What think ye? Is the resurrection of Jesus Christ permanent? What about the resurrection of all mankind?

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
Jesus was resurrected. Do you believe that his resurrection is permanent? In other words, will Jesus retain a resurrected body for all eternity to come? What about everyone else? Will their resurrection be permanent for all eternity to come?

We'll see the same body that Thomas saw. We will see every scar. That is the body He will keep for eternity, and why the Jews will weep bitter tears at the sight:

And then shall the Lord set his foot upon this mount, and it shall cleave in twain, and the earth shall tremble, and reel to and fro, and the heavens also shall shake.
And the Lord shall utter his voice, and all the ends of the earth shall hear it; and the nations of the earth shall mourn, and they that have laughed shall see their folly.

And calamity shall cover the mocker, and the scorner shall be consumed; and they that have watched for iniquity shall be hewn down and cast into the fire.
And then shall the Jews look upon me and say: What are these wounds in thine hands and in thy feet?
Then shall they know that I am the Lord; for I will say unto them: These wounds are the wounds with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. I am he who was lifted up. I am Jesus that was crucified. I am the Son of God.

And then shall they weep because of their iniquities; then shall they lament because they persecuted their king

Last edited:
From my studies into Holy scripture(new/old testaments) the resurrected bodies sound to be forever & ever(outside the space/time continuum?). This would mean that the resurrected bodies would be most likely balls of energy with zero physical mass to them, similar to the orbs of light people the world over have spotted in our earths sky. Apparently, as Jesus Himself stated, flesh cannot enter his Fathers kingdom, but the spirit can enter flesh bodies(A one way street? Where do the flesh bodies come from???). This would take professor Stephen Hawking to figure it all out but unfortunately professor Hawking met his demise before he could fully conquer the many mysteries of the multidimensional infinities. Honestly I really don't think humanity will have all the answers until those of us that are caught up with Maker are enlightened, & even then we may still be incapable of understanding such a deep subject of study.

Jesus was resurrected. Do you believe that his resurrection is permanent? In other words, will Jesus retain a resurrected body for all eternity to come? What about everyone else? Will their resurrection be permanent for all eternity to come?
I believe the resurrection bodies will be permanent. They will have the same attributes that His body had when He appeared to His disciples after the crucifixion.

When Jesus first resurrected, he appeared to Mary Magdalene and told her not to touch him because he had not yet ascended to his Father in heaven.

John 20:11-17

Later Jesus appeared unto his Apostles after he had ascended to heaven and allowed his Apostles to handle his resurrected body.

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

In this verse we learn that a resurrected body is made of FLESH and BONES. We also learn that a resurrected body is not just a spirit but is also a corporeal body that can be touched. We also learn that a resurrected body is capable of eating food just as our mortal bodies are.

The Apostle Paul taught:

1 Corinthians 15:50-54
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all asleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Verse 50 above states that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God". Does this mean that a resurrected body of flesh and bones, as Jesus has, cannot inherit the kingdom of God? NO! The term flesh and blood must be used together to understand this verse. Flesh with blood is mortal. Flesh without blood which is made alive by the spirit is immortal. the term is not "flesh or blood" but "flesh and blood".

Verses 53 and 54 clearly state that we put on incorruption and immortality. In other words, our bodies will never die again but will remain incorruptible and become immortal. Death is swallowed up in victory. Our resurrected bodies will never again experience death but live forever and ever. In Revelation 1 we read the following about Christ:

Revelation 1:17-18
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Finally, We know that Christ is resurrected and that the righteous will resurrect. but what about those who are not righteous? Will they resurrect?

Acts 24:15

15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

Here we learn that the gift of resurrection is given to all. Both the just and the unjust. All mankind will be resurrected and live forever and ever. In the Book of Revelation we learn that there are two major resurrections known as the first resurrection and the second resurrection. The first will occur at the second coming of Jesus Christ. The second will occur at the end of the millennial reign of Jesus Christ which lasts 1000 years.

From my studies into Holy scripture(new/old testaments) the resurrected bodies sound to be forever & ever(outside the space/time continuum?). This would mean that the resurrected bodies would be most likely balls of energy with zero physical mass to them, similar to the orbs of light people the world over have spotted in our earths sky. Apparently, as Jesus Himself stated, flesh cannot enter his Fathers kingdom, but the spirit can enter flesh bodies(A one way street? Where do the flesh bodies come from???). This would take professor Stephen Hawking to figure it all out but unfortunately professor Hawking met his demise before he could fully conquer the many mysteries of the multidimensional infinities. Honestly I really don't think humanity will have all the answers until those of us that are caught up with Maker are enlightened, & even then we may still be incapable of understanding such a deep subject of study.

Here is how to know when to question your studies. When they contradict what the Bible says:

Read Luke 16: 19-31 and you realize several things. We look like ourselves in spirit form. The people Luke told us about recognized each other. They could see. They had tongues. They got thirsty. They spoke to one another. They listened to one another. They felt remorse.

They were themselves. That is what your soul is. All that was missing was their clay exterior. They were in Abraham's Bosom (the place where those who belonged to God but for whom Christ had yet to pay for their sins, were being housed.) It was called Paradise. They returned with Christ having been reunited with their now glorified clay bodies ( which were in the tombs sleeping and that opened during the earthquake that took place while Christ was on the cross.). They stayed for 40 days and went with Christ when He ascended to Heaven:

Matthew 27:51-53 Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints < (our rank when we die in Christ) who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many”
^They are all in Heaven now. They ascended with Christ.

The souls that belong to Christ and die now, go straight up. But we will also be reunited with our earthly bodies when we return here with Christ for the battle at har megiddo.

Last edited:
"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump; for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead will be raised INCORRUPTIBLE, and we shall be changed." -- 1 Cor. 15:52 Our bodies in the flesh are corruptible.......there will be no physical bodies in the spiritual realm. The Christ was resurrected in the flesh because He was demonstrating that His word was Truth to fleshly beings. He preached to those who slept (dead) in the days of Noah after His physical death.......in the spirit......and returned to His physical body after 3 days. (1 Peter 3:18-21).

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven; but He that first came down from heaven, EVEN THE SON OF MAN WHICH IS IN HEAVEN." -- John 3:13. Jesus will be the only body that can ascend into heaven because it first came down from heaven. No man today meets that prerequisite. There was only one previously and it was accomplished directly via the grace of God. (Genesis 5:21-24).

The realm of HELL/Hades is divided into 2 abodes, one in the Bosom of Abraham Hades in this abode the place the dead go to await judgement in the Bosom of Abraham (Luke 16:19-3)....it exists outside of time, and there is no bridge between the physical and the spiritual realm. Hell is the place the unrighteous are sentenced to go for eternity. The Blood of Christ thus flows backwards and forward into the future. The righteous that sleep and are judged will also rise at the last trump in spirit form.

"Behold My hands, and My feet, that I am He. Touch Me and see.....for a spirit hast not flesh and bones, as you see Me having". -- Luke 24:39 God is able to restore the life of the dead. Examples: Jarius' daughter (Mark 5:21-24, 35-43). Lazarus (John 11:38-34).

The answer to your question? Jesus is an eternal being.....He is the great I AM, He has existed before time itself began.........He has existed eternally and will always exist. (John 1:1-14).

His reign on earth and heaven......i..e, a New Heaven and a New Earth was but temporary, He was given all authority in heaven and on earth by His Father God (28:18). With this authority there was a new covenant to come into effect (a new earth) and the conditions were fulfilled by Jesus to gain entrance into the kingdom of God (a new Heaven).......as the Lord's prayer declared, "......Thy Kingdom Come (the church on earth and in heaven), Thy will be done in earth as in heaven...." -- Matt. 6

After all is fulfilled and death is completely conquered.........the Son gives the Kingdom back to the Father, Christ was the first fruit, afterwards those that follow Christ. ( 1 Cor. 15:23-24) This happens at the final judgement. There will be no future 1000 year symbolic physical reign........the New Heaven and New Earth have existed since the Christ declared with His last breath, "It is finished........" John 19:30

We have been living in the last days of mankind since the First Gospel sermon was preached on the day of Pentecost over 2000 years ago. (Acts chapter 2). We are living and walking on this earth still because of the longsuffering of our Lord God who desires all men come to the knowledge of the truth and be saved. (1 Tim 2:4)

Last edited:
Jesus was resurrected.
Let me accept you premise.

That would prove he was supernatural, and any proof of the supernatural is also the proof for many supernatural systems.

The ancient called it turtles built upon turtles. Gods over Gods like a Mandenbrock set.

That may be why some have Jesus as the second Adam.

That aside.

Even if resurrected, that does not make Jesus asking people to abdicate their responsibilities for their actions, and using Jesus as a scapegoat, a moral act.

Most Christians do not want to discuss morals but I always like to invite them/you.

No end game can come of discussing the reality, or not, of the resurrection.

But we can have an end game on the moral aspects.

Are you game?

On Jesus dying for Christians. Try to think in a moral way.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians would teach their children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are promoting doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fiber as Yahweh. Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL

When Jesus first resurrected, he appeared to Mary Magdalene and told her not to touch him because he had not yet ascended to his Father in heaven.

John 20:11-17

Later Jesus appeared unto his Apostles after he had ascended to heaven and allowed his Apostles to handle his resurrected body.

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

In this verse we learn that a resurrected body is made of FLESH and BONES. We also learn that a resurrected body is not just a spirit but is also a corporeal body that can be touched. We also learn that a resurrected body is capable of eating food just as our mortal bodies are.

The Apostle Paul taught:

1 Corinthians 15:50-54
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all asleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Verse 50 above states that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God". Does this mean that a resurrected body of flesh and bones, as Jesus has, cannot inherit the kingdom of God? NO! The term flesh and blood must be used together to understand this verse. Flesh with blood is mortal. Flesh without blood which is made alive by the spirit is immortal. the term is not "flesh or blood" but "flesh and blood".

Verses 53 and 54 clearly state that we put on incorruption and immortality. In other words, our bodies will never die again but will remain incorruptible and become immortal. Death is swallowed up in victory. Our resurrected bodies will never again experience death but live forever and ever. In Revelation 1 we read the following about Christ:

Revelation 1:17-18
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Finally, We know that Christ is resurrected and that the righteous will resurrect. but what about those who are not righteous? Will they resurrect?

15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

Here we learn that the gift of resurrection is given to all. Both the just and the unjust. All mankind will be resurrected and live forever and ever. In the Book of Revelation we learn that there are two major resurrections known as the first resurrection and the second resurrection. The first will occur at the second coming of Jesus Christ. The second will occur at the end of the millennial reign of Jesus Christ which lasts 1000 years.

You are correct that we all live forever. Where is a different story.
We are all unjust as far as sin is concerned. And that is what Christ was executed for in our place. Sin separated us from our Father, and Christ removed it for us. Because God can't see our sins through Christ's blood. It permanently wipes them out, and God remembers them no more...
And Jesus did it for all. Not all will benefit.
Here is the thing:
The gift of propitiation is OFFERED < given for free to all. BUT it is not accepted by all. And it is the only way to the Father in Heaven.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Those in Abraham's Bosom were resurrected with Christ. Those across the chasm from Abraham's Bosom, in Hades, are still there. If everyone is resurrected in Christ, then who are the unbelievers and the wicked that will be judged at the White Throne Judgment?
Christ was the first of the dead to be resurrected. There is no resurrection at the second coming but there is one prior to the second coming. The rapture. All those, who have died and are in Heaven will be returning to earth for Armageddon. Then, at the end of the millennial reign, the wicked and unbelievers, fallen angels and Satan will be judged. They will be sentenced to the second death. < An eternity in the Lake of Fire.

Last edited:
Jesus returned to his Apostles and showed them his resurrected body and declared that it was made of flesh and bones (see Luke 24:36-43). Our resurrected bodies will be the same. For this reason Job of the Old Testament declared:

Job 19:26

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

"Flesh and blood" cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven because "Flesh and blood" is mortality. However, "Flesh and bones" can inherit the kingdom of heaven when made alive through the power of the resurrection. Jesus proved that his resurrected body was made of flesh and bones in Luke 24. Job tells us that he will yet see God in his flesh after his mortal body is destroyed because he knew that in the resurrection, his flesh and bones would be raised. The life of the body in mortality is in the blood. However, the life of a resurrected body is in the spirit. Thus Paul refers to our resurrected bodies and spiritual bodies even though the flesh and bones are raised up.

1 Corinthians 15:42-57
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Genesis 9:4
4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Our bodies, which include flesh and bones, will be raised up to become a spiritual body. The life of the resurrected body is in the spirit. The life of our mortal bodies is in the blood. Thus "flesh and blood" cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven. Only "Flesh and bones" made alive through the spirit can inherit the kingdom of God. Jesus' resurrected body was made of flesh and bones but not of blood. Thus as Job declared, we will all see God in the flesh after this mortal body shall be destroyed by the natural decay of the mortal body.

The soul is separate from the physical body. While souls were in Abraham's Bosom, they were completely separated from their physical bodies. Their bodies did not go with them. When they reinhabited those bodies is when the bodies were transformed in the graves the bodies were placed in. Those souls came out of the graves with the same body they left behind. It was at that moment of re-inhabitation that the bodies of the souls also made eternal.

We'll see the same body that Thomas saw. We will see every scar. That is the body He will keep for eternity, and why the Jews will weep bitter tears at the sight:

And then shall the Lord set his foot upon this mount, and it shall cleave in twain, and the earth shall tremble, and reel to and fro, and the heavens also shall shake.
And the Lord shall utter his voice, and all the ends of the earth shall hear it; and the nations of the earth shall mourn, and they that have laughed shall see their folly.

And calamity shall cover the mocker, and the scorner shall be consumed; and they that have watched for iniquity shall be hewn down and cast into the fire.

And then shall the Jews look upon me and say: What are these wounds in thine hands and in thy feet?
Then shall they know that I am the Lord; for I will say unto them: These wounds are the wounds with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. I am he who was lifted up. I am Jesus that was crucified. I am the Son of God.

And then shall they weep because of their iniquities; then shall they lament because they persecuted their king
That king is in people who are tormented by others.

Matthew 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. King James Version. Light that shines from Jesus will consume people, who consume others with mean words. Laws are designed to torment people. Islamic law acts benign, not being that at all, doing worse than the laws that exist.​

Last edited:
There is a resurrection of both the just and the unjust.

Jesus was the very first person on earth to resurrect. Thus he is known as the first fruits of the resurrection.

1 Corinthians 15:23
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.

Since Christ's resurrection there have been some who have resurrected as mentioned by Irish Ram above at the time just after Christ resurrected. However, there are two great resurrections mentioned in scripture where many who have lived on earth will come forth. They are known as the first and second resurrections. The first resurrection will happen at the time of Christ's coming. we can argue whether they are resurrected prior to Christ putting his feet upon the earth or not but that is of no concern of mine. Those who are caught up to meet him in the clouds at the time of his coming are among the dead who have died and also those who are among the living who are the righteous. Christ will usher in his millennial reign of 1000 years when he comes. At the time of Christ's coming it is known as the first resurrection. At the end of the 1000 year millennial reign will be the second resurrection. This will be the resurrection of the unjust. The wicked will be resurrected and stand before God. The books will be opened and they will then be judged according to their works. So even though all will be resurrected, not everyone will be able to enter the kingdom of heaven. Those who have been wicked in this life will resurrect, but they will have to wait until the 1000 years has ended and once they are resurrected, they will stand before God to receive their judgement. The first death is the death of the mortal body. The second death is a spiritual death wherein they are not allowed to have access to the presence of God our eternal Father in Heaven and his Son Jesus Christ. Revelation 20 speaks of the second resurrection:

Revelation 20:12-14
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

In these verses we read of the dead standing before God and being judged. How can the dead stand before God unless they are resurrected. Verse 13 also tells us that the sea gave up the dead which were in it and death and hell delivered up their dead also to be judged. Earlier in the chapter we read:

Revelation 20:5-6
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

In describing the first resurrection which is the resurrection of the just, it is also mentioned that those who are not of the first resurrection, which are the rest of the dead, lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This implies that there is a second resurrection and those dead will live again. In verse 12-14 above it tells us that death and hell are cast into the lake of fire and that that is the second death. Thus during the second resurrection and not the first resurrection where the second death hath no power, the second death does occur and the rest of the dead live again being resurrected but are shut out of the presence of God in eternity.

That king is in people who are tormented by others.

Matthew 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. King James Version. Light that shines from Jesus will consume people, who consume others with mean words. Laws are designed to torment people. Islamic law acts benign, not being that at all, doing worse than the laws that exist.​

It is end time prophesy, and really doesn't need translation.
The Mt. is the Mt of Olives. It is in Israel. It has a fault under it. The people living there are Jews. They run to Him. They recognize Him as the King. They regret what was done to Him by their ancestors. They accept Him and He sets up His kingdom in the midst of them. It simply means what it says...

Jesus was the very first person on earth to resurrect. Thus he is known as the first fruits of the resurrection.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.

Since Christ's resurrection there have been some who have resurrected as mentioned by Irish Ram above at the time just after Christ resurrected. However, there are two great resurrections mentioned in scripture where many who have lived on earth will come forth. They are known as the first and second resurrections. The first resurrection will happen at the time of Christ's coming. we can argue whether they are resurrected prior to Christ putting his feet upon the earth or not but that is of no concern of mine. Those who are caught up to meet him in the clouds at the time of his coming are among the dead who have died and also those who are among the living who are the righteous. Christ will usher in his millennial reign of 1000 years when he comes. At the time of Christ's coming it is known as the first resurrection. At the end of the 1000 year millennial reign will be the second resurrection. This will be the resurrection of the unjust. The wicked will be resurrected and stand before God. The books will be opened and they will then be judged according to their works. So even though all will be resurrected, not everyone will be able to enter the kingdom of heaven. Those who have been wicked in this life will resurrect, but they will have to wait until the 1000 years has ended and once they are resurrected, they will stand before God to receive their judgement. The first death is the death of the mortal body. The second death is a spiritual death wherein they are not allowed to have access to the presence of God our eternal Father in Heaven and his Son Jesus Christ. Revelation 20 speaks of the second resurrection:

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

In these verses we read of the dead standing before God and being judged. How can the dead stand before God unless they are resurrected. Verse 13 also tells us that the sea gave up the dead which were in it and death and hell delivered up their dead also to be judged. Earlier in the chapter we read:

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

In describing the first resurrection which is the resurrection of the just, it is also mentioned that those who are not of the first resurrection, which are the rest of the dead, lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This implies that there is a second resurrection and those dead will live again. In verse 12-14 above it tells us that death and hell are cast into the lake of fire and that that is the second death. Thus during the second resurrection and not the first resurrection where the second death hath no power, the second death does occur and the rest of the dead live again being resurrected but are shut out of the presence of God in eternity.
Resurrection: the rising of the dead.
1. Jesus ~ just.
2. Residents of Abraham's Bosom ~ the just
3. Those who die in Christ post crucifixion. ~ the just
4. Those still alive in Christ during the rapture. ~ the just
5. Those martyrs who die during the Tribulation. ~ the just
6. Those awaiting trial at the White Throne Judgment ~ the unjust.

We are on #3 presently. There are more resurrections to come.

What you are describing is in reference to the millennial reign. Put it in context:
Rev. 20:3-9 He threw him into the Abyss..... That refers to Jesus dispatching Satan to a level below Hell. Chained and silenced for 1,000. years.
There are people who will die during the Tribulation who do not receive the mark. They are the ones who missed the rapture but became Christians after the event. They will be hunted down here on earth and martyred en masse. Those specific dead martyrs are resurrected at that specific time in history (end of Trib, beginning of Millennium) and also reign with Christ for the thousand year period because of their faithfulness. THAT is the 1st. resurrection referred to in Rev. 20. not the resurrection of Christ <(the 1st to break through the barrier of death, resurrection) so we know it is referencing a different, specific time. The start of the 1,000 year reign. Those who did not get the mark. Blessed are those people in that 1st resurrection of the millennium < the martyred during the Trib. They don't face the second death meted out at the White Throne Judgment at the end of the millennium. But the rest of those who DID get the mark during the Tribulation sleep for 1,000 years and are resurrected <(#2 of the millennium), to face a second death at the White Throne Judgment, along with those resurrected from Hades at the same time. The unjust.

How you can tell that, that 1st resurrection of the millennium is not the 1st resurrection ever to take place is because we know the 1st, (Christ) was resurrected before He comes back, and He is back on earth to conduct the martyr's resurrection. He was the first to break through the barrier of death.

Here it is all explained:
Revelation 20:3-6 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time. I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Last edited:
My point is that all mankind who come to this earth and receive a body will be resurrected. Even though some have resurrected prior to the time of Christ's second coming, there are two main resurrections. There is the first resurrection, also known as the resurrection of the just or the resurrection of life. This will occur at the time of Christ's second coming and will go on through the millennium. Those who resurrected prior to the time of the second coming are part of the first resurrection. Then there will be the second resurrection, also known as the resurrection of the unjust or the resurrection of damnation. This will occur after the 1000 year millennial reign has ended. Those who take part in the second resurrection are those who will be thrust down to hell. These will be those who suffer the second death.

Another verse which attests to the two resurrections is:

John 5:29

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Regarding Satan and his minions who were cast out of heaven, they never received a body and are disembodied spirits. They too will be judged after the 1000 year millennial reign and will be cast into the lake of fire and brimstone but will NOT resurrect because they never had a body in the first place. Those who have bodies who join the side of Satan will resurrect but will then be sent to hell along with Satan and his minions.

Satan will be bound during the millennial reign and will not be able to tempt mankind during those 1000 years. Once the millennial reign has ended, Satan and his minions will be loosed for a little season to make one last battle and they will be defeated and judged in the final judgement.

Those who take part in the second resurrection are those who will be thrust down to hell. These will be those who suffer the second death.
There is no hell to thrust them into. It is thrown into the lake of Fire with them, and death. The Lake of Fire is the final destination.

We are made in the image of our Father. We are eternal. So are angels. That is why Satan is never executed. God made the Lake of Fire specifically for Satan and his followers to reside in for eternity.
Revelation 20:14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

I think the verse you quoted says it all. death and hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. So if one were to ask, "where is hell?", one can easily say it is in that lake of fire. I don't think we are really disagreeing on much. I also believe that we are eternal beings and do not cease to exist.

Revelation 20:14 KJV

No one will see God as the fires of hell, when the wicked are dead. Saved will be off of the earth for a 1000 years. They will be in the new Jerusalem. Resurrection of the wicked occures when the New Jerusalem comes back to the earth. That is when Satan s who is clothed in gold and gems is loosed from that beings chains. Satan's voice is more melodious than any organ, that is in any church. Don't be fooled. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created." Notice the word "pipes."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back