What was the specific legislative process undertaken to push the Federal Vaccine Mandate?

Why didn't Biden just do a blanket mandate? What was the motivation to set it at a 100 person limit? Why didn't he just outright mandate it?

Technically, however, he did blanket mandate it. The 100 person limit is likely a way to mandate it without specifically saying those words.

Imagine nearly 70 million unvaccinated, lets say 30 million of those either don't get the vaccine or work for companies less than 100 people. That's 30 million people who will be required to get a weekly test.

The other day, I checked on getting a covid test. What I found was, it wasn't so easy. Where I live, I think they require you to make an appointment, can't remember exactly on that, but, to get the standard test, they said it would take like 7 to 14 days for the results, and if you wanted the rapid test, at least at the place I checked, it was $150.

Point is, imagine the extra backlog that will be created by mandating that 30 million people have to get required weekly testing. And if many of them opt for the rapid test, for some, that will be an extra $600 per month.

Point being, thus is probably not going to be a workable solution. Either because of the extra backlog in testing, or the cost, many people will be forced into getting the vaccine. So, again, why didn't Biden just come out and mandate it. I have a feeling that's going to be coming anyway.
So, just found one walk in clinic who could do the test right away but it's $170 for the rapid test, and $120 if you want to do the long result test.

Found a Walgreens that says they can do the rapid test and it'd free (odd that some charge and some dont) but for them, you have to schedule an appointment, and its usually not same day.

So, it looks like the testing is not going to be easy, time efficient, or cheap.

What is that reason? Everyone seems to think tariffs are a tax.

“ A tariff is a tax imposed by a government of a country or of a supranational union on imports or exports of goods”

Congress gave the president authority to regulate safety in the workplace too.
It appears that congress has given away too much power to the executive branch

There are viruses every where, and Corona has been around for 10,000 plus years that we know of. No one should be afraid of it anymore than they should be afraid of the flu.

Besides that, lefties believe in evolution and survival of the fittest, so most of the slobs that will die off are limp wristed effeminate lefty sissies. So just think of it as a thinning of the herd above and beyond what you dummies do to yourselves at planned parenthood.

This strain of Corona virus was created by the Chinese as a bioweapon. It's a bit more than the flu.

So, just found one walk in clinic who could do the test right away but it's $170 for the rapid test, and $120 if you want to do the long result test.

Found a Walgreens that says they can do the rapid test and it'd free (odd that some charge and some dont) but for them, you have to schedule an appointment, and its usually not same day.

So, it looks like the testing is not going to be easy, time efficient, or cheap.
Just got tested tonight. Had a friend test positive and was concerned. Insurance covered it completely

Offering the testing option made it it not a vaccine mandate; that is, you can get a test every week as an option. To go the testing route, you got to have an awfully strong conviction about vaccinations. Getting tested weekly is a pain in the ass. Although tests are free, if you need a rapid test, it cost $100 or more.

For the first time, I had to show my vaccination card. A couple of bars and a restaurant started asking for vaccination cards but since I didn't patronize them I wasn't effected. Of all places it was my dentist who required vaccination or test. He said in a letter a few weeks ago, that to enter the office you had to have either a negative covid test within 72 hours or show your vaccination card. Since I was vaccinated it was not problem. I just showed the receptionist my card and she put it in the computer.

i really don't know what all the fuss is about. You get jabbed once or twice and may feel kind of shitty the next day and your done.

This strain of Corona virus was created by the Chinese as a bioweapon. It's a bit more than the flu.
I really don't give a damn whether the virus came from a bat, was released by a virology lab accidentally or on purpose or you shit it out your ass. I just want to see the country get back to normal. My kid brother owns a small restaurant and another year like this one will wipe him out. My wife wants to take one good trip before we die which is not long off, and that ain't going to happen until we lick this virus.

This would appear to be the impact of a nation that teaches less and less of their constitution and role of government to their citizens and more of activism, BLM and other woke ideas of division.

You are following the Canadian system of governance, and your nation and citizens will be far worse for it.
People are saying fk the demofks

So much of the edicts and openings and closings have no law to support them.
New laws have to be legislated and passed. These executive orders from President to town councils are entirely dependent upon Americans good will. Now that both CDC and FDA are bundled up in knots about what works on who and when , our resolve as thinkers is bolstered. Your scolding guilt tripping hysteria is losing steam rapidly

So much of the edicts and openings and closings have no law to support them.
New laws have to be legislated and passed. These executive orders from President to town councils are entirely dependent upon Americans good will. Now that both CDC and FDA are bundled up in knots about what works on who and when , our resolve as thinkers is bolstered. Your scolding guilt tripping hysteria is losing steam rapidly
For federal government workers, the president certainly has a right to require vaccinations or testing weekly. For private business, maybe not. However, the president order is encouraging businesses to require vaccination or testing. The following business are requiring vaccinations and thousands of other will follow, Amtrak, Anthem, Ascension Health, AT&T, Bank of America. BlackRock, Capital One, Cardinal Health, Centene Corporation, Chevron, Cisco Systems, Citigroup, CNN, Cox Communications, CVS, Delta Airlines, Deloitte, Eli Lilly, Facebook, Ford Motors, Frontier Airlines, Goldman Sach, Google, Hawaii Airlines, Hess, Jefferies Financial Group, Johnson & Johnson, Kraft Heinz, Lyft, McDonald’s, Microsoft, Moderna, Morgan Stanley, Netflix, Northwestern Mutual, Pfizer, Royal BankTD Bank of Canada, Saks Fifth Avenue, Tyson Foods, Uber Technologies, Union Square Hospitality Group, United Airlines, UPS, Walgreens, Walt Disney, and The Washington Post.

This list was as on Aug 30th. The numbers of companies requiring vaccinations have increased significantly in last two weeks and will continue to increase.

Offering the testing option made it it not a vaccine mandate; that is, you can get a test every week as an option. To go the testing route, you got to have an awfully strong conviction about vaccinations. Getting tested weekly is a pain in the ass. Although tests are free, if you need a rapid test, it cost $100 or more.

For the first time, I had to show my vaccination card. A couple of bars and a restaurant started asking for vaccination cards but since I didn't patronize them I wasn't effected. Of all places it was my dentist who required vaccination or test. He said in a letter a few weeks ago, that to enter the office you had to have either a negative covid test within 72 hours or show your vaccination card. Since I was vaccinated it was not problem. I just showed the receptionist my card and she put it in the computer.

i really don't know what all the fuss is about. You get jabbed once or twice and may feel kind of shitty the next day and your done.
There is no big deal, I'm vaccinated. I was making the point that, Biden, while not actually saying the words, did enact a blanket mandate. There are currently about 70 million unvaccinated, even if 40 million of those decide to go ahead and get vaccinated, the remaining 30 million would technically have no choice, because the weekly testing option is not going to be feasible for most people and most companies.

Currently, if you get the normal test, there is a 1 to 2 week wait for the results. Add another 30 million WEEKLY tests and your wait will probably double.

If you choose the rapid test, I don't know if insurance will always pay for it. If it doesn't, it will be cost prohibitive for most people. The rapid test is not as accurate either. I was reading today that the rapid test has a high risk of giving a false negative.

I think Biden was trying to get a complete mandate, without actually calling for a complete mandate. I'm just not sure why he didn't just go ahead and do it.

Doesnt it seem like this should be something debated on the floor of Congress and voted on?

We do not have a constitutional republic. We are living in an oligarchy. Those who run industry are running the country.
Especially when this is taken into consideration
1631969038496.png

All the time you spend making quarters in the Greyhound station mens room is bound to transmit something to you....
You have a "rich" and disturbing fantasy life.

I suggest you cease the personal attacks

New Topics

Forum List

Back