What think ye? Is the resurrection of Jesus Christ permanent? What about the resurrection of all mankind?

With Jesus coming to this earth as a man and resurrecting with his immortal body of flesh and bones to have the image of a man, and also before he was come in the flesh he appeared to Moses as having the features of a man:

Exodus 33:21-23
21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Here we see that the premortal Jehovah, the Great I AM, who later came to this earth as Jesus Christ, has a hand, a face, and back parts.

Can we not see that the image of God is in the form of a man? Thus we see a more concrete meaning in the following verses:

Genesis 1:27
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 9:6
6 Whoso sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Matthew 16:27-28
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

When Jesus calls himself the Son of Man, is it really only because he is the son of Mary or could it be that God the Father is a man himself? If Jesus who in the brightness of his Father's glory is also the express image of his person, then Jesus being a resurrected man with a body of flesh and bones who always has been manifest as a man, would that not tell us that God the Father is also in the form of a man? If Jesus is the express image of the Father's person, and we all are created in the image of God, would not God the Father have a face, hands, back parts, be able to sit on a throne, and have his son stand on his right side?

Acts 7:54-56
54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

If we are the literal offspring of God the Father, it makes sense that we would be created in his image and likeness?

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Because we are the literal offspring of God, he has called us gods. We are the literal children of God.

Psalm 82:6

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John 10:34
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

In short, if we are the literal offspring of God and therefore called gods by Jesus himself, and we are created in the very image and likeness of God, would you not think that God looks like us? If Jesus is the express image of the person of God the Father, would you not think that God looks like us? If Jesus is resurrected with a body of flesh and bones and looks like he did on the earth except coupled with glory, is he not an exalted man? And again, if Jesus is the express image of the person of the Father, what do you expect the Father to look like? Before coming to this earth, God the Father had spirit children of which Jesus was the firstborn among many brethren.

Romans 8:29
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Hebrews 1:6
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Jesus was the firstborn among many brethren, and those other brethren were those of us who have come to this earth and received bodies. We existed before coming to this earth as the spirit children of God. See the following link:

Premortal Existence as taught in the Bible

Hebrews 12:9

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Last edited:
Jesus was resurrected. Do you believe that his resurrection is permanent? In other words, will Jesus retain a resurrected body for all eternity to come? What about everyone else? Will their resurrection be permanent for all eternity to come?

All of those who resurrected that it will be permanent. . Because our soul is a part of God who is eternal.

The soul cannot die or sleep. When we fall asleep, the soul leaves the body and explores other realms. That is why you dream. It is actually your soul traveling through different dimensions during that period as the body rests. That is why God or His helpers only communicated with the prophets and others while they were asleep, except for a few who can see both realms while awake.

But God has given us a choice to choose where you want to spend eternity. God prepared a place for all souls. The corrupted souls go to a place where they cannot destroy anything. And that will be at the center of the earth. In order for any soul to destroy something. That they will need a physical body. That these corrupted souls and the devils will be living in torment forever because they will be locked away forever where they cannot cause harm. That they will be begging for a great chunk of the earth to fall on them but they cannot be destroyed.

In this verse, they had softened the blow so that evil doers will not be scared into submission. That they used the word contempt instead of what it actually said that they will live in everlasting horror and disgrace.

Daniel 12:2
Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Revelation 6:16
They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!

Matthew 25:46
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Job 19:25
I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth.

Matthew 25:41
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Job 33:15
In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they slumber in their beds,

Matthew 26:41

“Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

John 13:37
Peter asked, “Lord, why can’t I follow you now? I will lay down my life for you.”

Matthew 26:45

Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour has come, and the Son of Man is delivered into the hands of sinners.

We'll see the same body that Thomas saw. We will see every scar. That is the body He will keep for eternity, and why the Jews will weep bitter tears at the sight:

And then shall the Lord set his foot upon this mount, and it shall cleave in twain, and the earth shall tremble, and reel to and fro, and the heavens also shall shake.
And the Lord shall utter his voice, and all the ends of the earth shall hear it; and the nations of the earth shall mourn, and they that have laughed shall see their folly.

And calamity shall cover the mocker, and the scorner shall be consumed; and they that have watched for iniquity shall be hewn down and cast into the fire.
And then shall the Jews look upon me and say: What are these wounds in thine hands and in thy feet?
Then shall they know that I am the Lord; for I will say unto them: These wounds are the wounds with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. I am he who was lifted up. I am Jesus that was crucified. I am the Son of God.

And then shall they weep because of their iniquities; then shall they lament because they persecuted their king

Who is Zechariah talking to in Zechariah 14:4 ?

Zc 14 was fulfilled in the Maccabean Wars of the 2nd century B.C. During this war the Maccabees successfully fought off the Seleucid Empire after Antiochus Epiphanies entered Jerusalem, desecrated its temple and forced the Jews to stop practicing the Law.

“I will gather ALL NATIONS to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured.” (Zc 14:2)

“Half the city will be exiled, but the rest will not be taken from it.” (Zc 14:2)

“THE MT OF OLIVES WILL BE SPLIT IN 2.” (Zc 14:4)

Last edited:

Zc 14 was fulfilled in the Maccabean Wars of the 2nd century B.C. During this war the Maccabees successfully fought off the Seleucid Empire after Antiochus Epiphanies entered Jerusalem, desecrated its temple and forced the Jews to stop practicing the Law.

“I will gather ALL NATIONS to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured.” (Zc 14:2)

“Half the city will be exiled, but the rest will not be taken from it.” (Zc 14:2)

According to dates mentioned in chapters 1–8, Zechariah was active from 520 to 518 bc. A contemporary of the prophet Haggai in the early years of the Persian period, Zechariah shared Haggai’s concern that the Temple of Jerusalem be rebuilt.

We'll see the same body that Thomas saw. We will see every scar. That is the body He will keep for eternity, and why the Jews will weep bitter tears at the sight:

And then shall the Lord set his foot upon this mount, and it shall cleave in twain, and the earth shall tremble, and reel to and fro, and the heavens also shall shake.
And the Lord shall utter his voice, and all the ends of the earth shall hear it; and the nations of the earth shall mourn, and they that have laughed shall see their folly.

And calamity shall cover the mocker, and the scorner shall be consumed; and they that have watched for iniquity shall be hewn down and cast into the fire.

And then shall the Jews look upon me and say: What are these wounds in thine hands and in thy feet?
Then shall they know that I am the Lord; for I will say unto them: These wounds are the wounds with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. I am he who was lifted up. I am Jesus that was crucified. I am the Son of God.

And then shall they weep because of their iniquities; then shall they lament because they persecuted their king

All the scars that were left on Jesus' body were left behind for a reason.

Every time when the Jews make a blood covenant. That they had pierced the palm of their hand and wrapped it with a cloth, letting others know that they are under a covenant with someone. They have to keep the wound from healing while under this covenant.

And Jesus was also the symbol of the Altar that stands at the entrance of the tabernacle. Blood must be splashed on the side of the altar before entering.

And the son of God was their way to describe a ghostly figure or spirit. Son of man was their way to describe a physical man. And son means brought forth from or came from. Like in the vision Washington had. The Angel called him "Son of the Republic" because he is a part of the new republic.
But we all will be sons of God, spiritual beings. Circumcised from the flesh.

But God does give us visions during the night. And He has given me a dream on how it will feel to be in His presence. All of our worldly desires will be washed away. That we use these desires to comfort our physical bodies. But being in the presence of God comforts our souls like moths is comforted by the light of the flame.

Physical comfort lasts momentarily. That it only soothes our cravings for the body but not the soul. But the unseen comforts like Kodak's moments soothes the souls.
We are dependent on physical things for comfort. But the real comfort comes from God. And that is how we know when God is near us. David knew that all the things that he had wasn't truly comforting him. And that is why God kept him to work through his bloodline after he committed a major sin. It is because he acknowledges who God is.

Job 19:26
And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

1 Corinthians 15:40
There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another.

2 Corinthians 4:18
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Leviticus 1:5
You are to slaughter the young bull before the Lord, and then Aaron’s sons the priests shall bring the blood and splash it against the sides of the altar at the entrance to the tent of meeting.

John 10:9
I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Jeremiah 8:18
You who are my Comforter in sorrow, my heart is faint within me.

Psalm 51:11
Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.

Hosea 6:6
For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

Was mankind capable in the 2nd century bc of destroying all life on earth? Because that is the scenario that brings Christ back.
Was there one global government? With one global leader? What was China doing while Antiochus and the Maccabees were having at it? Which of those two you mentioned governed China? It's part of the globe too.
Did Antiochus suffer a mortal head wound and survive it to go on and rule the entire world?
Was he the one who marked everybody on their forehead or right hand? What did he mark them with?
And the 2 dead prophets, that were killed and left in the street while being watched worldwide, who will rise after 3 and 1/2 days. Was it Moses and Elijah or Elijah and Enoch?
Was the Gospel of Christ being preached worldwide in the second century BC?
And where is He? Jesus I mean. He's suppose to be here if all this has already taken place.

surda, it is, When you see these thingS. Not one or the other. Apparently, you believe end time prophesy, because you think it has been fulfilled, but your timing is off. They are beginning to happen now. And like birth pangs, they will increase in frequency and intensity.

Was mankind capable in the 2nd century bc of destroying all life on earth? Because that is the scenario that brings Christ back.
Was there one global government? With one global leader? What was China doing while Antiochus and the Maccabees were having at it? Which of those two you mentioned governed China? It's part of the globe too.
Did Antiochus suffer a mortal head wound and survive it to go on and rule the entire world?
Was he the one who marked everybody on their forehead or right hand? What did he mark them with?
And the 2 dead prophets, that were killed and left in the street while being watched worldwide, who will rise after 3 and 1/2 days. Was it Moses and Elijah or Elijah and Enoch?
Was the Gospel of Christ being preached worldwide in the second century BC?
And where is He? Jesus I mean. He's suppose to be here if all this has already taken place.

surda, it is, When you see these thingS. Not one or the other. Apparently, you believe end time prophesy, because you think it has been fulfilled, but your timing is off.

Nero had the head wound. His likeness was on the Roman coin which was used all over the Roman Empire.

Antiochus defiled the Temple with the first abomination of desolation. He was hell bent to turn the Jews into Greeks.

They didn't know about China. Their whole world was the Roman Empire.

Futurism arrived with the backlash to science, education and modernity in the very early 1900s.

When the two witnesses have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will wage war with them, and will overpower and kill them. 8 Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city— figuratively called Sodom and Egypt— where their Lord was also crucified. 9For three and a half days all peoples and tribes and tongues and nations will view their bodies and will not permit them to be laid in a tomb.…
Berean Study Bible

Last edited:
And yet, end time prophesy says the same man that receives the head wound is the same man that defiles the Temple. You have 2 men.
How did Nero glue his coins to his subjects foreheads or right hands? The prophesy is very specific for a reason. So you wouldn't confuse a mark on a specific part of a person's body for a coin, carried in a pouch.

Who didn't know about China, Germany, South Africa? If the Romans knew about North Africa, they knew about South Africa. The Romans couldn't conquer Germany, but they knew about it. Empire and world are 2 completely different things. A caveman's cave was the world to him, but it wasn't the world.

You bypass prophesy that doesn't fit your narrative, like the gospel being preached worldwide. That required satellites in space. You can't leave that part out.

Futurism arrived with the Old Testament prophets.

What you call land, Egypt and Sodom, Christ called prophets. When was Sodom ever considered a prophet of God's? And it wasn't raised in 3 and 1/2 days. It's still gone. Was their Lord crucified in Egypt and Sodom? Or are we talking about one place?
Christ was referring to 2 dead people. That lie in the street, < (What is street suppose to mean figuratively?) in Israel, where their Lord was crucified.
How did ALL people, AND tribes, AND tongues, AND nations watch anything for 3 and 1/2 days without the advent of the television and satellites? CNN, the BBC, and ALJAZEERA will fulfill that prophesy.

If the Anti-Christ is the Roman Empire, Where is Jesus, who defeats him? When was Christ's millennium reign here on earth? These are all parts of the same storyline that you believe parts of existed and was fulfilled. You can't leave some of them out.

End Time prophesy isn't spread over a long span like you have it. When it starts, it goes quickly. And culminates in the revealing of Christ. If He's not here, sitting in a Temple, in Israel, then it hasn't happened yet.

Last edited:
And yet, end time prophesy says the same man that receives the head wound is the same man that defiles the Temple. You have 2 men.
How did Nero glue his coins to his subjects foreheads or right hands? The prophesy is very specific for a reason. So you wouldn't confuse a mark on a specific part of a person's body for a coin, carried in a pouch.

Who didn't know about China, Germany, South Africa? If the Romans knew about North Africa, they knew about South Africa. The Romans couldn't conquer Germany, but they knew about it. Empire and world are 2 completely different things. A caveman's cave was the world to him, but it wasn't the world.

You bypass prophesy that doesn't fit your narrative, like the gospel being preached worldwide. That required satellites in space. You can't leave that part out.

Futurism arrived with the Old Testament prophets.

What you call land, Egypt and Sodom, Christ called prophets. When was Sodom ever considered a prophet of God's? And it wasn't raised in 3 and 1/2 days. It's still gone. Was their Lord crucified in Egypt and Sodom? Or are we talking about one place?
Christ was referring to 2 dead people. That lie in the street, < (What is street suppose to mean figuratively?) in Israel, where their Lord was crucified.
How did ALL people, AND tribes, AND tongues, AND nations watch anything for 3 and 1/2 days without the advent of the television and satellites? CNN, the BBC, and ALJAZEERA will fulfill that prophesy.

If the Anti-Christ is the Roman Empire, Where is Jesus, who defeats him? When was Christ's millennium reign here on earth? These are all parts of the same storyline that you believe existed and was fulfilled. You can't leave some of them out.

End Time prophesy isn't spread over a long span like you have it. When it starts, it goes quickly. And culminates in the revealing of Christ.

Nero did defile the temple.

Revelation 11:8 8Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city-which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt-where also their LORD was crucified.

Yes, he did. So will the anti-Christ. In the New Temple, that the Jews are preparing for today.
When was Sodom, figuratively or otherwise, raised from the dead in 3 and 1/2 days while you watched?
Israel has been called a lot of things, but in this case we are talking about to people, that witness to other people, about Jesus Christ. They are called God's witnesses. They are called ancient prophets. They will be preforming miracles. For 1,260 days. They are flesh and blood, literally. It all takes place in Israel. < regardless of it's nicknames.
Now explain to me when you think this took place during the Roman Empire.

Yes, he did. So will the anti-Christ. In the New Temple, that the Jews are preparing for today.
When was Sodom, figuratively or otherwise, raised from the dead in 3 and 1/2 days while you watched?
Israel has been called a lot of things, but in this case we are talking about to people, that witness to other people, about Jesus Christ. They are called God's witnesses. They are called ancient prophets. They will be preforming miracles. For 1,260 days. They are flesh and blood, literally. It all takes place in Israel. < regardless of it's nicknames.
Now explain to me when you think this took place during the Roman Empire.

Because Revelation says it will happen soon within generation. It also says there is NO temple because Jesus is the new temple.

Revelation 11:8 8Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city-which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt-where also their LORD was crucified.

The Book of Daniel was written in 167 BC and is about Antiochus IV defiling the Temple and the Maccabean Revolt.

Because Revelation says it will happen soon within generation. It also says there is NO temple because Jesus is the new temple.

The Book of Daniel was written in 167 BC and is about Antiochus IV defiling the Temple and the Maccabean Revolt.
Although the Book of Revelation does say that the Revelations will shortly come to pass:

Revelation 1:1

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

The term "shortly come to pass" is relative to whose time frame we are referring to. To Jesus a short time can mean at least 6000 years as I've shown to you before:
Revelation 12:12
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

So the devil was in the Garden of Eden with Adam and he is still on the earth today after some 6000 years or so. To God and Satan this is a short time.

The verse says he came down unto us having great wrath because he knew that he had but a short time. So when did he come down? He's been down here since the time of Adam and Eve. So this is telling us that since the time he came down, which was at least 6000 years ago, he felt that he had but a short time. He is saying that the devil had a short time left but that was from the time he came down unto us which was in the days of Adam and Eve.

For an opposing view on when the Book of Daniel was written, see When Was the Book of Daniel Written?

Last edited:
We know of 2 different measures of time. Linear time and eternal time.
If a dove had a cloth in it's mouth and dragged the cloth across the top of a mountain, the time it would take to wear that mountain down to sea level, means not one second of eternal time had passed, then our lives and Satan's time here on earth is merely a vapor and it's gone.

Forum List

Back