What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should we do to employers who hire illegal immigrants?

What should we do to employers who hire illegal immigrants?

• Yes, $20,000 per illegal immigrant and one year in prison sounds about right

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No, we shouldn't bother the employers of illegal immigrants

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Employers hire illegal immigrants because they like the cheap wages.

Illegal immigrants like the jobs because they can make in one month in America what they can make in a entire year back in their home countries.

The only way to stop illegal immigration is to punish the people who employ illegal immigrants.

How about:

1. If you whistle blow on a employer who hires illegal immigrants, you get $1,000 per illegal immigrant deported.

2. Employers are fined $20,000 per illegal immigrant and 1 year in federal prison.

Guaranteed to get rid of the 12+ million illegal immigrants living and working in America.

trump did zero to deport the 12+ million illegal immigrants living in working in America.
Lock them up. No jobs, no illegals.

Batcat

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Lock them up and the jobs will dry up
Locking up couple employers plus giving them a hefty fine and the problem of illegal immigrants will disappear like free beer. There will be a rush to the border in the opposite direction.

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Locking up couple employers plus giving them a hefty fine and the problem of illegal immigrants will disappear like free beer. There will be a rush to the border in the opposite direction.

That would work
But we both know that will never happen

Better to lock up some Mexican working 12 hours a day to feed his family than some executive making millions off of cheap labor

Dekster

Gold Member
Reaction score
Employers hire illegal immigrants because they like the cheap wages.

Illegal immigrants like the jobs because they can make in one month in America what they can make in a entire year back in their home countries.

The only way to stop illegal immigration is to punish the people who employ illegal immigrants.

How about:

1. If you whistle blow on a employer who hires illegal immigrants, you get $1,000 per illegal immigrant deported.

2. Employers are fined $20,000 per illegal immigrant and 1 year in federal prison.

Guaranteed to get rid of the 12+ million illegal immigrants living and working in America.

trump did zero to deport the 12+ million illegal immigrants living in working in America.

I think the employer should be required to take taxes out on them like any other employee, and insure them like any other employee, and give them the same benefits as any other employee. It is not the employer's job to do the government's effing job for them.

Viktor

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm not the one welcoming a horde of illegals into this country. You seem to have no problem with it though.
I was a supporting member of the Antidefamation League for years because they did a good job of fighting antisemitism and debunking the lies of the bigots. However, these misguided people are now supporting open borders and helping illegal aliens. I just resigned and told them they were not loyal Americans anymore.

Jarlaxle

Gold Member
Reaction score
OTHER -

$50K penalty per individual found without documentation. Permanent loss of business license.
What about the many who DO have documentation...but it's bogus? Or its real...but stolen.

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Lock them up. No jobs, no illegals.

Locking them up won't erase the jobs.

If I were to go to prison tomorrow for hiring illegals (which I proudly do not do), my businesses would continue to operate.

You have to go after the business itself, as well...

hjmick

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congratulate them on finding people who want to work...

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Locking them up won't erase the jobs.

If I were to go to prison tomorrow for hiring illegals (which I proudly do not do), my businesses would continue to operate.

You have to go after the business itself, as well...
Of you owned th business you'd put a stop to it real.fast from your cell.

sartre play

Gold Member
Reaction score
Then when they're caught with illegal immigrants in their employ, the employer just shrugs and lies "I didn't know they were illegal."

When he did know.
This is the real problem, business of course likes cheap labor, so the rule is the illegal has to find good fake papers then the employer can just say there papers were in order.

Jarlaxle

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is the real problem, business of course likes cheap labor, so the rule is the illegal has to find good fake papers then the employer can just say there papers were in order.
Of course...if the business says documents aren't "good enough", they risk getting sued.

And many have REAL documents...they just belong to someone else.

Circe

Gold Member
Reaction score
But first, they'll have to find legal citizens who are willing to do those jobs.
That's the thing.

We seriously need the lettuce. And the crabs picked (Mexicans do it all). And the chickens and pigs slaughtered. Can't get blacks to do any of that.

Or whites, of course.

Circe

Gold Member
Reaction score
I would suggest this is NOT the time to be hunting down employers of illegals ------

All the shortages from vaccine mandates are bad enough. Get rid of the people who do all the dirty jobs in this country and then we'll really have a problem.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$120.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List