What the state says and what the people saw.

So. night_son
Enlighten me.
Speak from experience, not from RW talking points.

What “indoctrination” have you visually experienced with your time spent in the public school setting?

Im guessing NONE.
Your answer can’t be 2nd hand.
Provide your direct experience. Lol.
I have friends who are public school teachers and they are only allowed to praise Democrats.
One of my friends, who likes Trump, speaks shit about Trump in class and was given a FUCK TRUMP hat as a birthday present by his students.
The guy was allowed to wear the hat all day long.
Your public schools are cess-pools of hatred.
That is horrendous. Schools that embrace providing students with the tools to become independent thinkers should do one of two things. For students of the lower grades its a good standard to leave out politics as far as expressing personal opinions. Most parents really have a problem with public teachers trying to indoctrinate students politically or religiously under their own viewpoints, regardless of that viewpoint. High school/ middle school kids will straight out ask teachers who they voted for etc. When kids ask questions they are ready for answers, but with politics it’s a slippery slope. Parents of older kids still don’t want teachers indoctrinating their political or religious views onto their students in public schools. Unless I taught Government/Civics or US History, I would stay away from it myself unless a student asked for my views I might engage- it would depend on the student most likely and would definitely make it clear that was only my personal opinion and not the school’s.
Our public schools, occupied by Liberals, are also convincing our US born children that Africans and Asians are smarter than them aka cheap Business Visas.
You have no idea what the cesspools are doing to the future of the US.
It's a nightmare.
The Christians I work with start off sending their kids to public school and then switch them to Parochial school.

Your public schools are run by Republican State Departments of Education. They buy the text books, and they set the cirriculum. Republicans have been dumbing down your education system for 40 years, and blaming teachers unions for the decline. Paying shit wages so that only people who can't get a better paying job, become teachers, or those who are willing to work two or three jobs, so they can have a decent quality of life, to do something they love.

But of course it's the teacher's fault because they're all communists, and they're indoctrinating the children. It's just horrible.

Riiiiiiiight!
Your public schools are run by Republican State Departments of Education
The public schools are run by the State and almost all of them are run by professional civil servants, who are Democrats.
Republicans may dictate math, science and English, but it's the States that force the acceptance of 50 genders and how to provide oral pleasure.

I have a friend who teaches in a high school in Nebraska where the girls have "virginity ceremonies". They promise their fathers to remain virgins until they marry. These girls will take it up the ass, and give their boyfriends blow jobs, all in an effort to keep that precious hymen intact. She said the questions she's been asked by these apple cheeked Christian girls, are SHOCKING!! You have to pay extra with any hooker to get them to do any of the stuff these girls are doing for free.

Christian fundamentalists are responsible for 13% of all abortions in the USA. Those gals are sewing their wild oats on Saturday night and praying for a crop failure come Sunday morning.

So please, bitch, don't try to tell me how morally corrupt and perverted the left is. And don't get me started on the misogyny of telling girls that without their hymen, they're worthless, and no man would want to marry them.
So I don't have to pay for abortions and condoms.

So. night_son
Enlighten me.

What “indoctrination” have you visually experienced with your time spent in the public school setting?

Im guessing NONE.
I have friends who are public school teachers and they are only allowed to praise Democrats.
One of my friends, who likes Trump, speaks shit about Trump in class and was given a FUCK TRUMP hat as a birthday present by his students.
That is horrendous. Schools that embrace providing students with the tools to become independent thinkers should do one of two things. For students of the lower grades its a good standard to leave out politics as far as expressing personal opinions. Most parents really have a problem with public teachers trying to indoctrinate students politically or religiously under their own viewpoints, regardless of that viewpoint. High school/ middle school kids will straight out ask teachers who they voted for etc. When kids ask questions they are ready for answers, but with politics it’s a slippery slope. Parents of older kids still don’t want teachers indoctrinating their political or religious views onto their students in public schools. Unless I taught Government/Civics or US History, I would stay away from it myself unless a student asked for my views I might engage- it would depend on the student most likely and would definitely make it clear that was only my personal opinion and not the school’s.
Our public schools, occupied by Liberals, are also convincing our US born children that Africans and Asians are smarter than them aka cheap Business Visas.
It's a nightmare.
The Christians I work with start off sending their kids to public school and then switch them to Parochial school.
The current price for parochial school In my local area is $13,000 a year for high school. My area is not well-suited for a 13,000 a year tuition cost for high school. Most parents with kids in high school are saving to help their kids with college expenses and cannot afford the high cost of parochial instruction. I have neighbors who are sending their three kids to that high school I mentioned. The husband works two jobs and she works one outside of the home. It is ridiculous what some of these parochial schools charge and it definitely reduces the numbers who can attend.
It's price one pays for avoiding brain washing.
I made my kids watch all the news channels and made sure they knew who their Municipal, State and Federal Reps were.
Out children have to know that spending 20 years pursuing an solid education in math, science, economics and finance will help them avoid being screwed when they grow up.
No schools teach Home Economics or why businesses hire and/or fire.
Why do you lie. My school teaches Home Economics at both middle schools and the HS.
Next you will tell us that no schools have Shop. My school has a wood shop and a metal shop. Students go to State Competitions. They fix engines and make trailers.

In reading your post again Dogmaphobe maybe if you could give me more information about what that award entails- social justice -that almost sounds like it’s overboard, extreme, so maybe that’s the problem.

My son described her as a bossy little annoyance constantly getting in everybody's face demanding they apologize for their skin color and admit they were privileged, telling them they were racist if they did not agree, harassed them if they did not think black people should automatically be first in line for jobs or had any thought at all that diverged from her own.
Oh boy... definitely not a good citizen nor should she have been awarded anything. I jumped to conclusions thinking it was like the award that acknowledges a student for showing actions of kindness and positivity towards other students.

I went to school with a girl like you described. In grade school she would be the one in the classroom with her hand held high while looking at a certain student who was passing notes or whispering. The teacher and her classmates knew in advance what she was going to say. She became known as a tattletale, was friendless, and unapproachable
which seemed by choice- hard to know. She never married to my knowledge and has worked as a church secretary since high school. I ran into her a few years ago heading into a store. She appeared to have maintained her earlier traits in flying colors. During our short conversation, her eyes continued to dart around while making the same cynical expression she had as a kid. She appeared at the ready to report any infractions going on in the store’s entrance! Lol Her “know it all” attitude was displayed in a matter of seconds indicating that she was in fact still judge and jury lol

In reading your post again Dogmaphobe maybe if you could give me more information about what that award entails- social justice -that almost sounds like it’s overboard, extreme, so maybe that’s the problem.

My son described her as a bossy little annoyance constantly getting in everybody's face demanding they apologize for their skin color and admit they were privileged, telling them they were racist if they did not agree, harassed them if they did not think black people should automatically be first in line for jobs or had any thought at all that diverged from her own.
Oh boy... definitely not a good citizen nor should she have been awarded anything. I jumped to conclusions thinking it was like the award that acknowledges a student for showing actions of kindness and positivity towards other students.

I went to school with a girl like you described. In grade school she would be the one in the classroom with her hand held high while looking at a certain student who was passing notes or whispering. The teacher and her classmates knew in advance what she was going to say. She became known as a tattletale, was friendless, and unapproachable
which seemed by choice- hard to know. She never married to my knowledge and has worked as a church secretary since high school. I ran into her a few years ago heading into a store. She appeared to have maintained her earlier traits in flying colors. During our short conversation, her eyes continued to dart around while making the same cynical expression she had as a kid. She appeared at the ready to report any infractions going on in the store’s entrance! Lol Her “know it all” attitude was displayed in a matter of seconds indicating that she was in fact still judge and jury lol
EXACTLY.

I call it the hall monitor personality.

I had a Grade 11 math teacher who told the class that all greatness in history came from the people of Northern Europe because they lived in the cold. They had to be so much smarter than people who lived in warmer climates to creat a great civilization and progress than people who only had to walk into the jungle and pick the food off the trees. When I asked what about the Egyptians? They were building pyramids when our ancestors were living in caves. I got a detention for that - served in that refrigerator of a classroom.

He kept the windows open in winter, to sharpen our minds. Snow landed on desks under the windows, and did not melt. We wore winter coats to class and sat shivering the whole time. I learned nothing and failed math - as did most of the rest of the class. We had 5 Ontario Scholars (graduated with more than 80% average), in our class, including the Vice-Principal's daughter with the 90% average - high achieving white collar kids on a university scholarship track. When the whole class failed his math class - he got fired.

Do you think that this idiot's white supremacist belief system had any impact on his students, other than to make us think he was a total whack job, and completely out of touch with reality?

The women you spoke of, do you think she's converting ANYONE to her way of thinking with these behaviours?

And for every one of these anecdotal tales of rabid left wingers, we can trot out an equal number of stories of crazy book burning rabid right wingers who are hysterically demanding their child not be taught anything that conflicts with what the parent believes, or be given access to Harry Potter because it's blasphemy. Or the State of Texas having textbooks written that call "slavery" a "form of immigration".

So. night_son
Enlighten me.

Im guessing NONE.
It's a nightmare.
The current price for parochial school In my local area is $13,000 a year for high school. My area is not well-suited for a 13,000 a year tuition cost for high school. Most parents with kids in high school are saving to help their kids with college expenses and cannot afford the high cost of parochial instruction. I have neighbors who are sending their three kids to that high school I mentioned. The husband works two jobs and she works one outside of the home. It is ridiculous what some of these parochial schools charge and it definitely reduces the numbers who can attend.
I made my kids watch all the news channels and made sure they knew who their Municipal, State and Federal Reps were.
Out children have to know that spending 20 years pursuing an solid education in math, science, economics and finance will help them avoid being screwed when they grow up.
Why do you lie. My school teaches Home Economics at both middle schools and the HS.
Next you will tell us that no schools have Shop. My school has a wood shop and a metal shop. Students go to State Competitions. They fix engines and make trailers.
It's the philosophical side mostly talked about that is doing the most damage. Otherwise let the children attend schools of choice, but there is a reason that is bulked at when being debated or discussed. The establishment being run by ideological dominance is a major problem in this country now, and the leftist are behind it.

So. night_son
Enlighten me.

Im guessing NONE.
It's a nightmare.
It's the philosophical side mostly talked about that is doing the most damage. Otherwise let the children attend schools of choice, but there is a reason that is bulked at when being debated or discussed. The establishment being run by ideological dominance is a major problem in this country now, and the leftist are behind it.
Beagle, I am glad to live in an area where education is not twisted politically, at least not at this time and not in the school system where my daughter attends, nor in the one I teach. My area is relatively slow to change with most anything. For instance, the town where I teach qualifies (population wise) to become a city, but the voters vote it down every cycle. They've had major growth as far as businesses over the past 20 years. They're continuing to add more businesses, but will at some point run out of land. Still, they maintain a good town board, an efficient town manager, and school administrators are canned when they don't do a good job.

I know inner city schools and others have a different scenario with most issues being more severe as far as needed "clean-up". All schools have room to improve. There are good teachers and bad ones, as well as with administrators, in almost all schools, but "good" being subjective we'd have to trade ideas about that to discuss that aspect.

Forum List

Back