What should we do to employers who hire illegal immigrants?

What should we do to employers who hire illegal immigrants?

• Yes, $20,000 per illegal immigrant and one year in prison sounds about right

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • No, we shouldn't bother the employers of illegal immigrants

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
Employers hire illegal immigrants because they like the cheap wages.

Illegal immigrants like the jobs because they can make in one month in America what they can make in a entire year back in their home countries.

The only way to stop illegal immigration is to punish the people who employ illegal immigrants.

How about:

1. If you whistle blow on a employer who hires illegal immigrants, you get $1,000 per illegal immigrant deported.

2. Employers are fined $20,000 per illegal immigrant and 1 year in federal prison.

Guaranteed to get rid of the 12+ million illegal immigrants living and working in America.

trump did zero to deport the 12+ million illegal immigrants living in working in America.

I would make all owners of the enterprise prisoners in jail and put the plant under employee control and profit with stiff penalties for any violators hiring known illegal aliens. The illegals can be repatriated to their nation with the warning of a long prison sentence if they return or execution.

Employers hire illegal immigrants because they like the cheap wages.

Illegal immigrants like the jobs because they can make in one month in America what they can make in a entire year back in their home countries.

The only way to stop illegal immigration is to punish the people who employ illegal immigrants.

How about:

1. If you whistle blow on a employer who hires illegal immigrants, you get $1,000 per illegal immigrant deported.

2. Employers are fined $20,000 per illegal immigrant and 1 year in federal prison.

Guaranteed to get rid of the 12+ million illegal immigrants living and working in America.

trump did zero to deport the 12+ million illegal immigrants living in working in America.

Why should the government even punish employers for hiring illegals? You don't think the Biden administration is welcoming them into the country with open arms?

I sense a double standard here.

Lock them up and the jobs will dry up
No they won't as another biz person willing to hire legal will open up or expand to accommodate the markets needs.

I dont think 20k is enough.
How about if found purposely hiring illegals they lose the right to be in that business for a certain amount of years and if they repeat the illegal alien crap no business at all?

But first, they'll have to find legal citizens who are willing to do those jobs.
False analogy.
A bridge contractor super we knew told Rod he would not hire him because illegal aliens worked much cheaper.

Why should the government even punish employers for hiring illegals? You don't think the Biden administration is welcoming them into the country with open arms?

I sense a double standard here.
the double standard is being served by you.

No they won't as another biz person willing to hire legal will open up or expand to accommodate the markets needs.

That is the idea behind locking up employers of illegals

Lock up just one and the others will be too afraid to hire illegal workers

That is the idea behind locking up employers of illegals

Lock up just one and the others will be too afraid to hire illegal workers
Put them out of business for they can't do it and others will take notice too.

I would make all owners of the enterprise prisoners in jail and put the plant under employee control and profit with stiff penalties for any violators hiring known illegal aliens. The illegals can be repatriated to their nation with the warning of a long prison sentence if they return or execution.
Great idea, then if the employees hire an illegal immigran, then all the employees will wind up in prison..

But first, they'll have to find legal citizens who are willing to do those jobs.

No they won't and this is why those who pretend to care about this do not hold their politicians accountable..........

I've argued forever for strict compliance and huge fines for employers who hire illegals. We should have mandatory e-verify with no loopholes.

But business gets whatever business wants in this country. So what will happen is the day that mandatory e-verify gets passed, the illegal work force gets made legal. That is why all the rhetoric is only that. No one is actually going to do anything.

Business doesn't want them legal as then they have to pay a legal wage and business gets whatever it wants.

I would add the caveat "KNOWINGLY" before I would fine anybody.

I would, however, support extending the fines to include all the wealthy individuals who run no business, but hire illegals to attend to their housecleaning, building or landscaping needs. That is the bigger problem in terms of how many illegals are working here in the U.S.

Of course, the elites like Nancy, Gavin and all the rest would never go for that because they are the ones doing it.

I would add the caveat "KNOWINGLY" before I would fine anybody.

I would, however, support extending the fines to include all the wealthy individuals who run no business, but hire illegals to attend to their housecleaning, building or landscaping needs. That is the bigger problem in terms of how many illegals are working here in the U.S.

Of course, the elites like Nancy, Gavin and all the rest would never go for that because they are the ones doing it.
I agree
Require Everify

Check the worker out, make a copy of the results when you check and if it later turns out he is illegal you are in the clear

Forum List

Back