What the hell did Scarborogh mean?

• Banned
I suppose you think Tucker Carlson is left leaning too?

heheheh..

busted.

I like Joe Scarborough. The man made a joke. Lets not put him over the same coals that righty's keep around for gotcha politiking. I dont think it is crazy to wonder about Thompsons relationship since it looks like his wife read the memoirs of anna nicole smith.

• Banned
We dont need to be saying things like this on national TV about the families of our candidates and politicians.

I was pissed at the Right when they were saying fucking stupid things about an 11 year old Chelsey Clinton that were just clearly Dirt Bag antics adn I will do the same when they attack even R candidates families.

I try to stay consistant.

chelsea was a minor.

thompsons wife is not.

How different is it than bringing up rudys marraiges? I dont think such an offhand joke is anything to get foamy about. Joe is still in the business of entertainment these days. Do you think jay leno and conan obrien WONT be making the same jokes?

• Banned
Why do you think it is OK to talk about a mans wife like she is a prostitute simply because she is attractive?

it's not simply because she is attractive.

it's because there is an obvious age discrepency that reminds one of Anna Nicole Smith.

anna-nicole-marshall.jpg

I read on a Townhall blog that while the comment was more "shock-jock" worthy than news commentator worthy, it wasn't completely out-of-left field.

They had been discussing the "stripper workout" craze earlier in the program and it was mentioned that Thompson's wife had said, or someone had heard that Thompson's wife did go to stripper workouts at her gym. Hence Scarborough's comment...

If having men wonder if I'm a stripper because I'm good looking and young was the worst comment hurled my way via the press as a potential presidential first lady, I'd be counting my lucky stars...

I think that there are more important things to worry about...

why is you you cant worry about more than one thing?

I will have to see the show or a transcript of it to determine.

Why is it you are chosing to defend Joe?

You see that is fine it wouldnt bother you but other women would not appreciate beig associated as a stripper.

You dont get to decide for them.

I am holding to a certain standard and applying it acrossed the board.

I dont even what the Rs families to be treated like this.

I do find it interesting you found no need to mention the treatment of Chelsy Clinton when she was 11?

Wow, Truthmatters...you just went in about 15 different directions at once...and amusingly, all of them were wrong...don't worry, I'll try to set you straight below. I didn't think I was attacking you in my statement that I didn't find this to be a big deal...did you mean to respond in such a confrontational tone? Is that your only method of debate or are you simply unaware of how you come across?

Truthmatters wrote:
why is you you cant worry about more than one thing?

So because I stated that this wasn't something I was worried about I can't worry about more than one thing at a time? What an asinine comment.

I will have to see the show or a transcript of it to determine.

Yet here you are, forming opinions about the statement before you have even read the transcript or seen comment made yourself...and here you are posting somewhat confrontational responses to others who have looked into it a bit? Wow...that seems silly to me.

I stated that I had looked into it a bit more and it seemed like the comment was not as out-of-the-blue as it seems - if a woman attends strip dancing aerobic classes...someone might comment on it...especially if she is in the public eye. Is it classy for a news commentator to do it? Not in my opinion. Is it worthy of so much discussion? Well, apparently you feel it is...and you're entitled to that opinion.
Why is it you are chosing to defend Joe?
I don't watch Scarborough...so I have no personal stake in this fight. I couldn't tell you whether he is left or right leaning...I have no clue. I have no clue whether he likes Bush, hates Bush, supported the war, doesn't, likes Thompson, hates Thompson... I read about his comment...and the fact that if the blogger is accurate, it doesn't sound like it was a crazy random comment, but rather a classless comment following a silly train of thought. No defense...just a closer look at the issue.

You see that is fine it wouldnt bother you but other women would not appreciate beig associated as a stripper.

They may not...but considering some of the disgusting treatment other political wives have received (i.e. Laura Bush's mock rape, Mrs. Edwards' fat comments) I don't think that Mrs. Thompson's aerobic strip classes being brought up is a big deal. Obviously she isn't shy about it either if she is going to aerobic strip classes.
You dont get to decide for them.

LOL. Another ridiculous statement. I didn't decide anything for them. In fact, I stated that the comment was unworthy of a news commentary show. But youre ignoring that because it doesn't fit what you wanted to write.

Bottom line, in this nation, public figures and their wives can be talked about. If the public decides its offensive, as you obviously have, they can try to change things and/or stop listening. You were obviously offended, thats fine. I obviously didn't think it was that news worthy...ain't America grand.

I am holding to a certain standard and applying it acrossed the board.

As long as we see you screeching about the comments made about Laura Bush and Condeleeza Rice...the jokes about Cheney and Bush...the comments made about Laura Edwards and Hillary Clinton....

You're going to be a tired individual, raging against every single stupid comment made by someone with a microphone...but more power to you.

I'll settle for simply not listening to idiots who spout nonsense.
I dont even what the Rs families to be treated like this.
Thats big of you...
I do find it interesting you found no need to mention the treatment of Chelsy Clinton when she was 11?

I find it interesting that you found no need to mention the treatment of Laura Bush and Condeleeza Rice this year. LOL. ANOTHER asinine comment. The two issues (Thompson and Chelsea Clinton) have very little to do with one another.

Thompson attends strip aerobics classes and is an adult. The fact that a commentator would mention that she does this is stupid...but not newsworthy.

Chelsea Clinton was a child who was trying to grow up under intense media scrutiny. She did not deserve the treatment she received, nor was it appropriate since she was a minor.

Sigh, I don't know exactly what caused you to respond to my simple post in the way you did...but I hope that you can take a breath before you post again and actually read what I was saying. To restate - in case you missed it again...I have not defended Scarborough at all...I stated that it was classless and not worthy of news commentary. HOWEVER, since the media in this nation have the right to comment on political figures and their family...we as viewers have to choose which ludicrous comments to ignore, and which to comment on. Chelsea Clinton's treatment by the media? Disgusting. Scarborough's comment on Mrs. Thompson? Ehh......big deal.

Just heard about them but Glen Beck is a known hack, joey Scarbourgh is seen as kind of respectable

Joe Scarborough was a R representative who was forced to retire when shortly after his relelction his young female aid was found dead in his office.

I mentioned chelsey eariler yet you chose to only comment on thompson's wife.

I am not even aware of those other stories.

So why do you assume I should be commenting on stories that I have never heard before?

BTW which one of those other stories where on national news?

Joe Scarborough was a R representative who was forced to retire when shortly after his relelction his young female aid was found dead in his office.

As far as I can tell, he was not charged with a crime and has since gone on to another career. So what does this have to do with him saying something classless on his show?

I mentioned chelsey eariler yet you chose to only comment on thompson's wife.

Um...the topic at hand was Mrs. Thompson, not Chelsea. Since you have made it SO obvious that Chelsea is an important side issue to you, I have addressed it. At this point, you continuing to bring it up indicates that you aren't reading my posts or you don't understand my posts...please let me know which one it is. If you aren't reading my posts, I'll stop writing to you. If you are having trouble understanding that I found what the media did to Chelsea Clinton disgusting and what Scarborough said not worth this amount of typing...let me know...I'll try again to restate my position.

(On a side note: I usually don't worry too much about spelling, we all make mistakes, afterall. But you're point about caring SO much about Chelsea Clinton might come across as more sincere if you spelled her name properly.)

I am not even aware of those other stories.
Are you referring to the Laura Bush story, the Laura Edwards story, the Condeleeza Rice story?

As someone who claims to want to "hold to a certain standard and apply[ it acrossed the board," its interesting that you are unaware of so many different instances of the media treating public figures (especially women) quite appallingly. Opie and Anthony, media shock-jocks, did a "humorous" skit that included that "mock rape" or discussion of the rape of Laura Bush and Condeleeza Rice quite recently. They were suspended for the bit.

Laura Edwards was teased mercilessly about her weight throughout the 2004 campaign.

Hillary Clinton's fashion faux pas are national news to some. Highlighting every single embarrassing fashion decision the woman has ever made.

If you are here claiming to be interested in fairness and stopping these kinds of pointless, nasty comments....you need to actually deal with them. All of these have been major news events. Opie and Anthony's was discussed on this board and was national news within the last month or so.

So why do you assume I should be commenting on stories that I have never heard before?

See above. There is nothing wrong with you being unaware of a news story....unless you have already stated that you are here to apply a higher standard across the board.
BTW which one of those other stories where on national news?

All of them.

Forum List

Back