled and living their dreams. Do u think the government would imprison a bunch of people or even beat and kill people? Or would the government just shut down completely and the people get what they want? Lets say artificial technology wont matter to the people either and everyone starts growing their own natural food.

Not gonna happen.

Ask Jonathan Gruber.

See history and what Stalin did to rebellious potato farmers.

Under the promise of communism to each according to his needs from each according to his ability. The state didn't provide much but it was provided to everyone equally. Those who didn't work could still eat. Stalin formed forced labor camps. They worked or died.

We have all seen methods of this happening in the US accidentally.

All parties voted for NAFTA but what resulted was massive job loss. Today, many of these people that use to work all day study all day and learn about the political system and the corruption when they never had the time before.

Everyone should note "Government" isn't the bad guy here. Our Country was founded on Government, not Nihilism.

The problem is the people today don't have a voice over Corporations. Corporations openly buy politicians in hopes to lower regulations or use that politician to sell their product. Via; One of Romney's biggest donors was coal and one of Obama's was Wind energy. We all saw the result and have access to the history of information...Yet some of us don't learn.

Some will work, with the knowledge they could rob you blind. The Ayn Rand 'John Gault' like strike could never happen in real life, as the corporate family model no longer really exists.

Work is the property of corporate interests, not the government, and the individual in a strict legal sense has less rights than a corporation - and limited financial resources.

In the cold war people envisioned a doomsday world with government clawing into their personal lives, they got the reverse. Which is corporations controlling the government, and using their puppets to rule America.

America could start a revolution to be 'free' of such a system, but with who's army, as an armed resistance would be defeated within a month by America's vast military-industrial complex.

The only effective means at our disposal is the democratic system. To give it up would be a mistake, as the US constitution protects the American people from the worst aspects of tyranny.

While I find the policies of the confederacy as deplorable, and I am glad they were not victorious - had the Slave states stayed within the union it is likely some parts of America of today would still be 'half free'

Ayn Rand blah blah blah.

Heat seeker.
Don't you mean John Gault, as Ayn Rand never created characters that weren't literally walking speech boxes for her objectivist philosophy or straw man altruist types.

Also some would draw into question whether Ayn would have a heat signature to lock on to. Her love life sucked too, and she was divorced. :p

There is no way everyone would turn against the government. No matter how bad they get there will always be a large percentage that will feel the need for security outweighs all other considerations. History shows this group to be the wealthy and most of the middle class. The poor are usually the demographic where revolutions spring from and they usually pay the harshest price no matter the circumstances.

There is no way everyone would turn against the government. No matter how bad they get there will always be a large percentage that will feel the need for security outweighs all other considerations. History shows this group to be the wealthy and most of the middle class. The poor are usually the demographic where revolutions spring from and they usually pay the harshest price no matter the circumstances.

Which means the far left drones could never turn against their masters..

As Jonathan Gurber said the American people are too stupid to care about the government.

This government is so out of control that it is too far gone to be fixed through the electorate system.

There are also too many greedy people in this country sucking off the teat of big government for democracy to work to fix things. That list of greedy people not only includes the welfare queens, filthy unions, benefactors of crony capitalism but also things like the farmers getting farm subsidies, Wall Street Bankers, foreign lobbyists and idiotic college professor getting ridiculous research grants to further this AGW scam. The list is very long.

The government will continue to grow. The government will continue to run up debt. The American economy will fail to live up to its potential and over the long run the poverty rate will grow, the welfare rolls will grow and the American middle class will shrink as we have seen during the Obama administration.

Electing Republicans over Democrats is always a good thing to do but the Republicans are only Democrat Light and will continue with big government. Things will only be marginally better with the Republicans.

The only thing we can really do is hit the reset button and start over again. However, the government that takes the place of the existing one may be better for a time but will eventually evolve into bad government due to the greedy and power hungry nature of humans.

New Topics

Forum List

Back