Debate Now What should be the goal of our prison system?

What say you?

• Reformation

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Hard time

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • A mix of both

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • Other

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters
The goal?

To keep those that can’t behave in a civilized manner away from the rest of us who can.

So as you all know I speak from a bit of experience but I see what I consider crazy posts on the subject all the time.

For those that don't know I was sentenced to 5 to 15 at the age of 16. I was all about ME and as a result all the group homes and foster homes couldn't save me. So let's get to the point...

There seem to be two different mindsets to felons and imo BOTH are wrong. Some say "throw away the key's " while others say "no bail"

Well i can speak somewhat to the no bail position. My grandmother bailed me out time after time and all it achieved what to deepen my boldness because i considered myself untouchable. She wasn't a bad woman, she just blindly loved me. Basically she played the role of a bleeding heart liberal with their no bail bullshit.
The flipside to that is the people that think simply locking people up and forgetting about them solves the problem.

Recividisom is a major problem in the prison population. You lock a man up and hold him in a hole for years. Then suddenly he gets his freedom and just like before he went in he has no tools to cope with society. He's kicked into a halfway house for 30 days and then suddenly, after years of being treated like a dog in a kennel, is expected to function in society. No one will hire him except the people who want the tax credits available to them. Those same employers abuse the employees under the threat of "reporting them"

Imo every convict that isn't convicted of violent crimes should be offered basic educational classes and should be REQUIRED to finish a trade school vocation before being eligible for release.
When I was in prison vocational education was an option and not required. I took it to get the fuck out of my cell and that was the only reason. That vocation that i used for a sense of freedom is likely the only reason i am free today.

We have to "arm" convicts with the skills to succeed. Or we can simply lock them up and hope to God they dont become our or our children's neighbors when they get out.

/blog

My first attempt at a not troll debate in this forum.
I read that I'm supposed to make three rules but I have no idea what that means?
No insults
No partisan bs
Tell me I'm cool

Yeah, I like those three rules.....GO!
I had a whole prison reform plan drawn up for Wardens and volunteer speakers to utilize, but I can't find the doc file.
Basic jest of it is to teach common sense reasoning anyone can grasp that their joy & ease in prison and once back out (like a retreat or camp-paradise) or pain and suffereing (like their own hell hole) is their choice collectively and shared in how they choose to live inside and outside in treating and enjoying each other's comradery, instead of choosing egos and pride challenging and annoying each other making life miserablly tense and violent.
Their choice inside to live in a safe overnight camp environment vs a dangerous prison is collectively theirs. 1 goes by fast, while the other makes sentences go by painstakingly slow and miserable, that's if you make it that far alive.
The concept is the same for the outside world and spiritually the choice of heavenly paradise or hell on earth.

If you're in "for life", then there is no reason why you should not be forcibly expired.
If you are a "lifer", then you are nothing more than a waste of space, literally.....a considerable waste of tax dollars, more strain on the system, needless hassle for the prison employees, etc....

Murderers who didn't kill for their own protection or of someone else's, rapists, pedophiles, etc..., should all be forcibly expired. There is no reason for them to be left alive, nor to have billions if not trillions of dollars of taxpayers money spent keeping them alive.

Other prisoners should have an attempt made to recondition and reeducate. They should NOT be pampered with Wifi, cable, TV, internet, or anything FREE. They should be made to work fulltime jobs....... or become human guinea pigs for Big Pharma and experimentation if they have become unable to be reformed.

CEO's, politicians, bankers, etc..... People in high positions that can destroy peoples lives on a massive scale, should all be hanged in public places.

The problem with todays overcrowded prisons is, there are no more deterrents for the criminal element to fear. Why give a crap about killing someone because they said "NO" to you, when you get a life of FREE everything, including your own self-contained, fully stocked mini apartment???? There are no deterrents for criminals anymore. Go out and kill, maim, rape, and torture all you want.......you get a life of considerable luxury for doing it.

I always laugh at the whole "tools to function in society" bit.

It's not that difficult not to rob, assault, or otherwise abuse other people.

So as you all know I speak from a bit of experience but I see what I consider crazy posts on the subject all the time.

For those that don't know I was sentenced to 5 to 15 at the age of 16. I was all about ME and as a result all the group homes and foster homes couldn't save me. So let's get to the point...

There seem to be two different mindsets to felons and imo BOTH are wrong. Some say "throw away the key's " while others say "no bail"

Well i can speak somewhat to the no bail position. My grandmother bailed me out time after time and all it achieved what to deepen my boldness because i considered myself untouchable. She wasn't a bad woman, she just blindly loved me. Basically she played the role of a bleeding heart liberal with their no bail bullshit.
The flipside to that is the people that think simply locking people up and forgetting about them solves the problem.

Recividisom is a major problem in the prison population. You lock a man up and hold him in a hole for years. Then suddenly he gets his freedom and just like before he went in he has no tools to cope with society. He's kicked into a halfway house for 30 days and then suddenly, after years of being treated like a dog in a kennel, is expected to function in society. No one will hire him except the people who want the tax credits available to them. Those same employers abuse the employees under the threat of "reporting them"

Imo every convict that isn't convicted of violent crimes should be offered basic educational classes and should be REQUIRED to finish a trade school vocation before being eligible for release.
When I was in prison vocational education was an option and not required. I took it to get the fuck out of my cell and that was the only reason. That vocation that i used for a sense of freedom is likely the only reason i am free today.

We have to "arm" convicts with the skills to succeed. Or we can simply lock them up and hope to God they dont become our or our children's neighbors when they get out.

/blog

My first attempt at a not troll debate in this forum.
I read that I'm supposed to make three rules but I have no idea what that means?
No insults
No partisan bs
Tell me I'm cool

Yeah, I like those three rules.....GO!
Make license plates for India and China.
Setup a print shop and print Quranz

If you're in "for life", then there is no reason why you should not be forcibly expired.
If you are a "lifer", then you are nothing more than a waste of space, literally.....a considerable waste of tax dollars, more strain on the system, needless hassle for the prison employees, etc....

Murderers who didn't kill for their own protection or of someone else's, rapists, pedophiles, etc..., should all be forcibly expired. There is no reason for them to be left alive, nor to have billions if not trillions of dollars of taxpayers money spent keeping them alive.

Other prisoners should have an attempt made to recondition and reeducate. They should NOT be pampered with Wifi, cable, TV, internet, or anything FREE. They should be made to work fulltime jobs....... or become human guinea pigs for Big Pharma and experimentation if they have become unable to be reformed.

CEO's, politicians, bankers, etc..... People in high positions that can destroy peoples lives on a massive scale, should all be hanged in public places.

The problem with todays overcrowded prisons is, there are no more deterrents for the criminal element to fear. Why give a crap about killing someone because they said "NO" to you, when you get a life of FREE everything, including your own self-contained, fully stocked mini apartment???? There are no deterrents for criminals anymore. Go out and kill, maim, rape, and torture all you want.......you get a life of considerable luxury for doing it.
Sounds fine to me. I am not a sanctity of human life kind of guy.
The purpose of Prison is to punish the guilty and protect the innocent from their presence in normal society.
The world would be better off without them ever being in society again. The lifers are just taking up space and costing money for upkeep, they do not deserve.

Sounds fine to me. I am not a sanctity of human life kind of guy.
The purpose of Prison is to punish the guilty and protect the innocent from their presence in normal society.
The world would be better off without them ever being in society again. The lifers are just taking up space and costing money for upkeep, they do not deserve.
I have zero feelings for anyone who caused harm to another human. zippola.

New Topics

Forum List

Back