What should we call the President?

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
I guess you've noticed that I have zero respect for the President. I show that as well as by my posts, by my refusal to capitalize his name, as in President barack obama.
Each time I type out his name, I get the red squiggly line that indicates a spelling error. Right clicking gives me suggestions for a correction. For obama, I get "Obadiah, Obadias, Bamako, Alabama and abeam"
For barack, I get "barrack, bareback, Barabbas, backtrack and tamarack.
I am considering calling our current POTUS "Barabbas Bamako" What do you think? I think there's a nice ring to it. Could it catch on?

I guess you've noticed that I have zero respect for the President. I show that as well as by my posts, by my refusal to capitalize his name, as in President barack obama.
Each time I type out his name, I get the red squiggly line that indicates a spelling error. Right clicking gives me suggestions for a correction. For obama, I get "Obadiah, Obadias, Bamako, Alabama and abeam"
I am considering calling our current POTUS "Barabbas Bamako" What do you think? I think there's a nice ring to it. Could it catch on?

Surely! And I know in his shoes, I'd MUCH rather be called BB than BO.

Our side lived w/ Dubya/Shrub for 8-years. Democracies do ocassionally have Presidential elections :rolleyes: and President Obama won his. ;)

My guess is that if you met him in person and he had to hear 5 seconds worth of your ridiculous ranting, you'd be calling him Mr. "Please get your knee out of my chest and stop punching me in the face."

Ernie has a nice ring to it too.

Our side lived w/ Dubya/Shrub for 8-years. Democracies do ocassionally have Presidential elections :rolleyes: and President Obama won his. ;)

True dat. So your side got to play with Bush's name for 8 years. Is turnabout now not fair play? I have zero respect for the man and dislike the red squigglies.

Mr. President or Sir. and if you're sitting down, you stand up when he walks in.

My guess is that if you met him in person and he had to hear 5 seconds worth of your ridiculous ranting, you'd be calling him Mr. "Please get your knee out of my chest and stop punching me in the face."

I strongly doubt he would land a shot, but you can dream.

How will Ernie survive if/when the President is reelected? He must've heard about Perry's disastrous, double-digit loss in the Fla straw poll no doubt? Maybe thats what brought this on. Perry's a RINO anyway ;)

How will Ernie survive if/when the President is reelected? He must've heard about Perry's disastrous, double-digit loss in the Fla straw poll no doubt? Maybe thats what brought this on. Perry's a RINO anyway ;)

If the GOP wins next year, it doesn't matter who it is. All the cons here will call him a RINO and deny ever supporting him when his policies fail miserably, like every contemporary Republican president.

Thankfully I won't have to worry about that.
What brought this on was simply irritation over red squiggly lines. One would think that after 3 years of near constant articles and internet posts using the name barack obama, spell check would have updated data.

Thankfully I won't have to worry about that.
What brought this on was simply irritation over red squiggly lines. One would think that after 3 years of near constant articles and internet posts using the name barack obama, spell check would have updated data.

Dear dude; surely you jest. Spell check says all manner of words that ARE correctly typed, are not. I routinely see what they marked wrong, and find I was right at dictionary.com.

Is turning spell check off an option, I wonder.

That'll show him!

New Topics

Forum List

Back