What the Chauvin trial reveals.

George Floyd was the victim of the Great Society, the War on Poverty, and Affirmative Action, not Derek Chauvin.

George Floyd was the victim of Derek Chauvin kneeling on his neck for eight minutes cutting off oxygen.

All while being handcuffed and surrounded by three armed policemen

George Floyd was a dead man walking and you know it. No matter what the cops did or didn't do - he was a dead man - of his own doing. He was filled to the rim with fentanyl and was OD'ing. But yeah, blame the cops - not the asshole.

I disagree.
First of all, the reason Floyd likely had drugs in his system was to get rid of them to avoid arrest.
And arrest that is unwarranted.
The whole War on Drugs is totally illegal, as it defends the rights of no one.
And if he had ingested too many drugs, then a trip to the hospital would have prevented death.
That is not what he died from.
So everything was the fault of the cops, and the cops did everything wrong.

Prove to me that the "arrest" was unwarranted. If he was fighting police officers - he was committing a crime. So again, prove to me that the arrest was "unwarranted"....

Wrong.
If the police are wrong, then you have every right to fight them.
In fact, it is your duty to fight bad police so that they stop harming others.

There is no evidence Floyd fought or resisted anyone, or that he intentionally passed any bad bills.
No a single shred of evidence of anything that warranted any arrest, at all.

The basis of law is that you can use force to defend rights.
Police can not only defend their own rights, but those of all others.
But Floyd was not harming the rights of anyone, so then the police had no authority.
If you think laws passed create authority, then you are wrong and misunderstand.
Laws can't and don't create authority.
The only source of legal authority is the defense of rights.
Which is why Prohibition, the War on Drugs, businesses having to close on Sundays, etc., are all illegal legislations that are not based on law.

Criminal how? By melanin content?

By his prior criminal record. By resisting arrest. By using illegal drugs.

His criminal record was 1 count over 40 years ago.
There was no sign of resisting arrest in any way.
There is no legal basis for criminalizing drugs.
Police who arrest based on drug legislation are the criminals.
Drug laws do not defend rights, so then are inherently illegal.
Prohibition was also inherently illegal.
Elliot Ness was not a hero but a jerk.

George Floyd was the victim of the Great Society, the War on Poverty, and Affirmative Action, not Derek Chauvin.

George Floyd was the victim of Derek Chauvin kneeling on his neck for eight minutes cutting off oxygen.

Floyd was a victim of his own resisting arrest. No resisting, no knee of the neck.

He was not resisting for 8 minutes
Unconscious is not resisting

I watched 8 minutes of video, I did not see a man resisting
Then you didn't see the whole altercation. Blacks resist arrest because they all want their $10 million like Rodney King. Either that, or they are all just fucking stupid not to realize that they could die if they resist arrest.
Then you didn't see the whole altercation. Blacks resist arrest because they all want their $10 million like Rodney King. Either that, or they are all just fucking stupid not to realize that they could die if they resist arrest
Thanks for your honesty.
There was nothing wrong with Chauvin’s actions because blacks are “all just fucking stupid”.
Got it.
I would give the cop a 2 year sentence, because he did something wrong. But most of the blame lies with Floyd for resisting

I never saw any resisting.
Nor was there any reason to arrest Floyd even.
The $20 bill was not proven to be counterfeit, and anyone can unwittingly pass along a counterfeit bill.
Passing a counterfeit $20 is no longer a felony, but just a $100 fine misdemeanor.
In no way should the police have arrested Floyd.
They would not have if he was white, Hispanic, Asian, Indian, etc.

That our system is a good one does not mean we do not have our own problems.
I never said we don't- but, it isn't the system, it's the people-
And by extension, the system.

What I mean by that is that people are people all the time. There is no case where people act totally rationally with foresight and/or reason. People are going to be deeply flawed. Any system to be effective and worthy of use needs to take all those flaws in account as best as possible and deal with them.

For instance, we are going to have power hungry abusive cops that get into the field because they enjoy the power it gives them. Our system of policing needs to take that into account and adjust for that to limit its impact as much as possible so the vast majority of reasonable cops are not held back.

Same with the justice system. Unfortunately our system seems to favor putting the least qualified people on a jury to actually make the hard calls, most of those that are qualified simply do not show up. That is a hole in our system that would be nice to plug though I know not how. There are lots of things that the system itself could use to improve but it is hard to do because people are so damn flawed.

Floyd was a victim of his own resisting arrest. No resisting, no knee of the neck.

Then you didn't see the whole altercation. Blacks resist arrest because they all want their $10 million like Rodney King. Either that, or they are all just fucking stupid not to realize that they could die if they resist arrest.
Then you didn't see the whole altercation. Blacks resist arrest because they all want their $10 million like Rodney King. Either that, or they are all just fucking stupid not to realize that they could die if they resist arrest
Thanks for your honesty.
There was nothing wrong with Chauvin’s actions because blacks are “all just fucking stupid”.
Got it.
I would give the cop a 2 year sentence, because he did something wrong. But most of the blame lies with Floyd for resisting

The $20 bill was not proven to be counterfeit, and anyone can unwittingly pass along a counterfeit bill.
Passing a counterfeit $20 is no longer a felony, but just a $100 fine misdemeanor.
That you did not see it is really not relevant. The footage is out there, has been posted and referred to many times. It is a fact he resisted arrest, not up for question.

That fact was not enough to warrant the abuse by Chauvin and he will never see the outside of a cell because of that but it does not mean that Floyd was not a key player in his own death.

Thanks for your honesty.
Got it.

He resisted arrest, you ignorant woke snowflake.

That our system is a good one does not mean we do not have our own problems.
I never said we don't- but, it isn't the system, it's the people-
And by extension, the system.

What I mean by that is that people are people all the time. There is no case where people act totally rationally with foresight and/or reason. People are going to be deeply flawed. Any system to be effective and worthy of use needs to take all those flaws in account as best as possible and deal with them.

For instance, we are going to have power hungry abusive cops that get into the field because they enjoy the power it gives them. Our system of policing needs to take that into account and adjust for that to limit its impact as much as possible so the vast majority of reasonable cops are not held back.

Same with the justice system. Unfortunately our system seems to favor putting the least qualified people on a jury to actually make the hard calls, most of those that are qualified simply do not show up. That is a hole in our system that would be nice to plug though I know not how. There are lots of things that the system itself could use to improve but it is hard to do because people are so damn flawed.

The system is bad because the cops are hired to do what the wealthy who control the bureaucracy want, and not what is really legal.
Legally the police have no more authority than anyone, because legislators are not a source of any legal authority.
The only legal source of any authority in a democratic republic is defense of inherent individual rights.
We should restrain abuses by police by going to clubs only, like in England.

Thanks for your honesty.
Got it.

That you did not see it is really not relevant. The footage is out there, has been posted and referred to many times. It is a fact he resisted arrest, not up for question.

That fact was not enough to warrant the abuse by Chauvin and he will never see the outside of a cell because of that but it does not mean that Floyd was not a key player in his own death.

When they tried to stuff a person over 6', sideways into the back bench of an 5' wide SUV, only then was there any resistance. And that was normal. They should have kept him sitting up so that he would not have been crushed in like that. They should have waited for the ambulance anyway, since they suspected drugs. Floyd was no problem sitting on the curb, so then there was no resisting.
I have never heard of any police department without a paddy wagon for arresting large people.
You don't try to stuff them sideways into an SUV.

Thanks for your honesty.
Got it.

Not cooperating with being stuffed into the back seat of a little SUV, sideways, is not resisting.
That was his right.

George Floyd was a dead man walking and you know it. No matter what the cops did or didn't do - he was a dead man - of his own doing. He was filled to the rim with fentanyl and was OD'ing. But yeah, blame the cops - not the asshole.

I disagree.
First of all, the reason Floyd likely had drugs in his system was to get rid of them to avoid arrest.
And if he had ingested too many drugs, then a trip to the hospital would have prevented death.

Prove to me that the "arrest" was unwarranted. If he was fighting police officers - he was committing a crime. So again, prove to me that the arrest was "unwarranted"....

Wrong.

There is no evidence Floyd fought or resisted anyone, or that he intentionally passed any bad bills.

But Floyd was not harming the rights of anyone, so then the police had no authority.
If you think laws passed create authority, then you are wrong and misunderstand.
Which is why Prohibition, the War on Drugs, businesses having to close on Sundays, etc., are all illegal legislations that are not based on law.
The store owner who called the police who is an African American was in the wrong then. He knows the game. He knows all the crap that happens and most likely laughs and shakes his head when the game is played. Only this time a potentially violent perp who was a felon and did not try to reform himself which is important, who died.

I disagree.

Wrong.

Good lord.......And you wonder why so man y black men and women are being shot. Unbelievable......

Thanks for your honesty.
Got it.

When they tried to stuff a person over 6', sideways into the back bench of an 5' wide SUV, only then was there any resistance. And that was normal. They should have kept him sitting up so that he would not have been crushed in like that. They should have waited for the ambulance anyway, since they suspected drugs. Floyd was no problem sitting on the curb, so then there was no resisting.
I have never heard of any police department without a paddy wagon for arresting large people.
You don't try to stuff them sideways into an SUV.
Not really all that relevant.

The question was he resisting arrest. The answer is yes, period. That is a fact and is pointless to try and demand that it is not true. Should he have resisted? I would say no and the reason is pretty damn obvious. It is the same reason I do not step onto a crosswalk when a car is coming down the road even if I have the right of way. Who is correct or incorrect in a situation is not relevant if the end result is you in the morgue. The WRONG time to challenge the cops is when they are there with you in hand, armed and angry. That is just common sense.

Your statement goes to Chauvin's culpability in the death of Floyd. Considering he has been convicted of murder I think that culpability is pretty obvious.

A person cannot be arrested for their prior record, dope. Chauvin had no grounds to arrest Floyd in the first place.

The truth of your first sentence is part of why I have no use for the American legal system. I see no place in society for those who cannot follow the law 100% of the time.
I know it is pointless as you are honest in your support of totalitarianism but...

“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”
- Atlas Shrugged

We live in a world where you break, on average, 3 federal laws PER DAY according to Harvey Silverglate and it is hard to refute it.

What an ignorant claim----it is very very very hard to cut off someones airsupply. It's why so many stranglers leave survivors...

Its impossible to suffocate someone to death without leaving bruising and broken neck bones. You shouldn't post Right, if you are going to lie or don't understand basic anatomy.
Wrong again Skippy.
Medical examiner said he died specifically from that.
9 min strangulation
What medical examiner? You obviously have no clue about the airway and how it is protected.....Floyd did not die of strangulation.

BTW, you should look up what the word actually means...verses say asphixation.

The Derek Chauvin trial is revealing a dangerous drop in intelligence in the United States presided over by media, academia, and politics. Americans old enough to remember the verdict in the 1995 OJ Simpson double murder trial witnessed no mass rioting by whites even though Simpson was clearly guilty. Simpson, a black celebrity, killed his estranged wife’s lover by slashing his throat and nearly decapitated her with a knife that was never found.

Simpson then got an airplane with a severely cut hand and fled the scene. What followed was an almost cartoon-like caricature of the US legal system where the venue was changed to make use of a racially tainted population that virtually guaranteed a not guilty finding. The prosecution was comically incompetent relying on the new science of DNA, overwhelming an IQ-challenged jury that could barley comprehend ABC. In defense of the jury, they also knew that if they did not ignore the obvious evidence and free Simpson they would likely have been murdered by an angry mob. Once again, after the verdict, no rioting by whites.

In the ensuing 26 years American higher education, in particular liberal arts, has shifted from educating to indoctrinating and with emergence social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, white intelligence has plummeted to levels so low that life expectancy has dropped in the United States. The resounding theme in American education and its arm banded propaganda media today is that white Americans are bad and must be ethnically cleansed by marginalized minorities via Critical Race Theory with help of “good” whites in order to save democracy.

George Floyd was the victim of the Great Society, the War on Poverty, and Affirmative Action, not Derek Chauvin. The destruction of the nuclear family by white intellectuals put Floyd on the pavement that day so loaded with drugs that his heart gave out. So, in essence, Floyd did die at the hands of White Supremacy imposed on him by white elites that have ruined America by inciting groups to overthrow the country and rebuild it in the image of socialist academic and political aristocracy.

Our system is in dire straits. A ballot stuffed election is the least of our problems. The intelligence of many Americans is so low that they could easily be persuaded to give up all their freedoms and liberties. Meanwhile cities will burn if we do not comply with the plan. Stay tuned.
It's what the media LEAVES OUT.

The number one advantage in preventing abuse, crime and violence is the strong spiritual health, family and community relations based on the same commitment to values as the Christian and Constitutionalist teach and live by.

By empowering people with knowledge and AUTHORITY of law (not oppression and victimhood) the entire narrative changes to POSITIVE.

That is what is missing from the "minority interests and images" in the media being Exploited/Pimped for liberal politics.

The rightwing pimps prolife and progun politics to get people amped up.

The leftwing pimps their dependence on govt to address problems by playing with symptoms instead of curing the root causes and investing in real solutions.

Derek Chauvin does not represent police procedures. And George Floyd does not represents how citizens should behave either. None of this is the standard norm.

What we need to focus on promoting and enforcing is consistent ethical and law abiding respect and shared responsibility between people and govt, equally treating all people as the military and police who takes oaths of sacred duty to defend the laws and "democratic values" due process and equal protections under the Constitution.

Failure to resolve conflicts by due process results in abuse that can escalate into worse civil or criminal violations.

Both sides contributed to an escalating conflict.

We don't need to incite more escalation, but more effective correction and prevention.

Where are those model examples and images in the media?

That is what is missing here.
You cannot end war by inciting more war.

Www.ethics-commission.net

Chauvin had to be found guilty on all counts, not because he was guilty on all counts but to prevent rioting, looting, and burning. Our political and educational institutions have corroded to the extent that violence and destruction are expected and worse, accepted.

This is a very bad thing for the United States and democracy because neither can survive under these circumstances. American media has gone to prostitution and higher education has drifted into Mafia Style, protection racket, criminality. American colleges and universities have abandoned academics to recruit mobs against an ethnic group which is all white people.

Non compliance is swiftly punished with scorched earth destruction first in cities, then in neighborhoods where innocent people live. This ugly power grab has been a long time coming and with the questionable results of the last presidential election it descends on us like a pall worse than the current pandemic.

Our legal system is in tatters and despite what the experts are saying about how well it worked, if failed when that judge did not declare a mistrial when an OJ Simpson-like change of venue was denied, Maxine Waters incited a riot, the President weighed in with an appeal for a guilty verdict and the city of Minneapolis awarded the Floyd family 27 million dollars before the jury was even seated!

Under normal circumstances Chauvin's appeal would guarantee the overturning of that verdict but the cowardice of the population in the face of rioting and looting encouraged by politics, media, and education leaves that awful outcome in limbo.

We better get a handle on this fast because contrived systemic racism will shatter our democracy.
So blacks think if the cop gets let off it's proof of a rigged system and you think a conviction is not justified but only so blacks don't riot?

You're an idiot and a racist. If this case isn't a slam dunk for you then nothing will be. I know, "why didn't he listen to the officers lawful commands?" Same reason the insurrectionists didn't listen. But only one of them got shot. She was part of a wild mob. This guy was handcuffed and defenseless.

You're a racist asshole. Congrats. Die old man.

It's true that if Floyd had not resisted arrest he'd be alive. But that doesn't justify that the cop turned around and choked him to death. Chauvin was guilty. I agree with you that I don't like Floyd being hailed as any sort of great person, he wasn't. But it's not up to the cops to kill crappy people on the street, it just isn't
I think that people should understand that if you resist arrest you might well die. None of this $27 million to his family because he resisted arrest. Now everyone will do it even more. Should just have shot him.

So if you want the penalty for resisting arrest to be death by cop on the street, get that enacted into the law.

Most people think punishments should be proportional to the crime and cops should not be allowed to be judges on the street. But you can make your case.

That you're a libertarian is laughable though, you're a statist
For people who don't like the government telling them what to do, they sure do want to give the police an awful lot of power. I wonder if they were murdering young white boys would they still want the cops to have that much power? No way.

Reminds me of welfare. Conservatives used to love welfare for poor single moms until the Supreme Court said it was unconstitutional for them to deny poor black women when they don't deny poor white women.

Same thing here. Because it's blacks being killed, they have no empathy like they would if they were white men being murdered.

Thanks for your honesty.
Got it.

Not cooperating with being stuffed into the back seat of a little SUV, sideways, is not resisting.
That was his right.
No it wasn't his right to resist arrest. You urban chimps are really something, like you have a right to resist arrest. Idiots.

Forum List

Back