What teachers really want to tell parents

R

rdean

What teachers really want to tell parents - CNN.com

One of my biggest pet peeves is when I tell a mom something her son did and she turns, looks at him and asks, "Is that true?" Well, of course it's true. I just told you. And please don't ask whether a classmate can confirm what happened or whether another teacher might have been present. It only demeans teachers and weakens the partnership between teacher and parent.

---------------------------------

This article is hilarious. When you hear it from the side of the teacher, it's a real eye opener.

The landlady where we rented retired after 30 years of teaching. She said "I'll sure miss the kids... but NOT the parents!"

I notice there's a difference between parents being involved and parents "interfering". The involved are successful.

The concept of Rdean being in any kind of responsible position regarding education on any topic at any grade level from diaper training on up amounts to tragedy for the students involved.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when I tell a mom something her son did and she turns, looks at him and asks, "Is that true?" Well, of course it's true. I just told you. And please don't ask whether a classmate can confirm what happened or whether another teacher might have been present. It only demeans teachers and weakens the partnership between teacher and parent.

I don't see why anyone would automatically take the word of someone like you over that of their own child. If your ego is too sensitive for confirmation then GTFO of teaching and find another way of promoting your agenda. Good luck finding such a captive audience though.

The concept of Rdean being in any kind of responsible position regarding education on any topic at any grade level from diaper training on up amounts to tragedy for the students involved.

Fuck you foul mouth bitch.

I don't see why anyone would automatically take the word of someone like you over that of their own child. If your ego is too sensitive for confirmation then GTFO of teaching and find another way of promoting your agenda. Good luck finding such a captive audience though.

Yea, because teachers are proven liars. No wonder the right wing hates education.

Yea, because teachers are proven liars. No wonder the right wing hates education.

ONE-NOTE-SAMBA.gif

do people like you EVER tire of just heaving personal insults?

You seem to live on it.

What a petty exsistance to run arround personally insulting people when there is so much to discuss.

What a small exsistance the people like you must live.

There are so damned many here on the right who spend their whole day doling out personal insults in the face of real facts and real discussions.

What is it you think you are acomplishing by scooping up heaping helpings of nothing but "I dont like you so you suck" all day long?

Jesus its no wonder this country is such a mess after 8 years of meaningless bullshit like you spew oozing out of the ears of the people in control.

You can insult people anywhere on the net, why not go where that is what people want.

No need to stay here where people actually want to have adult discussions about the facts.

The landlady where we rented retired after 30 years of teaching. She said "I'll sure miss the kids... but NOT the parents!"

I notice there's a difference between parents being involved and parents "interfering". The involved are successful.

Having 4 kids, I don't think there was a single parent/teacher conference I missed. Even after the divorce I made sure to schedule my own. I think to have a parent even show up constitutes involvement.

YOu know what I wanted to tell parents?

I'm your kids history teacher, folks.

That's ALL I am.

If your kid isn't interested in what I have to say, if the kid isn't willing to put up with my boring lectures, and isn't willing to get with the program, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP SENDING HIM/HER TO MY CLASSROOM!

Teachers are as likely to lie as anyone else. What, do you think you're special?

do people like you EVER tire of just heaving personal insults?

You seem to live on it.

What a petty exsistance to run arround personally insulting people when there is so much to discuss.

What a small exsistance the people like you must live.

There are so damned many here on the right who spend their whole day doling out personal insults in the face of real facts and real discussions.

What is it you think you are acomplishing by scooping up heaping helpings of nothing but "I dont like you so you suck" all day long?

Jesus its no wonder this country is such a mess after 8 years of meaningless bullshit like you spew oozing out of the ears of the people in control.

You can insult people anywhere on the net, why not go where that is what people want.

No need to stay here where people actually want to have adult discussions about the facts.

Nice post, you fucking hypocrite.

From the article:

We are educated professionals who work with kids every day and often see your child in a different light than you do. If we give you advice, don't fight it. Take it, and digest it in the same way you would consider advice from a doctor or lawyer.

Teachers should also understand that parents see their own kids every day, and "in a different light" than educated professionals.

If my sister heeded the pleas of her sons' teachers she would have had them medicated since kindergarten. Instead, she stood her ground and engaged in a years-long battle with both teachers and administrators until finally being granted IEP's for both.

Today they (12 and 15) are both in accelerated classes and testing far above their peers. The younger one is being courted by MENSA. When the older boy was in 6th grade he was penalized for not showing his work on test papers. He handed his calculator to the teacher and said "here's my work". He programmed it himself. The teacher didn't have a clue so referred him to the principal.

I understand the frustration that teachers have in dealing with parents. Mrs. H. had plenty of stories and they were pathetic.

Anyway- hate to stray off toipc. Continue with your flame fests. :D

Forum List

Back