What system of government does the USA use?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Democracy? Federal Constitutional Republic? Something else? What about,

"Oligarchy (from Greek ὀλιγαρχία (oligarkhía); from ὀλίγος (olígos), meaning "few", and ἄρχω (arkho), meaning "to rule or to command")[1][2][3] is a form of power structure in which power effectively rests with a small number of people. These people could be distinguished by royalty, wealth, family ties, education, corporate, religious or military control. Such states are often controlled by a few prominent families who typically pass their influence from one generation to the next, but inheritance is not a necessary condition for the application of this term."
Oligarchy - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Sounds like exactly what the US has become to me.

Democracy? Federal Constitutional Republic? Something else? What about,

"Oligarchy (from Greek ὀλιγαρχία (oligarkhía); from ὀλίγος (olígos), meaning "few", and ἄρχω (arkho), meaning "to rule or to command")[1][2][3] is a form of power structure in which power effectively rests with a small number of people. These people could be distinguished by royalty, wealth, family ties, education, corporate, religious or military control. Such states are often controlled by a few prominent families who typically pass their influence from one generation to the next, but inheritance is not a necessary condition for the application of this term."
Oligarchy - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Sounds like exactly what the US has become to me.

FASCISTIC.

The Constitution (1787) was abolished in 1935 by the FDR coup d'etat.

"A few prominent families..." Sounds like the potential for a 3rd President Bush to me.

"The wealthy..." Ever hear of a politician doing what some poor guy suggests instead of what some rich one does?

"The religious..." Prayer breakfasts attended by politicians - nuff' said.

"The military..." Military Industrial Complex ring a bell?

"Corporations..." Who donates the most to political campagins?

We're a constitutional, federalist democratic republic.

"A few prominent families..." Sounds like the potential for a 3rd President Bush to me.
Did you know that, technically, everyone is at most 50th cousins? That's a global thing. People from your particular area are generally far more genetically close to you.

"The wealthy..." Ever hear of a politician doing what some poor guy suggests instead of what some rich one does?
How many people involved in politics are impoverished?

"The religious..." Prayer breakfasts attended by politicians - nuff' said.
While we're officially/legally secular, the population of the US is still overwhelmingly Christian, at least in name. This includes our politicians. Politicians retain their personal freedoms of religion and association. You can't stop a Christian politician from going to a Christian prayer any more than you can stop a Muslim politician from observing Ramadan or a Jewish one from going to his synagogue of preference.

"The military..." Military Industrial Complex ring a bell?
Actually, I have a different perspective on this one too. I'm totally glad we have a military industrial complex. They're the ones who make our uniforms and camo. They're the ones who make our safety equipment and weapons systems. I'm particularly fond of Raytheon for their hard work making sure we're safe and well equipped. Isn't that exactly what liberals claim they want us to be?

"Corporations..." Who donates the most to political campagins?
I do agree that this is bullshit. Corporations aren't people. They're groups ("bodies") of people. There's not really an excuse for giving them political rights like people.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back