What Was Your First Success In Life?....

I'm talking about something you did yourself, not a curse god placed upon you. If you dont believe in god then being white is just a recessive gene imparted by mother nature.

Last edited:
Both of my parents died by the time I was 19 years old. I could have sat around and licked my wounds, instead I worked my ass off.

I learned how to do Flambe's in restaurants while going to school. An all male in Tuxes restaurant in Silicon Valley said a woman would never work in there .
It was in a Marriott so when I fought the system, they had to put me in there..lol

They gave me a hard time, but you never let them see you cry..
After a year they all excepted me, and became like my brothers.. A couple of them helped me through some difficult times..I am still friends with them..
Those were really awesome days..

I'm talking about something you did yourself, not a curse god placed upon you. If you dont believe in god then being white is just a recessive gene imparted by mother nature.

I avoided jail, and got a job.

Did you have a hard time avoiding jail? What made that your first success? Did you graduate from Kindergarten?

The only thing I can think of is when I cleaned up a really REALLY bad housing unit of 110 apartments blacklisted by Point Mugu Naval personnel due to the gang wars taking place in it. Matilda and I walked the alley every night, rewarded the children of the gangs when I gave them paint to cover up what their parents painted on the fence in the alley behind the property and the walls of the units themselves as well as the laundry rooms (I supplied the paint and we made it a paint party), kicked out the ones that thought I was too pussy to back up what Matilda and I said we would do (Matilda is my 357 magnum), and in short....wiped it clean and the police department gave me a honorary trophy for clearing up the baddest of the bad neighborhood which took us OFF the blacklist of the Navy that needed that housing.

Yeah. That was my first success, I think.

Did you have a hard time avoiding jail? What made that your first success? Did you graduate from Kindergarten?

Not only did I graduate Kindergarten, but I was top of the class in finger painting. I should have gone to Harvard, but their finger painting class was full.

And you kept fingering yourself, which is why you didn't get in to Harvard, right? ;)

The only thing I can think of is when I cleaned up a really REALLY bad housing unit of 110 apartments blacklisted by Point Mugu Naval personnel due to the gang wars taking place in it. Matilda and I walked the alley every night, rewarded the children of the gangs when I gave them paint to cover up what their parents painted on the fence in the alley behind the property and the walls of the units themselves as well as the laundry rooms (I supplied the paint and we made it a paint party), kicked out the ones that thought I was too pussy to back up what Matilda and I said we would do (Matilda is my 357 magnum), and in short....wiped it clean and the police department gave me a honorary trophy for clearing up the baddest of the bad neighborhood which took us OFF the blacklist of the Navy that needed that housing.

How does that effect who you are now?

Not only did I graduate Kindergarten, but I was top of the class in finger painting. I should have gone to Harvard, but their finger painting class was full.
Did you avoid jail before or after Kindergarten?

Did you avoid jail before or after Kindergarten?

Before. Freak tricycle accident. I'd rather not talk about it. It was a bloodbath.

I joined the US Navy. I went in a worthless long haired loser with no future and I came out a mature adult with a bright future. I went to college, graduated with a BS in Respiratory Care, got my nursing degree, then went to perfusion school, worked my way up in that company to a manager. I am 7 years from retirement, I have a house, a beautiful wife, and 5 daughters. I owe it all to the US Navy.

It seems no one felt they had any successes prior to hitting the age of 18. I will use my example. My auntie is 4 years older than me. She would make me do her homework before I ever entered school. I didnt know I wasnt supposed to be able to do it. That lesson stayed with me for my entire life. There is absolutely nothing I cant learn to do that another human knows.

How does that effect who you are now?
It showed me that the impossible is possible and not to give up when told something can't be done.

Standing up to my sister when I was 5. She was 11. She was very bossy and a bully.
I'm not sure it was really a success as I had to pull a kitchen knife on her to shut her up. She ran out the front door and didn't bother me much after that. So I consider it a success.

It seems no one felt they had any successes prior to hitting the age of 18. I will use my example. My auntie is 4 years older than me. She would make me do her homework before I ever entered school. I didnt know I wasnt supposed to be able to do it. That lesson stayed with me for my entire life. There is absolutely nothing I cant learn to do that another human knows.
Too funny that she made you do her homework...did she turn into a boss later in life?

I would say that earlier that 18 ...I was in the girl scouts and serious was up to my waist in snow going door to door selling the box of cookies for .50 cents...lol I had a whole Sash full of badges..

It has helped my soooooo much in life , being prepared. with my children, camping..gee many thing,

Forum List

Back