What the Trump victory means for NATO

Eloy

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2016
European Union
Since Donald Trump, during the campaign, said that he would not support a NATO country if attacked, say by Russia, if that country had not paid its financial levy. "Germany's Defence Minister Ursula von der Leyen described Donald Trump's gains in the U.S. presidential election as a "huge shock" on Wednesday and asked him for assurances on his commitment to NATO."
German minister says Trump gains a 'huge shock', wants clarity on NATO
The Baltic States must be worried now.

Since Donald Trump, during the campaign, said that he would not support a NATO country if attacked, say by Russia, if that country had not paid its financial levy. "Germany's Defence Minister Ursula von der Leyen described Donald Trump's gains in the U.S. presidential election as a "huge shock" on Wednesday and asked him for assurances on his commitment to NATO."
German minister says Trump gains a 'huge shock', wants clarity on NATO
The Baltic States must be worried now.

I believe that Trump was just engaging in hyperbole---His plan is for the USA ---NOT to prop foreign lands economically. I do not believe that in practice that he will turn the planet upside down IMMEDIATELY

Trump said Nato is obsolete.

I cannot access your citation on Mayor Hylan-----did you want to make a point?
Trump made a point. Nato is obsolete as there is no threat. In fact, Nato is the threat.

oh---but you cited MAYOR HYLAN...... are you drunk? Trump seems to believe that he can get foreign governments to stop taking handouts from the USA----he is ADAMANT about solving all aspects of the USA's economic woes. If push comes to shove he will relent as far as PROTECTION
goes-----for the GOOD of the USA. There are LOTS of threats in the world

oh---but you cited MAYOR HYLAN...... are you drunk?
It is still there in my sig:
HYLAN ADDS PINCHOT TO PRESIDENCY LIST; FORESEES A REVOLT; Mayor Tells Chicago Audience a Third Party Is Certain if Reactionaries Prevail. BERATES "WEALTH LORDS" Hughes and Oil, Mellon and Tariff, With Ku Klux Klan, Share in Attack. FEARS SNARES OF EUROPE Harding Is Going the Same Way Wilson Went. Under Money Powers, He Says.

Trump seems to believe that he can get foreign governments to stop taking handouts from the USA----he is ADAMANT about solving all aspects of the USA's economic woes. If push comes to shove he will relent as far as PROTECTION
goes-----for the GOOD of the USA. There are LOTS of threats in the world
This and nothing less is what I expect from an US President.
Trump knows the hegemony is no longer financeable and does not make anymore sense. Actually, the West has been busy to create the threats that they then used to justify this or that.

Trump made a point. Nato is obsolete as there is no threat. In fact, Nato is the threat.

Nato is a threat to whom? fascist Baathist pigs?
To the world. To everyone.

who is "everyone" in your limited world view? can you cite some examples?

You know, it would happen everywhere and anytime if Russia and Syria would not keep them busy.

Even in the US:
Curtis Culwell Center attack - Wikipedia

You know, it would happen everywhere and anytime if Russia and Syria would not keep them busy.

Even in the US:

???Russia and Syria keep NATO busy?

Even in the US:

Ehm, ISIS?

Even in the US:

Ehm, ISIS?

right-----Russia/Syria, ISIS ----six of one and half dozen of the other. Major threats to the world ----including NATO

Even in the US:

Ehm, ISIS?

right-----Russia/Syria, ISIS ----six of one and half dozen of the other. Major threats to the world ----including NATO
You really don´t get it. Don´t want to get it. Be thankful that Bashar and Vlad keep terrorism contained and even drive it back despite massive support from Nato and Gulf states.

Forum List

Back