What really important thing have you learned from being here at usmb?

What Iā€™ve learned here at USMB:

It is better to have loved and lost.

Wait. That was W.C.Fields. And I think he was wrong, anyway.

Hm. What have I learned here?

Individual discreet facts and some breaking news. But nothing terribly important. Except maybe one insight:

Just as some of us believe we see through the other sideā€™s arguments and rhetoric, so too those on the other side believe they see through our arguments and rhetoric.

well, say what you want but the comma or dash did belong there. I got nearly 90% on a (was it 3rd year or 4th year? one or the other) college English proficiency test--before I ever even took a college English class (and I never really took one except for an introductory kind of one bc it was required, got an A).

Good, for, you.

What Iā€™ve learned here at USMB:

It is better to have loved and lost.

Wait. That was W.C.Fields. And I think he was wrong, anyway.

Hm. What have I learned here?

Individual discreet facts and some breaking news. But nothing terribly important. Except maybe one insight:

Just as some of us believe we see through the other sideā€™s arguments and rhetoric, so too those on the other side believe they see through our arguments and rhetoric.
one side is correct. The other side, again quoting Senator Kennedy

is crazy

Good, for, you.
I perceive you are taking offense to my corrections. Tell me I am, well, "incorrect"

why should you take offense over such a thing? it's not like i accused you of.. I dunno... murdering your unborn child or something

Believe it or not, I was just trying to be of some help.. no nefarious motive. Are u shocked?

(BTW there are no commas in that last post LOL. Yes, I know u know that.)

I'm as baffled as ever how seemingly reasonable people from both parties can look at things so differently. As I read some of the more illogical opinions, I've realized that very often it doesn't pay to engage. At some point you realize that a conversation with them can only turn out to be a perpetual "yes it is, no it isn't' argument, with very little being learned.
Debate and discussion is almost impossible. I've been able to have reasonable exchanges with a handful of Liberals on this board, but that is rare.

There is this one thing someone said WAY back.. months ago about how when bad things happen, he doesn't get too upset anymore (my paraphrase) because it makes him pray.

I have had the same thought but it is sometimes good to hear someone else confirm such things because to this day, when something b ad happens, I usually go berserk before remembering that little bit of wisdom that poster had. So God bless you, wherever you are, whomever you are. Sometimes just remembering someone's helpful words can calm your ass down.

Then there are other things. I have learned a lot about how passionate people can be in their political views. I have noticed lately that the Rs FAR outweight the Ds in this passion of late. Gee, I wonder why?

But it bugs me that sometimes even Rs get overly passionate and say.. what I say are off the wall things.. like the death penalty in the case of the guy who killed his baby daughter. I mean it was Off with his head (or worse) before all the facts seemed to surface.. so yeh, even Rs can get "emotional" and be blinded to reason at times. i say the Rs are far more likely to snap out of it, though.. the dims never seem to evolve .. mature

just wondering what has stood out for you in posters' messages..
The most important thing that I have learned while here at USMB is that a tiny group of people will take something and begin to target other individuals. For example, the last Red Scare during an election cycle where the Democrats appeared to just regurgitate a political view point without taking into consideration what was actually being said and that we had a historical track record of the same. I saw it again with what appears to be a small group of sociopathic predators here attempt to terrorize an individual while those that watched were either afraid to say anything in case they were targeted or because they thought it was funny. Oh, well, what are you gonna do? Right?

The most important thing that I have learned while here at USMB is that a tiny group of people will take something and begin to target other individuals. For example, the last Red Scare during an election cycle where the Democrats appeared to just regurgitate a political view point without taking into consideration what was actually being said and that we had a historical track record of the same. I saw it again with what appears to be a small group of sociopathic predators here attempt to terrorize an individual while those that watched were either afraid to say anything in case they were targeted or because they thought it was funny. Oh, well, what are you gonna do? Right?
I'd need an example re sociopathic predators

Is the Mules video available on line.. Do you have to pay for it?

I would love to see it
I'll see if I can find it for you, Lord knows if I created a Vevo account to post it, it would be banned in 1 day.

Now the thing is..at a certain point they start extrapolating things to the point of ridiculousness. It's good and factual up until that point.

I'll see if I can find it for you, Lord knows if I created a Vevo account to post it, it would be banned in 1 day.

Now the thing is..at a certain point they start extrapolating things to the point of ridiculousness. It's good and factual up until that point.
That is why I specified the geotracking data and analysis which was really interesting and informative. I had heard of it but they captured it in a very clear and concise way. I agree there was a lot of extrapolation but they did say that they've done all they can do. It's up to the FBI to start tracking down and AT LEAST questioning the 2000 (actually more like 50,000) mules with the same zeal and determination that they have gone after every single person even remotely associated with J6. And we all know that means it won't happen.

Yes. So, from now on, work in content.
And, I left out that a lot of people do not proofread their messages, will not use the quotation tool, or lead with just a link to an article they were interested in and expect the reader to develop an interest, read the article, and then what - they want us to write a comment about the article?

And how about this creative response to my earlier post???

What really important thing have you learned from being here at usmb?​

I've learned not to ever ask Mac1958, JackOfNoTrades, JimH52, ElmerMudd, The Banker, Dana7360, Johnlaw, Rye Catcher, Ben Thomson, francoHFW, C_Clayton_Jones, danielpalos, Lesh, Mr Clean, The Mean One, Busybee01, BlindBoo, OldLady, surada, DrLove, washamericom, Vrenn, Dragonlady, mamooth, Smokinā€™ OP, Chillicothe, cnm, MizMolly, Colin norris, StormAl, Care4all, Aldo Raine, Dadoalex, Magnus, Winco, schmidlap, or NotfooledbyW any sort of intelligent question or debate any serious issue and expect to ever get any sort of actual legitimate, credible, tangible reply or response from them other than:
  1. I'm stupid.
  2. I'm uneducated.
  3. I'm brainwashed by Fox News on.
  4. I'm part of Trump's "cult." Or
  5. I'm simply not worth any sort of serious reply to.

I have learned there is no such thing as too much alcohol while reading and posting here...
6yatsi.jpg

I always thought Americans were different. That we'd always manage to find the right path, and do what's right to protect this great country.

But I've been truly amazed how easy it has been for a would-be dictator, like trump, to lead tens of millions of Americans by the nose, as if they were brainless zombies. They do his bidding as if they no longer have a mind of their own.

Never thought I'd see that happen in America.

I have learned that SOME here think denigrating and insulting others passes for debate.

There is this one thing someone said WAY back.. months ago about how when bad things happen, he doesn't get too upset anymore (my paraphrase) because it makes him pray.

I have had the same thought but it is sometimes good to hear someone else confirm such things because to this day, when something b ad happens, I usually go berserk before remembering that little bit of wisdom that poster had. So God bless you, wherever you are, whomever you are. Sometimes just remembering someone's helpful words can calm your ass down.

Then there are other things. I have learned a lot about how passionate people can be in their political views. I have noticed lately that the Rs FAR outweight the Ds in this passion of late. Gee, I wonder why?

But it bugs me that sometimes even Rs get overly passionate and say.. what I say are off the wall things.. like the death penalty in the case of the guy who killed his baby daughter. I mean it was Off with his head (or worse) before all the facts seemed to surface.. so yeh, even Rs can get "emotional" and be blinded to reason at times. i say the Rs are far more likely to snap out of it, though.. the dims never seem to evolve .. mature

just wondering what has stood out for you in posters' messages..

I've learned that most people don't care about the truth, they're only interested in entertaining themselves.

I've learned that most people don't care about the truth, they're only interested in entertaining themselves.
You wouldn't know the truth if it was smacking you in the ass and calling you "Sally", fuckin' retard.

Pretend you're cultsmasher and post some truth, bitch. (unless it involves Nazi stuff, he always gets that wrong for some reason)

Forum List

Back