What The Hell Is Up With Arizona?

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
What the hell is going on in Arizona?

Hispanic citizens suspected of being illegals can be stopped and searched at will by the police.

All citizens allowed to carry concealed weapons.

Now, apparently, Arizona is going to require President Obama to prove up his birth certificate if he plans to be on the ballot in AZ in 2012.

Have the wingnuts taken over?

Hispanic citizens suspected of being illegals can be stopped and searched at will by the police.

Now, apparently, Arizona is going to require President Obama to prove up his birth certificate if he plans to be on the ballot in AZ in 2012.

If the idiots in Washington would secure the border then our border counties wouldn't be having these problems. I applaud Arizona.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

It's the hot sun searing their brains..

The first two are simple. There's all out war going on at the borders and nobody is addressing it so the state of Arizona has to do what it has to do to protect it's citizens. I've heard a lot about what's going on in some west Texas counties. From what I've heard New Mexico has escaped a lot of the violence but Arizona's been hit hard.

Most of what I've been hearing is hearsay so I won't repeat any specifics, but there's been a lot of weird stories of kidnappings, murders, police being threatened, political officials being threatened. Some if it's in the mainstream media, some of it isn't. It's pretty bad down there in Arizona and they're responding the only way they know how I guess, grab a gun, sit on the porch and shoot whatever comes on your property. I honestly don't blame them.

As for the last issue... yes, apparently the wing-nuts have taken over.

The residents of Arizona are sick and tired of being terrorized and killed by illegal aliens.

I do believe they're the #1 violent crime capital of the country because of it.

Could you provide some evidence that any hispanics can be stopped and searched at will by the police? Contrary to what you said, I highly doubt anyone is stopping citizens of any race thinking they are illegals. By definitions, citizens aren't illegals.

What's wrong with carrying concealed weapons?

How is it unreasonable to require any Presidential candidate to prove he is a naturally born citizen? I highly doubt Obama will have a problem getting on the ballot by complying with the law. The fact that candidates havent been asked to provide birth certificates is incredible stupid to begin with.

Couple things from a guy who lives here..

The Obama thing is not even close to being a law. Its one person trying to make a name for himself.

Not all the citizens can carry concealed weapons, you still have to pass a fed. check and be over 21. No felons. We already had a law that allowed people to open carry and really didn't see it too ofter here.

that illegal law simply gives cops permission to stop all non white people whenever they feel like it really. You see, they aren't looking for Polish or European illegals, only brown or black ones.

White people here could care less about this "can I zee your paperz" law because it doesn't affect them. This crap law means its open season on anyone the cops want and these righty's here hate big government? :doubt:

Course, they can't have legitimate reasons for anything can they?

Course, they can't have legitimate reasons for anything can they?

:lol: Must you be sooo serious all the time?

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0420/arizona-bill-force-obama-show-birth-certificate/

The best irony here, the birthers who are fighting so very hard for "states rights" and the Constitution go against the Constitution with such a bill.

An Arizona lawmaker fears her state is becoming a "laughing stock" after the state House passed a bill that will force President Barack Obama to present his birth certificate before being certified to run for president in the state.

Phoenix Democratic Rep. Kyrsten Sinema said the bill passed Monday is among a handful of legislative items that are making Arizona "the laughing stock of the nation."

While the bill does not target President Obama by name, requiring all presidential candidates to show proof of US birth, its intention is clear. "The legislation originated from a fringe group that believes President Barack Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and therefore ineligible to be president," reports the Arizona Republic.

The Republic notes that there are concerns about the bill's constitutionality.

Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett also expressed concern about Burges' amendment, saying that creating state-level eligibility requirements to run for federal office could violate the U.S. Constitution.
"While everyone has an interest in ensuring that only eligible citizens run for president, there are obvious issues with states implementing what could become a patchwork of different tests for a presidential candidate to prove his/her citizenship," said Bennett's spokesman, Matthew Benson, in an e-mail.

Coming Soon: You have to be a Christian to run for office in ____. What great precedent trying to be set here. :cuckoo:

On top of that:

On Monday, the Arizona state Senate voted in favor of a controversial immigration bill that would "make it a state crime for illegal immigrants to not have an alien registration document," the AP reports. "It also would require police to question people about their immigration status if there's reason to suspect they're in the country illegally."

That clause about questioning people without suspicion has raised the ire of civil libertarians, who say it will infringe on basic human rights. On Sunday, the head of the US's largest Catholic diocese compared the law to "Nazi" and "communist tactics" used to sniff out dissidents.

"I can't imagine Arizonans now reverting to German Nazi and Russian Communist techniques whereby people are required to turn one another in to the authorities on any suspicion of documentation," Cardinal Roger Mahoney wrote on his blog, describing the bill as "the country's most retrogressive, mean-spirited, and useless anti-immigrant law."

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Could you provide some evidence that any hispanics can be stopped and searched at will by the police? Contrary to what you said, I highly doubt anyone is stopping citizens of any race thinking they are illegals. By definitions, citizens aren't illegals.

What's wrong with carrying concealed weapons?

How is it unreasonable to require any Presidential candidate to prove he is a naturally born citizen? I highly doubt Obama will have a problem getting on the ballot by complying with the law. The fact that candidates havent been asked to provide birth certificates is incredible stupid to begin with.

The way the law is written is like this....if they see anything, ANYTHING they think is suspicsious and that person is brown, they are allowed to ask for ze paperz...

I dont understand how you can see two hispanics and figure out which one is an illegal or not. I know both, and I couldnt tell if I didnt know the inside story. I have a brother who is a cop in La and he told me he cant tell by sight either.

This is some police state type crap here. Lets see if it does actually pass. One more signature.

If the idiots in Washington would secure the border then our border counties wouldn't be having these problems. I applaud Arizona.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

NO one ever mentions the border of canada, only the brown border down south.

Damn AZ is sounding better and better all the time. If not for the way the Dems screwed up the housing market I'd sell this place and maybe move down there.

New Topics

Forum List

Back