What was the real cowboy music like?

Lol, what the he'll are talking about? Huge cattle drives as you started the thread about did not happen in the colonies.
I have been reading a lot about this lately. The British rednecks were not given a move to settle in new France, there is a document

I would think real Cowboy music had its roots in cattle drives and gunslinger ballads. Here are a couple videos that are sung by more contemporary artists.

John Lomax and Alan Lomax preserved a lot of old cowboy, folk and blues tunes while traveling around the country with a 300 lb recording system in their car.

I would think real Cowboy music had its roots in cattle drives and gunslinger ballads. Here are a couple videos that are sung by more contemporary artists.

John Lomax and Alan Lomax preserved a lot of old cowboy, folk and blues tunes while traveling around the country with a 300 lb recording system in their car.

This we have already found out. It was the genre of "Western Music"

This we have already found out. It was the genre of "Western Music"
OK what do you have? Post links, might be interesting. The last tune there in my link was collected by John Lomax in the 1900s.

These are only those who were resettled by Rusvelt, mostly descendants of the Paleo-Eskimos of Na-Dene

No, these are the Native Americans in the US. And they were not resettled by Roosevelt. The resettlement started with Adrew Jackson so the whites could have the land.

The cavalry always has this kind of music, with a strong romantic overtone. The hussars had romances and so on.

No one knows about real history, history has been rewritten. I'm just trying to figure out the truth. My premonition came true. Now country is trying to pass off as cowboy music, I never trusted that. And I guessed. Country music is not cowboy music. And even apparently the banjo is not a cowboy instrument, cowboys played guitars, apparently.
Very mostly true, but ... We still have plenty of songs floating around from those days. It's not popular music anymore, per se....but we all kind of know it. It's stuff not unlike Oh, Susanna, Jimmy Cracked Corn, etc....with some variations in style. Bluegrass also would figure into the equation...but truly Western cowboy music would be similar but different.

Forum List

Back