What way of thinking does the Drug War violate the most, conservatism or liberalism?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
I'm not sure how a true conservative would support a government big enough to control what plants someone grows in their yard.

I'm not sure how a true liberal would support the idea of removing a personal liberty like someone smoking in the privacy of their own home.

So I'm having trouble which idealogy the Drug War lines up with, besides facism, can someone help me?

You need as negative consequence to irresponsible use as there is for alchol in order for legalization of MJ to work.

The solubility of THC is such that there is no way to quantitatively define blood content to gauge intoxication at a given, immediate moment.

You need as negative consequence to irresponsible use as there is for alchol in order for legalization of MJ to work.

The solubility of THC is such that there is no way to quantitatively define blood content to gauge intoxication at a given, immediate moment.

There's no law against drinking myself to death in the privacy of my own home.

Yes I agree driving while intoxicated should be penalized, but doing most any other crime under the influence should bring the same result as doing it completely sober imho.

This is weak... All they need to do is a field sobriety test.

There is no way anyone could ever justify weed being a class 1 drug.... this is a way for the state to control us.

I as a conservative say, leave me the fuck alone! If I want to smoke myself silly.... its none of your damn business! Besides, I have never once heard of anyone dying from a weed overdose :cuckoo:

The drug war is a joke... there are folks in the pen that should be in drug treatment and not incarcerated. We have more people in prison per capita than any other nation. Most are for stupid drug offenses.

So no... I as a conservative hate our drug laws.

The war on Americans who use non-aprovoved recreational substances is unconstitutional. You are right, it is a fascist policy that all sides of the political spectrum (Media, Congress, President, Judicial) supports whole-heartedly.

I'm not sure how a true conservative would support a government big enough to control what plants someone grows in their yard.

I'm not sure how a true liberal would support the idea of removing a personal liberty like someone smoking in the privacy of their own home.

So I'm having trouble which idealogy the Drug War lines up with, besides facism, can someone help me?

It depends on how you want to define conservative. The wookie suiters are not conservatives. THey are narco-libertarians, which makes them second cousins to Bolsheviks by way of anarchists.
True conservatives allow for gov't to legislate for societal good. There is no controlling rule here, nothing you can put on a bumper sticker. So most posters here won't get it. But restraint for the public good consistent with individual liberties, with a bias towards those liberties.

It depends on how you want to define conservative. The wookie suiters are not conservatives. THey are narco-libertarians, which makes them second cousins to Bolsheviks by way of anarchists.
True conservatives allow for gov't to legislate for societal good. There is no controlling rule here, nothing you can put on a bumper sticker. So most posters here won't get it. But restraint for the public good consistent with individual liberties, with a bias towards those liberties.

Say this out loud;

"I want government to control what plants people grow and what they do in the privacy of their own homes, affecting not another soul on the planet."

Then after you hear yourself say that, tell me how that goes along with conservative virtues.

Last edited:

The public good? So if cursing is against the public good, we should just throw them in jail for 5 years? If Slayer music is against the public good, we should ban their CDs and concerts and arrest anyone who listens to them even in the privacy of their own homes? If skimpy or revealing clothing is bad for the public good, we should imprison them for life?

How far are you willing to go to enforce what you believe is a public good? Your political views are global dictatorial totalitarian fascism.

The public good? So if cursing is against the public good, we should just throw them in jail for 5 years? If Slayer music is against the public good, we should ban their CDs and concerts and arrest anyone who listens to them even in the privacy of their own homes? If skimpy or revealing clothing is bad for the public good, we should imprison them for life?

How far are you willing to go to enforce what you believe is a public good? Your political views are global dictatorial totalitarian fascism.

Like I said, it can't be put on a bumper sticker so most people here won't get it.

Like I said, it can't be put on a bumper sticker so most people here won't get it.

The bumper sticker mindset is "Drugs are baaaad, mmmmkay."

Which pretty much sums up your position.

I like the bumper sticker statement, but I agree with Dock.... :confused:

what to do, what to do.... :lol:

Just admit you are in a black or white good or evil mode and anything in between in an indistinguishable gray and we can just go about our merry ways.

Just admit you are in a black or white good or evil mode and anything in between in an indistinguishable gray and we can just go about our merry ways.

It is black and white, make them legal or illegal.

Good or evil isn't accurate though, I absolutely hate weed, I've never used it in my life, can't stand the smell, and I have a character flaw of often judging people once I learned they're a user or if they smell like it. I've gotten better about it but still room to improve.

However that doesn't change the fact that it's an injustice that weed isn't legal.

Good or evil isn't accurate though, I absolutely hate weed, I've never used it in my life, can't stand the smell, and I have a character flaw of often judging people once I learned they're a user or if they smell like it. I've gotten better about it but still room to improve.

However that doesn't change the fact that it's an injustice that weed isn't legal.

Hey if you say so. Whatever, dude.

Hey if you say so. Whatever, dude.

Honestly, no sarcasm at all, that's the best pro-Drug War argument I've ever heard.

Forum List

Back