What the hell!!??

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
My son is a nice guy ... a mother's dream come true ... never a minute's worth of trouble while he was growing up ... unlike my girls from time to time (mischief makers - no serious crimes).

My girls like to say he was raised by three women ... his mother and them. :eusa_think:

Anyway, his was always a courteous, well behaved, polite little guy - even in high school - you know, open doors for women, well liked by girlfriends' parents, remembers important dates, doesn't have to be told to buy gifts when he goes places, etc. The kind of guy women would love to have (other than the seriously women's lib types I suppose).

So he makes a surprise visit home over Thanksgiving and drops the bombshell news that his wife has served him with divorce papers ... seems she's not happy. :eek: He's been married to this woman for 11 years and during those years she's managed to graduate from college and gotten her graduate degree to boot. Son retires from the military and they buy their first house. They're not in their new house a year before wife sees another house - her dream house - so their original sells after two days on the market and they move into the new house. About 3 weeks after they move in the new house she serves divorce papers because she hasn't been happy for a long time. Really? And she's never shared this with him?

What the hell!!?? Anybody have any ideas, answers??

My son is a nice guy ... a mother's dream come true ... never a minute's worth of trouble while he was growing up ... unlike my girls from time to time (mischief makers - no serious crimes).

My girls like to say he was raised by three women ... his mother and them. :eusa_think:

Anyway, his was always a courteous, well behaved, polite little guy - even in high school - you know, open doors for women, well liked by girlfriends' parents, remembers important dates, doesn't have to be told to buy gifts when he goes places, etc. The kind of guy women would love to have (other than the seriously women's lib types I suppose).

So he makes a surprise visit home over Thanksgiving and drops the bombshell news that his wife has served him with divorce papers ... seems she's not happy. :eek: He's been married to this woman for 11 years and during those years she's managed to graduate from college and gotten her graduate degree to boot. Son retires from the military and they buy their first house. They're not in their new house a year before wife sees another house - her dream house - so their original sells after two days on the market and they move into the new house. About 3 weeks after they move in the new house she serves divorce papers because she hasn't been happy for a long time. Really? And she's never shared this with him?

I have to go with the wife is getting some on the side from a "bad boy" and now that she has used your son to the max, wants to make her relationship with said bad boy the main one.

Its harsh, but its probably true.

Make sure he gets a very good divorce lawyer who is onto her lawyer's game and fight it.

At the very least, in return for giving each some of his or her (future and present) retirement and annuities, force a sale of the new home with the profit (or loss) split between the two.

do they have kids?

A bullet is cheaper than a lawyer. :evil:

No children, thank God under the circumstances!!

He's a cop so not very likely to resort to guns ... however, I do think he has retained a good lawyer. He's having some "moments" but all in all he seems to be taking things in a very mature and sensible manner.

Everybody had good responses ... just wasn't going to multiquote the whole thread! Yeah, another man is pretty much what we think. The er ... "little lady" ... wants him out of the house by the first of the year but he asked his lawyer when he had to be out and she said, "When I tell you." Neither can force the other out of the house. She did say up front that she doesn't want any of his military retirement benefits.

Man, you should have heard his youngest sister when he came out with this news. She was fit to be tied and just going off big time. He was trying to calm her down and I said, "Look, no matter how old you get you are always going to be their little brother and they are going to stand up and protect you like they always did, so you better get use to it."

When they were younger, the girls could tear each other to shreds but if someone just looked at him the wrong way they stuck together like white on rice and went after the other party!! You just didn't mess with their little brother.

Rare is the woman who leaves a man without another man on the side. ... :doubt:

that can be said for men too...now cant it....

no children.....leave it alone...i know its hard...i know its hard but for whatever reason he just need to cut his losses and be glad she is not asking for more....settle with her and move on...but settle on fair terms...he owes her nothing much other that the divorce settlement....

Nobody can answer this with such little information, but usually when marriages break up it's b/c of intimacy issues and/or money issues.

I locked both down before I got married.

I had a friend who had been married for a dozen years.

His wife started pestering him for weeks to get a vasectomy so he finally broke down a had the procedure done.

As he set in a chair watching TV with an ice pack between his legs from the surgery that morning.

The local sheriff's deputy knocked on the door and then handed him his divorce papers.

That was one cold hearted evil "Bitach" for sure. ... :evil:

I had a friend who had been married for a dozen years.

His wife started pestering him for weeks to get a vasectomy so he finally broke down a had the procedure done.

As he set in a chair watching TV with an ice pack between his legs from the surgery that morning.

The local sheriff's deputy knocked on the door and then handed him his divorce papers.

That was one cold hearted evil "Bitach" for sure. ... :evil:

Sounds like a bitchmade chump

Forum List

Back