What unit is considered to be the strongest unit in the US armed forces?

TDontTouchMyCigars

Gold Member
Jan 27, 2020
I read a lot about the Navy Seals and Delta force, but couldn't really tell which unit is more ' Elite '.
[ for example, at 2011 those were the Seals (from team 6 ) to take down Osama Bin Laden, but at 2019 Delta force were the ones to take down the Head of ISIS ]

I hope you all can make it more simple :)

1601327260911.png

The US Marines are the best service, the SEALS are probably the best special forces since they encompass all aspects of warfare. Delta force is a conglomerate of special forces they take from every services.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
You know what the difference is between a Marine and a bucket of shit?

The bucket...

J/K!!!

The US Marines are the best service, the SEALS are probably the best special forces since they encompass all aspects of warfare. Delta force is a conglomerate of special forces they take from every services.
Where is it harder to get in, Delta or Navy seals?

Navy Seals are special weapons operators that a person can join provided they qualify physically and mentally..
Delta Force is a highly secret group used for clandestine operations. Members are hand picked. You cannot apply to join them. Very little is know about them, or the secret missions in various countries they have been used. ... :cool:

Where is it harder to get in, Delta or Navy seals?
Since Delat recruits from other services I don't think they have a course, they just recruit from everyone elses special forces.

Strongest? The strongest, without question, are the USAF's three missile wings, each composed of three squadrons with 50 Minuteman III missiles each.

In compliance with the New START Treaty of 2011, each missile is fitted with only one warhead, the 300-475 kiloton W87 thermonuclear warhead. The Minuteman is capable of launching 10 such warheads.

That's 450 warheads. 450 cities. The most lethal of all US military forces.

We would sit on a high balcony at the BOQ at NAB Coronado, and watch the distant beach where the SEAL candidates were going through hell week. While enjoying a cold beverage, of course. And being glad that it wasn't us out there.

Strongest? The strongest, without question, are the USAF's three missile wings, each composed of three squadrons with 50 Minuteman III missiles each.

In compliance with the New START Treaty of 2011, each missile is fitted with only one warhead, the 300-475 kiloton W87 thermonuclear warhead. The Minuteman is capable of launching 10 such warheads.

Do you know the Samson option?

We would sit on a high balcony at the BOQ at NAB Coronado, and watch the distant beach where the SEAL candidates were going through hell week. While enjoying a cold beverage, of course. And being glad that it wasn't us out there.
Isn't hell week in Virginia?

Yup.

Yup.
Do you believe the world will witness a Nuclear war? Not necessarily between the superpowers

[ I'd think there are more chances of Pakistan - India or maybe Israel Iran, if things are getting out of control. we need to remember that Israel has positioned its Jericho 3 missiles towards Egypt at 73', Mostly to inform the USSR and to push the US to support Israel as a counterweight to the USSR support to the arabs ]

May I ask which actually work for the benefit of American citizens ? That would be the US COAST guard....or are they still considered dept of transportation ?

Space Force is Bad Ass!

Last edited:
May I ask which actually work for the benefit of American citizens ? That would be the US COAST guard....or are they still considered dept of transportation ?

Well the Navy seals have rescued many American hostages all over the world. I'd call that a service.

I read a lot about the Navy Seals and Delta force, but couldn't really tell which unit is more ' Elite '.
[ for example, at 2011 those were the Seals (from team 6 ) to take down Osama Bin Laden, but at 2019 Delta force were the ones to take down the Head of ISIS ]

I hope you all can make it more simple :)

View attachment 394184

US Army military intelligence Long Range Surveillance Detachments, which are now largely defunct. Then again, I am a bit biased toward LRSD.

What does "strongest" mean in military terms? Some military units are equipped with awesome weapons. Some units are trained in long range recon patrols. Some units are trained to repel water borne enemies and recon for amphibious landings. A single modern US aircraft carrier has more destructive potential than many countries in the world. What you are talking about is pop-culture reputation mostly based on media hype and movies.

Forum List

Back