What the TEA Parties Want...

Oct 8, 2009
All seem perfectly reasonable to me.

Contract FROM America

1 Protect the Constitution

2 Reject Cap & Trade

3 Demand a Balanced Budget

4 Enact Fundamental Tax Reform

5 Restore Fiscal Responsibility & Constitutionally Limited Government in Washington

6 End Runaway Government Spending

7 Defund, Repeal & Replace Government-run Health Care

8 Pass an 'All of the Above' Energy Policy

9 Stop the Pork

10 Stop the Tax Hikes

Last edited:
Seems pretty reasonable to me also, in the main. Saw this yesterday, thought you might enjoy it:

Contract From America Unveiled - Stephen Spruiell - The Corner on National Review Online

Contract From America Unveiled [Stephen Spruiell]
A while back I wrote a piece on the efforts of some grassroots groups to draft a Contract From America for the 2010 election cycle. The groups offered 20 items and encouraged visitors to their website to vote for ten. Today they have unveiled the top ten items. I listed my ten in my piece. How does the final product match up?

While I don't agree entirely with all that was written in that contract, I appreciate the fact that they are finally proposing solutions, rather than opposing solutions.

While I don't agree entirely with all that was written in that contract, I appreciate the fact that they are finally proposing solutions, rather than opposing solutions.
[Emphasis added] That's rather disingenuous, or plain silly, wording. If the opposition viewed them as 'solutions', there would be no reason to oppose them.

[Emphasis added] That's rather disingenuous wording. If the opposition viewed them as 'solutions', there would be no reason to oppose them.

How about "attempts at solutions"?

Personally I think you've not been listening to what is being said at the rallies. Not your fault, some have been small and very much led by a few, those that have been really grassroots and larger, failed to get fair coverage-until the past 2 weeks. Now the message is starting in the legacy media, but I'm really unsure if it's necessary any longer.

while i don't agree entirely with all that was written in that contract, i appreciate the fact that they are finally proposing solutions, rather than opposing solutions.
[emphasis added] that's rather disingenuous wording. If the opposition viewed them as 'solutions', there would be no reason to oppose them.

how about "attempts at solutions"?
K. That's reasonable.

• Banned
Since people keep asking what the hell the TEA Parties want, I figure this should clear that question once and for all.

Like it? Sign the contract.

Tea Party sounds like a simple branch of Conservatism, then.

'Not about making money'
Despite Phillips’ registration of Tea Party Nation as a for-profit corporation, he denies that he's one in a line of people trying to profit off the movement.

“This is not about making money,” Phillips said. He derided what he described as non-profits' "begging for money" with fundraising letters and e-mail solicitations. There are also limitations, for example, on non-profits' political activities.“A for-profit corporation is not subject to any of those restrictions,” he added, “so, for me, it was simply a no-brainer."

Asked if he hopes Tea Party Nation will be profitable, and he can take a salary, he said, "I'll be happy if we don't lose money. I don't think we'll lose money; I don't think we're going to make a whole lot of money. But we're not going to lose money."

Tea Partying for profit? - First Read - msnbc.com

i would look into the backgrounds of any organizers of a 'for profit' movement....wouldnt the core values of the movement organizers be an issue?

Since people keep asking what the hell the TEA Parties want, I figure this should clear that question once and for all.

Since you credited NO ONE in your original post, are we to assume YOU are now speaking for all of the Tea Baggers?

By your own words, I can know, for a fact, that you are an idiot.

I have a question for your. How much more of a moron do you want to be?

Since you credited NO ONE in your original post, are we to assume YOU are now speaking for all of the Tea Baggers?

Since you can't even answer the simplest of simplistic questions, who really is the moron here? Or, perhaps you meant "moran"?

Since you can't even answer the simplest of simplistic questions, who really is the moron here? Or, perhaps you meant "moran"?

No, sweetie, I meant what I said - moron. Why would I credit anyone. I gave a link to the contract. I speak on behalf of no one but me. I made no statement on behalf of the TEA Party. I am not surprised that you're not intelligent enough to know that. Hence my comment that you are, in fact, a moron.

Credited no one in the OP? :wtf: does that mean? The link is there.

It means that VaYank is a moron. I am not shocked by that. Are you?

Contract FROM America

2 Reject Cap & Trade

5 Restore Fiscal Responsibility & Constitutionally Limited Government in Washington

9 Stop the Port

10 Stop the Tax Hikes

Where did these misfits, malcontents and miscreants get the idea they represent America?

At best they're a notable minority with naive and unsophisticated views based on misunderstanding of American culture. More likely, they're just dupes, sad, lost dimwits who just aren't smart enough to realize they're not smart enough to think for themselves.

Last edited:

Contract FROM America

2 Reject Cap & Trade

9 Stop the Port

10 Stop the Tax Hikes

Where did these misfits, malcontents and miscreants get the idea they represented America?

At best they're a notable minority with naive and unsophisticated views based on misunderstanding of American culture. More likely, they're just dupes. Sad, lost dimwits who just aren't smart enough to realize they're not smart enough to think for themselves.

Over a quarter of America certainly CAN call themselves Americans and claim they represent her. Protecting her Constitution is so unAmerican, huh, and couldn't speak for America?

Forum List

Back