What Trump got right about the post9-11 world.

Not to be redundant, and not that this hasn't been posted time after time on the messageboard.
It just seems that the liberals willfully ignore the facts, but here it is for you once again.
Trump wanted to get out the proper way with putting stipulations on the Taliban, removing citizens. equipment,
and then the troops. Biden on the otherhand......and the world was watching the clusterfuck go down.

What a Difference - Watch How Donald Trump Dealt With the Taliban

Trump conversation with Taliban leaders prior to withdrawal: “I will hold you responsible if any of the red lines were broken during our withdrawal.” Trump reminded of the Democrat favorite, Suleiman. Biden was the voice against killing Bin Laden. Point made. Fear and respect for Trump.

I'm hardly unique in thinking of it, but I continue to be struck by the vietnam similarities. WE had to stay in vietnam to show we were "tough" on communism. Both pullouts were images of debacle and betrayed allies left behind. But getting out of Vietnam set the stage for Carter and then Reagan making our final confrontation with the Soviets. I'm not pessimistic about it. I'm pessimistic about the loss of souls who would have had longer lives.

Vietnam absolutely sucked. But it did teach a generation (and imo Trump) that our govt makes decisions that intentionally hurt you and others simply because of political expediency, and for the self-interest of venal politicians. Like everyone else, I measure myself against my parents. I think my govt is potentially a deadly enemy with goals adverse to my health and well-being. My parents disagreed. LOL. Not all boomers got that message. W obviously .... obliviously. I voted for him, and never saw that coming.

But I'm not sure the Millennials got that lesson. Imo the all volunteer army is not totally a good thing. It makes it too easy to stay in a war. The professional officer corp in a volunteer force may not be as hesitant to see young children killed because ... war can be a career builder, and the officers are trained to salute and get on with what they think may be a bad idea.. The kids who join up to get the benefits for a tour of service are expendable, because they and their families don't have economic or political power.
At what price did Biden get it done? :rolleyes-41:
13 dead is not a small price, but ..... it cudda been worse. All this crap about "loss of prestige" is just crap. Afghan stopped being about hunting terrorists a long time ago.

What a Difference - Watch How Donald Trump Dealt With the Taliban

Trump conversation with Taliban leaders prior to withdrawal: “I will hold you responsible if any of the red lines were broken during our withdrawal.” Trump reminded of the Democrat favorite, Suleiman. Biden was the voice against killing Bin Laden. Point made. Fear and respect for Trump.

before or after he was told he couldn't have a photo op with them at Camp David breaking bread?

before or after he was told he couldn't have a photo op with them at Camp David breaking bread?

Here's your remedial.

1.We will withdraw our civilians first

2. Then we will bring out our allies civilians

3. Next, the Afghans who aided us, the interpreters

4. Only then, will we draw out our US troops.

5. This will be done at Bagram Military Airbase, a fully defensible airport.

Under Biden: “The Bagram district governor, Darwish Raufi, expressed irritation with not being included in the process. He said in a statement that the U.S. military left “without coordinating with security and defense forces and in general without coordinating” with the Afghan government and officials in Bagram district.” https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2021/07/02/bagram-afghanistan-biden-war/

6. Democrat Planning: “Fears Rise About Safety of Afghan Airport as U.S. Warns Americans to Stay Away” https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/21/world/asia/Afghanistan-Kabul-airport-evacuations.html

‘Trapped in hell’: Kabul airport chaos casts doubt on US promise of safe evacuation”

“Hamid Karzai International Airport where thousands of would-be evacuees are being stopped from reaching the safety of U.S. military protection. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said that the 5,000-plus American servicemembers at the airfield “don’t have the capability to go out and extend operations currently into Kabul” to provide safe passage for American citizens or foreign allies traveling there.” Few answers for Afghan evacuees seeking safe passage to Kabul airport

7. What a Difference - Watch How Donald Trump Dealt With the Taliban

8. Trump conversation with Taliban leaders prior to withdrawal: “I will hold you responsible if any of the red lines were broken during our withdrawal.” Trump reminded of the Democrat favorite, Suleiman. Biden was the voice against killing Bin Laden. Point made. Fear and respect for Trump.

9. “UK Parliament Holds Joe Biden in Contempt and the Details Are Disturbing The embarrassment on the world stage continues under Joe Biden. Following the total collapse of Afghanistan and while in the midst of an ongoing, dangerously chaotic evacuation, the UK Parliament has voted to hold the President of the United States in contempt.” UK Parliament Holds Joe Biden in Contempt and the Details Are Disturbing

10. Under the Democrats, $billion in equipment and classified material was left to the Taliban.

Donald Trump: (11:20)
So they weren’t fulfilling their obligations and condition, but here’s… Just to finish. The people come out first, then I was going to take all of the military equipment. We have billions and billions of dollars worth of new Black Hawk helicopters, brand new that Russia now will be examining and so will China and so will everybody else to figure it, because it’s the greatest in the world.

Donald Trump: (11:42)
We have brand new army tanks and all sorts of equipment, missiles. We have everything. I was going to take it out because I knew they weren’t going to fight. Just one thing, and I have to say, and this is different from everyone else. I said, “Why are they fighting? Why are these Afghan soldiers fighting against the Taliban?” And I was told some very bad information by a lot of different people. Donald Trump Sean Hannity Interview on Afghanistan August 17: Transcript

I saw this in politco this morning - interviews with W admin and others - as to what we got right and wrong.

And don't get me wrong, imo Trump was and is unsuited for the office, but that doesn't mean he was wrong about or for policy, he was more right than the three before him. And he was right about other stuff too, but thats's OT. That's no diss, btw, a lot of people have good ideas, but lack the temperament. Goldwater, Mitt Romney's dad, Jeanne Kilpatrick .... Pat Buchanan.

We never should have invaded Iraq over 9-11 because Iraq had nothing to do with it, nor did Iran for that matter. When Trump was president we were STILL fighting the spawn of the Sunni losers in Iraq who were ISIS in Syria. W actually made the 9-11 situation worse in creating more terrorists (its better to fight em there than here. LOL. How about not creating them to have fight them in the first place.) Trump wanted an end to that crap.

Trump also somehow knew, deep down, that Nato is lost. It's purpose was to defeat the Soviets. Like all institutions it seeks to live on in perpetuity. Reagan was certainly right in noting that whenever govt creates something, it's pretty impossible to shut it down. We still have the Tenn Valley Authority for god's sake.

The EU through Nato became embroiled in Afghan. W started out by starving that war for his Iraq misadventure. W plainly said we'd be in Afghan for a LONG time to nation build. the US has NEVER succeeded in that. Western europe rebuilt itself with US help after WWII, but they built their own societies, and they were democratically inclined anyway. Even the Soviets had "elections." Outside of Egypt, which was run by the Brit Empire (which was actually GOOD at nationbuilding) there aren't many democracies over there, and both Egypt and Iraq don't function as multi-ethincic/religious republics)

We shudda pulled the plug on Afgan when Obama was potus. I've wondered why he stayed. It was for nation building and the women, no doubt. And Biden was inconsistent back then. But would Obama have stayed if the EU and Nato were not so heavily invested with military and money? I don't know. It's odd that he pulled the plug on Iraq immediately, but lingered for 8 years in Afghan. And he's a muslim(-:

Trump knew we had to get out of there. He also knew Nato doesn't really serve a purpose. And in the end, it may be like all the European Alliances that led to WWI. It should have just been a regional conflict with Serbia and Austria.
The people of Iraq undoubedly prefer the government of Iraq in 2021. The Iraq invasion was an act of goodness.

The world should not tolerate tyrants.

I had no doubt someone was going post lies either dumping on Trump or fellating him. Enjoy PC, and pucker up

What a disgusting response to a well documented post that you were unable to deny or refute.

Your sort.....poorly brought up low-lives.

He did do something.
Again...why didn't your blob get us out?
Are you ashamed of the dementia ridden puppet with the way he handled the exit?
Ashamed? No. He should have handled it better. He fucked up the withdraw. See...when you're not in a cult...you can actually criticize the person you voted for. You should try it.

Now...tell us why your blob couldn't do in 4 years what Joe did in 6 months?

Again...why didn't your blob get us out?

Ashamed? No. He should have handled it better. He fucked up the withdraw. See...when you're not in a cult...you can actually criticize the person you voted for. You should try it.

Now...tell us why your blob couldn't do in 4 years what Joe did in 6 months?
Trump drew down the military presence to 2,500 from where your messiah has escalated the region.
Not one US death in 18 months. Negotiated a stipulated timeline which needed to be met.
You dementia ridden puppet gets in and created a clusterfuck. You should be ashamed of your tribe.

He did do something.
Are you ashamed of the dementia ridden puppet with the way he handled the exit?
Eh, all the Americans will get out. 13 dead, not to dismiss their sacrafice.

But seriously, it is not THAT bad.

I'm surprised by the large number of afghans we took out. There are 45K on miliary bases in the US. I'm not sure how that will work out. Turning part of Mich into "little Somalia" has not yet proven a success.

Trump drew down the military presence to 2,500 from where your messiah has escalated the region.
Not one US death in 18 months. Negotiated a stipulated timeline which needed to be met.
You dementia ridden puppet gets in and created a clusterfuck. You should be ashamed of your tribe.

And when he was voted out of office and got his ass kicked in a landslide loss; the troops were still there.

Again...why couldn't your blob do in 4 years what Joe did in 6 months? Answer the question sonny.

And when he was voted out of office and got his ass kicked in a landslide loss; the troops were still there.

Again...why couldn't your blob do in 4 years what Joe did in 6 months? Answer the question sonny.
You asked and I answered. You want to ignore it, by all means, that is your God given right.

You asked and I answered. You want to ignore it, by all means, that is your God given right.
Yeah, you said he drew the troops down and singed a withdraw agreement.

You didn't say why it took him 4 years to make zero progress when it took President Biden 6 months.

Forum List

Back