What should we do if China invades Taiwan? Let's settle that question right here.

We should make it very clear we will defend Taiwan if the CCP attacks. We should build a coalition (India, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, the Philippines, Australia, etc.) against CCP aggression.

The CCP has forcibly sterilized, imprisoned, starved, tortured, killed tens of millions of its own people. Can you imagine how the CCP will treat foreigners? Do you want to live in a world dominated by CCP dictators?

I want to debate that point by point. But first, are you anticipating doing any of the fighting yourself? Either way, I'll respond to the other points, but I want to know where you're coming from.

I want to debate that point by point. But first, are you anticipating doing any of the fighting yourself? Either way, I'll respond to the other points, but I want to know where you're coming from.
I would be happy to fight Communist dictators, wouldn’t you?

Last edited:
I would be happy to fight Communist dictators, wouldn’t you?
What do you mean "would be?" I'll take that for no, you won't be the one doing the fighting.

I'll gladly fight communist dictators when they invade the U.S. I've lived a full life, I'll give up what little is left of it to protect my young from totalitarianism.

What you're saying is that you will happily send our young to fight for foreigners being invaded by other foreigners. You have a big screen to watch it from, so it will be just like you're there!

Personal stake aside, if we were ever going to go to war to protect Taiwan, we should have been making that very clear, not keeping the commie Chinese guessing until they finally guess that we won't defend Taiwan and attack.

There's no consensus for us to make that commitment, so we should not make it. We don't even have the political will to recognize Taiwan as China.

What do you mean "would be?" I'll take that for no, you won't be the one doing the fighting.

I'll gladly fight communist dictators when they invade the U.S. I've lived a full life, I'll give up what little is left of it to protect my young from totalitarianism.

What you're saying is that you will happily send our young to fight for foreigners being invaded by other foreigners. You have a big screen to watch it from, so it will be just like you're there!

Personal stake aside, if we were ever going to go to war to protect Taiwan, we should have been making that very clear, not keeping the commie Chinese guessing until they finally guess that we won't defend Taiwan and attack.

There's no consensus for us to make that commitment, so we should not make it. We don't even have the political will to recognize Taiwan as China.
We should make it clear that the U.S. will protect Taiwan.

I’m sure you think that some dictators should be stopped. We shouldn’t appease them. Correct?

If a dictator is really evil and bent on world domination we should build a coalition and fight him. It would be foolish to wait until he lands on our shores, right?

So we should consider: Are the CCP dictators truly evil, are they ambitious, are they dangerous?

Last edited:
How long ago was it that we recognized the Commies in China? Wasn't that Jimmy Carter's doing?

Stationing combat troops in Taiwan was NOT in the interest of the Republic of China and would be considered a act of war by the Commies.

Economic sanctions against a country holding all the cards? :abgg2q.jpg:

Just exactly what manufacturing did we export to China?
Your last question is an interesting one, because throughout this nation we see factories that have been shuttled in favor of off shoring in order to skirt strict regulations and labor cost, now how much of our imports China owns verses other nation's is an interesting question that definitely needs answering quick fast and in a hurry.

We should make it clear that the U.S. will protect Taiwan.

I’m sure you think that some dictators should be stopped. We shouldn’t appease them. Correct?

If a dictator is really evil and bent on world domination we should build a coalition and fight him. It would be foolish to wait until he lands on our shores, right?

So we should consider: Are the CCP dictators truly evil, are they ambitious, are they dangerous?

Building coalitions that you speak of, uhhhhh might be tough these days or rather gaining their trust and their loyalties without having leverage over them, uhhhhhh probably is impossible after the direction this country has taken or went into these days. So in that scenario who becomes the communist or dictator's once having to force those into a coalition based upon leverages instead of them volunteering their services based on our character ????

My answer is this: nothing.

If we were ever going to spend American blood and treasure defending Taiwan, we should have never recognized commie China, and we should have stationed troops in Taiwan, so the Chinese would know that they cannot invade without fighting the U.S.

Economic sanctions, I'd be more OK with. I have a son in the reserves, so I'm never going to be OK with going to war over another country. But even with sanctions, we'd hurt ourselves as much as China.

So, if we were ever going to cut off economic ties to China to punish them for taking Taiwan, we should have never exported our manufacturing to them, and borrowed so much money from them.

But, I'd like to hear y'all's opinion so we can come to an consensus.
It doesn't matter what we think. What matters is how deep in China's back pocket Joe is.

Forum List

Back