What were your favorite Saturday afternoon television shows as a child?

1614385200226.png

Saturday afternoons here were fishing shows , Hunting shows, American Band Stand. Soul Train, Florida Championship Wrestling with Gordon Sole. Later on was MLB usually the Braves or some other sporting event like track and field, Boxing. Those Saturday morning cartoons bring back memories. My favorite was Johnny Quest. Bugs Bunny and Road Runner.

Looney Tunes and The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show were my favorites. As soon as lunch, we got kicked outside to play.

Another of my would not miss show:

1614443661006.jpg

and to this day still the funniest show EVER on television which will still crack you up:
1614443768705.jpg

Looney Tunes and The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show were my favorites. As soon as lunch, we got kicked outside to play.
Kicked out? We could NOT wait to go out and play in the street! Indian ball was a neighborhood favorite. Kids today do not know the meaning of outside games in the neighborhood.:mad:

I'm old enough that we didn't have a TV when I was a kid. So, I was out riding my bike and doing other kid stuff.

Card trick. I installed a McCullough chainsaw motor on a Banana seat Spyder with a slick and a 3 speed hub. BAD unit. 40 mph ;)

All of those Saturday Morning cartoons and live kid oriented shows was another era that seemed to be peaceful even though the times were not. Today it seems to be worse.

Way back in the day, there used to be a show that came on local TV called "The Eyes of Texas". Nowadays, there are like 7,000 of these types of shows that are shown on regional TV. You know, where the host goes to Hub City to talk to a guy who makes boots by hand or to Centerville to talk to a 90 y/o woman who worked as a welder on the B-29. Anyway, the host was this guy who was about 200 years old named Ray Miller. This is a picture of him as a spry 70 year old:
1614611441449.png

Every weekend I had my chores to do around our house and just about the time I was finishing them up, The Eyes of Texas would come on after the early news cast on Channel 2. Like I said, today these types of shows are a dime a dozen but at the time when we had three TV stations (Channel 2 was he worst signal) it was good to see something that focused on the local area.

Forum List

Back