A lying tongue
Hands that shed innocent blood
A heart that devises wicked imaginations
Feet that be swift in running to mischief
A false witness that speaks lies
He that sows discord among brethren

(Proverbs)

Atheists lie constantly. (#2)
Atheists are proud of their superiority and display it relentlessly. (#1)
Atheists are false witnesses that speak lies. (#6)
Atheists sow discord among brethren. (#7)

Try as they might, atheists cannot escape responsibility for these things The Lord hates.

For every atheist that is a dick about it there's ten more that just didn't get anything out of religion or were hurt by it. All that mumbo-jumbo stuff gets harder to believe when even your most selfless prayers always seem to fall on deaf ears.

For every atheist that is a dick about it there's ten more that just didn't get anything out of religion or were hurt by it. All that mumbo-jumbo stuff gets harder to believe when even your most selfless prayers always seem to fall on deaf ears.

I could break down your post like this:

atheist d1cks
tried religion, didn't care for it
were hurt by religion

I wholly agree with 1 and 3 above--these are the outspoken atheists. The second category are the ones least likely to be on forums like this one, tbh.

Often the first category have other issues I won't go into here.

The latter ones--yes, this is a tragic truth. Even in Jesus' day He dealt with this manifestly. He was born a Jew, yet was hounded and eventually murdered by the religion He was born into**. See: the Pharisees and the Sadducees. It seems to me He saved His most pointed rebuke for these sorts. All of Matthew 23 is dedicated to it, and in modern times especially, this is often passed over. But it's important. The chapter culminates in this passage IMO: You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?

In modern times we tend to focus on the Sermons on the Mount and Plain--focusing on the great moral teachings of Christ. And these are unsurpassed. But don't forget the words He had for religious leaders who led people astray. So important.

**this is by no means a condemnation of Jews as a whole.

Sue is sweet all right.;)
Johannes Kepler.jpg
Galileo.jpg

Newton.jpg

A proud look
A lying tongue

(Proverbs)

Try as they might, atheists cannot escape responsibility for these things The Lord hates.
I always enjoy listening to people who speak for the Lord. And there are so many to choose from...

I had you on ignore for the longest time due to your penchant for personal insults even among the brethren, even in matters in which we should agree. I see that my instinct was right on.
YOU were not on IGNORE Sweet Sue. Occupied was.

I had YOU on ignore. ???
I was reading your response to the individual on ignore. To better understand, I clicked the link inside your quote showing HIS statement, which was of course abysmal. Somewhere along the mysterious internet, instead of showing that HE was on my IGNORE, I slipped up and it read that you were. My deepest apologeticalness to you Sweet Sue92.
You da best!

A proud look
A lying tongue

(Proverbs)

I’m never surprised at the lengths pursued by the hyper-religious to promote their hate. The purpose of this thread was merely to project your self-hate, fears and prejudices by attacking those who reject your brand of angry, religious extremism.

Your preoccupation with the decisions of those who use reason and rationality to come to conclusions about they choose to live their lives is concerning. Its really remarkable how angry, proselytizing religionists become when selling their religious wares is met with “no”.

I was reading your response to the individual on ignore. To better understand, I clicked the link inside your quote showing HIS statement, which was of course abysmal. Somewhere along the mysterious internet, instead of showing that HE was on my IGNORE, I slipped up and it read that you were. My deepest apologeticalness to you Sweet Sue92.
You da best!

Thank you, I appreciate that. It shouldn't, but it DOES take a big person to apologize and/or admit wrongdoing on the internet. A mark of integrity IMO. :)

Thank you, I appreciate that. It shouldn't, but it DOES take a big person to apologize and/or admit wrongdoing on the internet. A mark of integrity IMO. :)

Integrousness is one of my virtuosities, I'ma sayin'. But I got lotsa others too....

Integrousness is one of my virtuosities, I'ma sayin'. But I got lotsa others too....

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.”
Galileo was ordered to turn himself in to the Holy Office to begin trial for holding the belief that the Earth revolves around the sun, which was deemed heretical by the Catholic Church. Standard practice demanded that the accused be imprisoned and secluded during the trial.
The Galileo affair (Italian: il processo a Galileo Galilei) began around 1610[1] and culminated with the trial and condemnation of Galileo Galilei by the Roman Catholic Inquisition in 1633.

not sure an interloping christian should be quoting a scientist they condemned as a heretic - for stating a truth.

I could break down your post like this:

atheist d1cks
tried religion, didn't care for it
were hurt by religion

I wholly agree with 1 and 3 above--these are the outspoken atheists. The second category are the ones least likely to be on forums like this one, tbh.

Often the first category have other issues I won't go into here.

The latter ones--yes, this is a tragic truth. Even in Jesus' day He dealt with this manifestly. He was born a Jew, yet was hounded and eventually murdered by the religion He was born into**. See: the Pharisees and the Sadducees. It seems to me He saved His most pointed rebuke for these sorts. All of Matthew 23 is dedicated to it, and in modern times especially, this is often passed over. But it's important. The chapter culminates in this passage IMO: You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?

In modern times we tend to focus on the Sermons on the Mount and Plain--focusing on the great moral teachings of Christ. And these are unsurpassed. But don't forget the words He had for religious leaders who led people astray. So important.

**this is by no means a condemnation of Jews as a whole.
I think Jesus was talking about the Edomites who were forcibly converted to Judaism.

Forum List

Back