What was your most HATED job you ever had?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Mine was the carrot conveyor. I am tall, so bending over that damn belt KILLED my back. Picking grapes was no fun either but at least I could sit and scootch. The damn carrot belt? Nope. I think that is why my back is so screwed up today. I think I was in my 20's when I had that job. It sucked, big time.

And yours?

Yah. Epiphany was the only one who made it worth it, cute little 1st grader, blond with brown eyes. Always a smile. Chatted non-stop from the time she got on the bus until she was the last child off. But the rest of 'em? OMG. NEVER again.

Mine was the carrot conveyor. I am tall, so bending over that damn belt KILLED my back. Picking grapes was no fun either but at least I could sit and scootch. The damn carrot belt? Nope. I think that is why my back is so screwed up today. I think I was in my 20's when I had that job. It sucked, big time.

And yours?

I quit one job because I didn't like selling candy and gifts in an upscale shop. It was not enough for me. Other than that, I don't recall hating a job. I made sure I had another one before I quit, though. :thup:

And yours?

Once I worked admittance at a kkk rally. That sucked.

And yours?

Once I worked admittance at a kkk rally. That sucked.
:eek:

I took a job delivering newspapers. I had to be there at 12:30AM and from then until approx 3AM I assembled, rolled and bagged the newspapers for delivery. Then I had to load them into my vehicle and go out on the delivery route until completion which was generally around 5:30AM. On my first day, another person rode with me so that I could learn the route. I'm not a night person, so that was also my last day.

Teacher Consultant in charge of recommendations of teacher hirings or firings. It would just kill me to recommend firing a teacher who spend four years of college preparing for the career and I would take that away. I spent a year mentoring the teacher, but if they could not meet the minimum standards, they just had to be denied a continuing contract.

I loved teaching children and that is so much easier than mentoring teachers who want to be friends with the students instead of an authority figure or do not have the proper background for teaching.

Mine was at this one engineering company that had a "cad coordinator" who liked to play designer. Basically, a cad coordinator is the guy who runs the drafting department. I'm in the engineering group. We were responsible for the entire project that we were assigned.

The problem is, this premadonna thought his group had equal standing with the engineering group. In his eyes, they were just two separate groups under the same roof. So whenever I handed him red-lines to do and they didn't show things the way I wanted them shown, I couldn't make him change it, because he'd go running to the big boss telling him I wasn't following company standards.

I started off trying to work with this prick, but whenever he made executive decisions on "my" project, it was my phone that would ring and I'd get my ass chewed out by the client. I finally had enough and told this guy,
"you just shut up and draw! If I want you to make receptacles look like daisy's and donuts, you better fucking do it!"
About an hour later I was in the big bosses office explaining why I wanted receptacles drawn like donuts. At that point, I didn't care whether I worked there or not, so I let my big boss have to! I told him,
"It's not fair you hold me 100% responsible for the project, but I'm not 100% in control of it. And you allow this guy, who's only worked in this company, doesn't know industry standards, doesn't go to any meetings, doesn't go to any site, doesn't talk to any clients, doesn't know the scope of the project, yet you wanna give him a say so on legally binding contract documents? Let me put it this way, boss, him and his group are so green, the grass is jealous."​
From that moment on, I had to do my own drafting and never had another problem any of my projects for the rest of the time I was there. Which was about 6 months.

This is the biggest reason why I hate the tea party so much. Because they remind me of him. People with no job skills, wanting to run the government. That's like allowing an auto mechanic to perform heart surgery on you.

Last edited:
Same job I have today - working at McDonalds. The abuse we put up with is unbelievable.

Some of you guys had what I would have thought would be good jobs, but it appears that even the best sounding jobs aren't perfect.

Forum List

Back